ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sorting office phone numbers.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pengi77
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 19:44
Gender: Female

Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by Pengi77 »

Is there a list anywhere of sorting office phone numbers? not the customer service number where you are kept on hold for ages. Trying to help a customer that was scammed, they were given wrong info by customer services, so trying to go direct but can't find a phone number for the office I need to contact. The office I'm trying to contact is Catford if anybody can be of any help.
Thanks
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by 2yearpostie »

Not in the public domain as very few offices have enough staff to man the phoneline/correct training to deal with issues.
Thats why the advise is to go to a CSP during opening hours.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6698
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by RobertT »

I haven't got a clue if the numbers are up to date, etc. But a quick google came up with this:

https://directory.newsshopper.co.uk/com ... 2977686529
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Pengi77
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 19:44
Gender: Female

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by Pengi77 »

2yearpostie wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2021, 16:33
Not in the public domain as very few offices have enough staff to man the phoneline/correct training to deal with issues.
Thats why the advise is to go to a CSP during opening hours.
I know the phone numbers are not in the public domain, but you'd think that there would be an internal directory somewhere, rather than doing everything via customer services. I can't go to CSP during opening hours as I have to "man" the CSP at the sorting office I work at, plus the office I'm trying to contact is over 60 miles away, but thanks anyway
Pengi77
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 19:44
Gender: Female

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by Pengi77 »

RobertT wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2021, 16:35
I haven't got a clue if the numbers are up to date, etc. But a quick google came up with this:

https://directory.newsshopper.co.uk/com ... 2977686529
Thank's but I had already found something similar, and most of the numbers are out of date, but thank you for trying anyway.
Cafcant
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 12:00
Gender: Male

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by Cafcant »

Hi ask your line manager to go onto DOBI that has all delivery office details on it
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Be careful giving out internal phone numbers, they won’t thank you.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sorting office phone numbers.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Grumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2021, 20:03
Be careful giving out internal phone numbers, they won’t thank you.
Please never post on here as well, as that would most definitely be Royal Mail Confidential information.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.