ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CANCER
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: CANCER
Sorry to hear this my friend.
I too have had the big C. In my case I was off for about 5 months in all. Not issued with any attendance stage when I got back. I think it’s company policy not to when cancer is involved but I stand to be corrected on that.
I too have had the big C. In my case I was off for about 5 months in all. Not issued with any attendance stage when I got back. I think it’s company policy not to when cancer is involved but I stand to be corrected on that.
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: CANCER
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, be strong
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about- ... and-cancer
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about- ... and-cancer
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: CANCER
Sorry to hear that. First and foremost, look after yourself and yours. For example never miss or postpone a medical appointment because of work pressure.
As for work, it depends on your individual circumstances, your condition and treatment needs.
Cancer may be covered by Disability Discrimination legislation. Speak to your rep if you feel comfortable doing so.
As for work, it depends on your individual circumstances, your condition and treatment needs.
Cancer may be covered by Disability Discrimination legislation. Speak to your rep if you feel comfortable doing so.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: CANCER
From the point of diagnosis, cancer is considered to be a disability and as such all absences due to the condition and its treatment should be discounted from the attendance procedure.
Your Branch should have a disability champion/officer. It might be as well to contact them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Re: CANCER
Sorry to hear your news. I had a cancer diagnosis myself a little over 18 months ago. Obviously there is a range of different cancers and a whole range of different treatments. Everybody’s individual case is different. I would say that I found management to be very sympathetic and understanding. My Doms reaction was “just tell us what you need from us and we will do all we can to help you”.
Cancer is covered by the equalities act so you shouldn’t have to worry about being issued with stage warnings or losing your job if you need to take time off for treatment ( I triggered stage ones on 3 occasions but none got issued)
A lot will depend on your individual diagnosis and how that will impact your ability to work prior to any treatment, during treatment and after treatment.
Good luck.
Cancer is covered by the equalities act so you shouldn’t have to worry about being issued with stage warnings or losing your job if you need to take time off for treatment ( I triggered stage ones on 3 occasions but none got issued)
A lot will depend on your individual diagnosis and how that will impact your ability to work prior to any treatment, during treatment and after treatment.
Good luck.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: CANCER
Wish you well sbc sorry to hear this friend keep positive mate 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: CANCER
Sorry to hear this.
Be careful on the Equality Act - it isn't based on a condition - only how you are affected.
Keep all paperwork, check you understand the attendance policy (they won't) - you are entitled to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay.
Stay at work if you can, if you need time off take it.
Be careful on the Equality Act - it isn't based on a condition - only how you are affected.
Keep all paperwork, check you understand the attendance policy (they won't) - you are entitled to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay.
Stay at work if you can, if you need time off take it.