ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Poll!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How did you vote?

Yes
527
48%
No
544
49%
Spoilt the ballot paper
28
3%
 
Total votes: 1099

tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by tommyrep »

Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
NW11851
Posts: 374
Joined: 09 Mar 2017, 14:24
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by NW11851 »

I’m employed by Angard, but joined the Union soon after starting.

I don’t get a vote as, technically, I don’t work for RM at a southern Mail Centre.

I cannot see there’s much in it for me.

Equally, no-one in the Union Rep’s Room has ever bothered contacting me.

Just happy to take my £5.24 on the first day of the month.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by aiden01 »

tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by hans solo »

aiden01 wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
of course you would your not on delivery says it all really
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by aiden01 »

hans solo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
of course you would your not on delivery says it all really
So if you worked in a mc you would also vote yes :hmmmm
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

The Poll!

Post by seaside »

aiden01 wrote:
hans solo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
of course you would your not on delivery says it all really
So if you worked in a mc you would also vote yes :hmmmm
I would vote yes if I worked in a MC, its us posties that have the real workload issues. Which are not been addressed as far as I can see which is why I voted no.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by aiden01 »

seaside wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
hans solo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
of course you would your not on delivery says it all really
So if you worked in a mc you would also vote yes :hmmmm
I would vote yes if I worked in a MC, its us posties that have the real workload issues. Which are not been addressed as far as I can see which is why I voted no.
Understand were you coming from and and that is up to cwu to deal with.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by grandypants »

Ok time to upset people, a definte yes from me and the majority of my DO, what we have to remember is we are not brain surgeons we are to all effect gloyrified paper boys ( for those who remember what they were)we are in the main unskilled and very well paid for what we do.
The main problem I have is the amount of people who have never worked any where else apart from RM and who are caught up in this us and them culture, I have worked in all sorts of industries and hand on my heart this is the easiest job I have ever had,try carrying a hod six days a week and if bad weather kicked in no pay,shot blasting plant machines in order to get ready for export and god help you if they wernt ready that was not an option no such thing as "work to my time", I'm 62 and still going strong and intend to work as long as I can, I will not amass a great pension from RM as I have only been here 20 years but what I get I will have to get by on it.
How many other industries are getting pay rises ?
Bullying and harassment ffs cant you stand up for yourselves
Really people need to see whats going on outside RM and realise what a good job you have
Ok now the insults will start to fly
dids620
Posts: 80
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by dids620 »

grandypants wrote:Ok time to upset people, a definte yes from me and the majority of my DO, what we have to remember is we are not brain surgeons we are to all effect gloyrified paper boys ( for those who remember what they were)we are in the main unskilled and very well paid for what we do.
The main problem I have is the amount of people who have never worked any where else apart from RM and who are caught up in this us and them culture, I have worked in all sorts of industries and hand on my heart this is the easiest job I have ever had,try carrying a hod six days a week and if bad weather kicked in no pay,shot blasting plant machines in order to get ready for export and god help you if they wernt ready that was not an option no such thing as "work to my time", I'm 62 and still going strong and intend to work as long as I can, I will not amass a great pension from RM as I have only been here 20 years but what I get I will have to get by on it.
How many other industries are getting pay rises ?
Bullying and harassment ffs cant you stand up for yourselves
Really people need to see whats going on outside RM and realise what a good job you have
Ok now the insults will start to fly
You forgot that we are lucky to have a job spiel. Next you will be saying we should go over our time without pay for the Royal Mail badge!!! Been here 20 years? Then you should remember how good the job was and how far its gone down the SH****R. If you're a postie you should hang your head in shame.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 19 Mar 2018, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rules: Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

The Poll!

Post by BELIAL »

:chuckle :chuckle It's the Ken Dodd back catalogue appreciation society batting for Moya. classic
Bye
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

The Poll!

Post by midegarelu »

hans solo wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
Celgar wrote:Poll vote on here is still a significant majority NO vote. Here's hoping we get a NO vote in the actual ballot. To be honest though I still expect a cop-out YES vote in the end. Postie's aren't willing to take a stand.
People on the chat site take some interest in what goes on with RM.
It’s an open forum for people’s opinions to agree or disagree, often good open debate.
Unfortunately there are many who do not even take enough interest to vote !
Others are easily swayed by propaganda and cannot see the wood for the trees.
There are a lot of short sighted selfish sorts employed by RM, so I would bet on a yes vote.
Turkeys that really do enjoy the prospect of Xmas dinner.
Voted yes on the propaganda i received from the cwu.
of course you would your not on delivery says it all really

Not on Delivery, work in Mail Centre.
Still voted no.
Watching what goes on here, big problems in RM.
None of which is addressed in this deal.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by greengiant »

A No vote from me.

To many ifs and buts and hand waving from the "agreement".

What are these trials? What will be the impact of the trials on staff? And if the trials fail, what then?

As I said, too many ifs a and buts from the agreement. :thumbdown
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by Decky Boy »

grandypants wrote:Ok time to upset people, a definte yes from me and the majority of my DO, what we have to remember is we are not brain surgeons we are to all effect gloyrified paper boys ( for those who remember what they were)we are in the main unskilled and very well paid for what we do.
The main problem I have is the amount of people who have never worked any where else apart from RM and who are caught up in this us and them culture, I have worked in all sorts of industries and hand on my heart this is the easiest job I have ever had,try carrying a hod six days a week and if bad weather kicked in no pay,shot blasting plant machines in order to get ready for export and god help you if they wernt ready that was not an option no such thing as "work to my time", I'm 62 and still going strong and intend to work as long as I can, I will not amass a great pension from RM as I have only been here 20 years but what I get I will have to get by on it.
How many other industries are getting pay rises ?
Bullying and harassment ffs cant you stand up for yourselves
Really people need to see whats going on outside RM and realise what a good job you have
Ok now the insults will start to fly
A quality post (above) :thumbup I'm with you pal :dance
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by Decky Boy »

seaside wrote:
dinosam wrote:
dids620 wrote:In my late 40's and workload is taking its toll on my body (bad back,feet etc). Address workload and B&H first. I would rather have a long and healthy retirement than money. Fast forward 30 years to my pension age. I'm really gonna enjoy the pension that may or may not materialize dependent on government and "risks". Previous post referring to what the nurses are getting. Stop looking at those worse off than you. Nurses have their own union to fight their battles. Don't justify this joke of an agreement by saying its better than what was offered at the beginning. RM were obviously not gonna get what they proposed. Simples.
:Applause :Applause

Unfortunately not many will see past pay rise instead of RM smashing our pension with our unions backing and getting us working to 67 :no no seriously considering saving my weekly £3.56 towards my pension. :hmmmm :hmmmm
Was thinking the same thing, if they are not addressing workload issues, why waste my money.
£3.56 a week for job security, a descent pension and ( ultimately ) a 35 Hour Week. It's a no-brainier for some of us educated postmen :thumbup :thumbup Withdawal from trade union membership is not the answer. . . What were they offering (or imposing) on us prior to Union intervention ? ? ?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

The Poll!

Post by Celgar »

grandypants wrote:Ok time to upset people, a definte yes from me and the majority of my DO, what we have to remember is we are not brain surgeons we are to all effect gloyrified paper boys ( for those who remember what they were)we are in the main unskilled and very well paid for what we do.
The main problem I have is the amount of people who have never worked any where else apart from RM and who are caught up in this us and them culture, I have worked in all sorts of industries and hand on my heart this is the easiest job I have ever had,try carrying a hod six days a week and if bad weather kicked in no pay,shot blasting plant machines in order to get ready for export and god help you if they wernt ready that was not an option no such thing as "work to my time", I'm 62 and still going strong and intend to work as long as I can, I will not amass a great pension from RM as I have only been here 20 years but what I get I will have to get by on it.
How many other industries are getting pay rises ?
Bullying and harassment ffs cant you stand up for yourselves
Really people need to see whats going on outside RM and realise what a good job you have
Ok now the insults will start to fly
Remember how you voted at a later date when you are struggling to pull mail out of three different bundles in the rain to push through a letterbox. Or when you are knocking on someone's door in the dark in the later part of the afternoon or early evening and no one is in. This is where we are heading if you turn your head, don't read the agreement fully, and vote yes.

Self-employed type jobs are a bit different to former public service jobs like the Royal Mail. True self employed jobs that is and not the current wave of fake self employment sweeping the nation. In case you hadn't noticed the whole system is on the edge of the toilet. Billions of pounds of work being done unpaid each year. Employment being subsidised via the tax credit system rather than people being paid a living wage. Working people are on the losing side and I don't see things improving.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.