ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transferring to another office in the same county

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheProgster
Posts: 25
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 23:42
Gender: Male

Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by TheProgster »

:confused I'm looking to transfer from south of my county to north so about 70 miles, I asked my manager and he said
It would be no problem as he knew the manager of the office I want to go to...that was 3 weeks ago and he
hasn't done much since he said that particular manager is in another one and he can't get hold of him.
I know for a fact that there are vacancies and even a person is retiring at the end of the year at the office
I want to go to as I have got some inside information from a guy who works there who was at my office
3 years ago...the question is...is it done by phone unofficially or is there a form to fill out?
I'm in a catch 22 situation where my house is on the market and if I find a house in this new place I
want to know whether there is a job to go to and the timing and the seniority so much to do, and the
actual moving trying to fit it in a holiday week...anybody had a similar situation ? It seems a nightmare
and I'm wondering how long it will take and is it worth all the hassle, but I want to move I have no ties
here. :arrrghhh
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by sidewinder »

Don't hold out much hope on a quick or any transfer. It can take a very long time.
RB
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 18:29
Gender: Female

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by RB »

Hi, I think if you go on the RM Intranet, look on the forms list under T, you shoud find a Transfer Application Pack. You need to have been at your office for 6 months and not have a live warning in existence. Good luck!
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by Stammerking »

Took me 4 months but was not done through the system a bit of ringing up every other day and getting the union involved!
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by PhilthyPhil »

Contact the DOM of the office you want to move to. If he is short staffed he will pressure the DSM to get you transfered. Not how its meant to work but it reality it is the most effective way of getting a transfer sorted. A few guys have done the this is my office because our DOM never does anything hoping they can burry their head in the sand and the person will just give up. One guy was moving 100 miles away, what does the DOM think is going to happen commute 200 miles a day :crazy:
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by chunk »

PhilthyPhil wrote:Contact the DOM of the office you want to move to. If he is short staffed he will pressure the DSM to get you transfered. Not how its meant to work but it reality it is the most effective way of getting a transfer sorted. A few guys have done the this is my office because our DOM never does anything hoping they can burry their head in the sand and the person will just give up. One guy was moving 100 miles away, what does the DOM think is going to happen commute 200 miles a day :crazy:
Totally the way to go! poke you head in the door and say your looking to transfer.
if theres nothing available at least you will know.
theres no incentive for your manager to let you go as he will have to replace you/train up somebody new
and it also just another chore he cant be asked to organize.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
edgar_fonseca
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 10:35
Gender: Male

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by edgar_fonseca »

Move from East London to West London, trying to get transfer, to TW office as they have short staf, asked my Dom he said no "I won't let you go".
Spoke with CWU Rep to explain why situation. He spoke with my Dom and same answer, in this case, my Dom told him that he has short part time works, but the true is that he doesn't want to recruit we are strangluing off staff. Any advice?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by Darren Bent »

what would happens say resign from local office then move to next office and carry on working there. Can you resume seniority, keep your shares and stuff like that.
UsernameAlreadyInUse
Posts: 29
Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
Gender: Female

Re: Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by UsernameAlreadyInUse »

If there are vacancies at the office you want to go to, apply online and let HR deal with it.
ratchy31
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 22:01
Gender: Female

Transferring to another office in the same county

Post by ratchy31 »

How do you apply for internal jobs at another office?