ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
pda and tracked items
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
pda and tracked items
i keep gettin a bollockin off my dom for the pda not sending events on tracked items. he says that some of the tracked items don't get sent by the time i knock off so he gets foned up late at night wanting to know why the tracked items have 'failed'. he says i should fone him on his mobile if any items have not gone through, cos he's gone home! now i have issues with this. 1. as far as i am aware, there is no outstanding items when i clock off. the pda has a zero on the events, and 2. royal mail does not provide us with fones! if i fone the office or anyone else on royal mail business, it is from my own personal fone and therefore my credit! please discuss.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: pda and tracked items
i'd just tell him that as far as you are aware, there's no problem, you scanned ok and any further problem is due to RM giving us crap 2nd hand pda's.
mine went on a go slow yesterday, took me 10 mins to deliver 1 sd, other tracked item i just peeled sticker and used my oppo's pda later.
as for phoning, i wouldn't just to put his mind at ease, tell him you have to walk 15 mins to find a phone box and will ring if he pays 30 mins overtime
mine went on a go slow yesterday, took me 10 mins to deliver 1 sd, other tracked item i just peeled sticker and used my oppo's pda later.
as for phoning, i wouldn't just to put his mind at ease, tell him you have to walk 15 mins to find a phone box and will ring if he pays 30 mins overtime
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: pda and tracked items
If you go to options in the bottom left hand corner, then comms, then reconnect comms it will attempt to send anything you have scanned in! 
I do this if a few items are unsent, just incase the PDA freezes!
I do this if a few items are unsent, just incase the PDA freezes!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: pda and tracked items
Ok your dom is not doing things right, the system is 24 hours behind so he can't get an accurate reading of failures for same day, he needs to check the system in the morning, as long as when u log off the pda has zero events to send you have done your partolilew wrote:i keep gettin a bollockin off my dom for the pda not sending events on tracked items. he says that some of the tracked items don't get sent by the time i knock off so he gets foned up late at night wanting to know why the tracked items have 'failed'. he says i should fone him on his mobile if any items have not gone through, cos he's gone home! now i have issues with this. 1. as far as i am aware, there is no outstanding items when i clock off. the pda has a zero on the events, and 2. royal mail does not provide us with fones! if i fone the office or anyone else on royal mail business, it is from my own personal fone and therefore my credit! please discuss.
As for phoning him just tell him to leave the office phone out and availible for you to use when you come back to log off
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: pda and tracked items
Ignore your DOM,you've done your job,and as for phoning him!
Also see your rep.
Also see your rep.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: pda and tracked items
Please Note When Using PDA's....
I was conduct coded in breif for something what happened when using a faulty PDA, I used it to get my collection done as there were no other devices available or charged at the time. My only alternative would have been to wait for another driver to come in with a charged PDA (charging station in my van was broken and had been reported) and miss some of my collection hence loosing my customers down.
I was told at my disciplinary THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE USED THE DEVICE, I don't know what I should have done he wouldn't directly answer that
....
The moral of the story is don't use faulty PDA's for whatever reason, if something goes wrong, it's your fault as I found to my expense......
N.B my appeal is in.
I was conduct coded in breif for something what happened when using a faulty PDA, I used it to get my collection done as there were no other devices available or charged at the time. My only alternative would have been to wait for another driver to come in with a charged PDA (charging station in my van was broken and had been reported) and miss some of my collection hence loosing my customers down.
I was told at my disciplinary THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE USED THE DEVICE, I don't know what I should have done he wouldn't directly answer that
The moral of the story is don't use faulty PDA's for whatever reason, if something goes wrong, it's your fault as I found to my expense......
N.B my appeal is in.
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: pda and tracked items
PDAs are the biggest piece of crap going. But with RM so much behind in technology its no surprise we use the biggest pile of ***** available.
I was extremely close to throwing mine at brick wall today. But i didn't want the wall to fall down
.
I was extremely close to throwing mine at brick wall today. But i didn't want the wall to fall down
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
pda and tracked items
According to my DOM,RM have BIG problems with scanning. Our roll out of then new ones has been delayed until the new year, because the system cant cope. Bet this doesn't appear on RM tv. Carry on regardless, or "Up the Kyber". 
-
tinkz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
pda and tracked items
No end of problems with the new ones too...I left mine at the office today life is good wheb using pen and paper ha
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
pda and tracked items
Today, I scanned a 'Tracked Signed For' (according to the label) at the delivery point and it
immediately disappeared without pausing for a signature or having to press submit - the tracking
number just appeared for a split second then the spinning circle appeared and it had gone.
Scanned it again just to make sure I wasn't being a biff and it did it again.
Customer then appeared and I though b... to this and let him have the parcel.
immediately disappeared without pausing for a signature or having to press submit - the tracking
number just appeared for a split second then the spinning circle appeared and it had gone.
Scanned it again just to make sure I wasn't being a biff and it did it again.
Customer then appeared and I though b... to this and let him have the parcel.
Last edited by yellowbelly on 23 Oct 2016, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12191
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
pda and tracked items
Generally no problems with them in MCs so probably nothing to do with the server(s) that all the data goes to, must be capacity issues for the mobile connections. Do the new PDAs in DOs download ok once within range of the office wi-fi or are in the craddle?