I've got a pair of orthotics which I got perscribed a couple of years ago. I'm going back next month for a new pair, as I think I need them adjusted / new pairspiderj wrote:Shows where you're placing your weightgreengiant wrote:lol!Thunderthighs wrote:Climbing Snowdon every day then? lol!I think I must walk funny as it's always the outer edge of my shoes that wear first - at least that explains my clown size 13 feet!
Sore hips/legs?
Unusual gait?
Try insoles/stretches
Or maybe a robot leg?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
-
numnut
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 08 Apr 2017, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
Old post, I know...
Started last week and just took delivery of Anvil Trainers, Size 11
They look the business, came with a set of thinner insoles. But am sending them back straight away. Waaaay too narrow.
Shoes-wise, my catalogue shows DM and Magnum shoes and YDS trainers. I've discounted the DMs (boots perhaps, but shoes, nah). Will either of the two remaining be OK for wider feet?
Started last week and just took delivery of Anvil Trainers, Size 11
They look the business, came with a set of thinner insoles. But am sending them back straight away. Waaaay too narrow.
Shoes-wise, my catalogue shows DM and Magnum shoes and YDS trainers. I've discounted the DMs (boots perhaps, but shoes, nah). Will either of the two remaining be OK for wider feet?
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
Because there cheap, remember the CAT trainers, years ago we had the Clarke shoes they where so comfortable it was like doing your delivery in your sleepers.Andy51 wrote:Why don't royal mail go for a famous make of trainer or shoes instead of these cheap imitations
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
DM's are the only footwear worth getting. Take an age to break in, but worth it. Everything else is too narrow and slippy in the wet.numnut wrote:Old post, I know...
Started last week and just took delivery of Anvil Trainers, Size 11
They look the business, came with a set of thinner insoles. But am sending them back straight away. Waaaay too narrow.
Shoes-wise, my catalogue shows DM and Magnum shoes and YDS trainers. I've discounted the DMs (boots perhaps, but shoes, nah). Will either of the two remaining be OK for wider feet?
-
numnut
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 08 Apr 2017, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
I got hold of a pair of Merrell Moabs low-Rise Hiking Shoes:
Went up a half-size from Merrell's sizing. Right out of the box they were instantly comfy, with no toe crush.
Suitably understated in black. The super grippy Vibram sole unit is excellent and gives some extra height, too.
Width is good. I reckon the shoe last will suit those with a square or rounded forefoot.
A nicely-padded upper, but thankfully not too stiff.
Enough arch support, and I can barely register any heel impact. A good rolling gait is easy to achieve.
I used them at work for the first time today, with no foot squeeze, tiredness or stiffness.
Judging by the ease with which these shoes tackled the pavements of my round, they'll do nicely.
Went up a half-size from Merrell's sizing. Right out of the box they were instantly comfy, with no toe crush.
Suitably understated in black. The super grippy Vibram sole unit is excellent and gives some extra height, too.
Width is good. I reckon the shoe last will suit those with a square or rounded forefoot.
A nicely-padded upper, but thankfully not too stiff.
Enough arch support, and I can barely register any heel impact. A good rolling gait is easy to achieve.
I used them at work for the first time today, with no foot squeeze, tiredness or stiffness.
Judging by the ease with which these shoes tackled the pavements of my round, they'll do nicely.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
Brain Fury wrote:I still don't know what you're talking about but then maybe you don't either. So I'll repeat my point and I suggest you read this next bit really slowly.axeman wrote:Brain Fury wrote:What are you talking about?axeman wrote:Brain Fury wrote:i was recently at an office that had participated in the trial of the trainers and they couldn't wait to be able to order the Anvil Tractions. They loved them. That's the problem with providing uniform (especially footwear) for every person that likes something you'll find somebody else that doesn't.
What a surprise bri of course there perfect have you removed your blindfold and moya headphones yet
Obviously you believe the hype your told as you have no experience yourselfif a shoe is crap who belter to say than those that have to plod round day after day with the cheap shi* royal fail issues
and know ,...... not fit for purpose tag is clearly applicable to them
In March, I visited a DO that is a Delivery Office. It's a building where RM employees work. Some of them deliver letters every day. Ok so far?
Some of the ones who deliver letters, you know the people who plod around in RM issue footwear all day had been asked to take part in a trial of some new footwear. That meant they were asked not to wear their normal RM issue footwear but to wear some different shoes. Not just once but every day for 6 months. Then they would be asked to write on a piece of paper to say if they liked the different shoes or not so that Royal Mail could decide whether to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on buying some for the delivery staff to wear. The shoes the delivery staff at the Delivery Office I visited had been given were called the Anvil Traction trainer. It turns out that most of them did like the new shoes - the Anvil Traction trainer. They wrote this on their pieces of paper.
When I visited, they told me about the Anvil Traction trainers and that they really liked them. The delivery staff, your colleagues had worn them as part of the 6 month trial and liked them. They liked them so much they asked me if I knew when they would be available to order. They wanted to order them. Because they had worn them and liked them and wanted to get more. That wasn't my opinion. It wasn't me believing any hype about the footwear being trialled. I hadn't heard any hype about the new footwear. I didn't know anything about the new footwear or the trial. The OPGs at the Delivery Office I visited liked the new Anvil Traction trainer and asked me when they could order more. Unfortunately I didn't know. I didn't know anything about the new shoes. Fortunately I knew a person who would know about the footwear trial. So I asked them and they told me that the new Anvil trainers could be ordered from the beginning of April. Then I told the staff at the DO I had visited when they, the posties, could order the new Anvil Traction trainers that they had tried and liked. I don't know but I expect they ordered some of the new trainers. Because they had tried them and liked them.
It turns out that the delivery staff at the Delivery Office I had visited were not the only ones who had been trying the new Anvil Traction trainer. Nearly 5,000 other posties had been trying them too. For 6 months. Apparently some, perhaps most, had liked them too so Royal Mail had decided to make them available to order.
And not only that but it turns out that at the same time 5,000 other delivery staff had been trying a completely different type of shoe . This one was made by a company called YDS. A lot of the people that tried the YDS trainers liked them and had written it on their pieces of paper. So Royal Mail had made the YDS trainer available too.
I'm sure that some people were pleased and like the new trainers. Others not so much. But that's the problem when you only provide a few different designs of footwear for over 100,000 staff. If that many people could find footwear they liked from only a few designs there wouldn't be so many designs in the shops. Plus of course and I know this might shock you but there are some people that will whinge about the uniform and particularly footwear they are given whatever the design.
Interesting read..
But sadly ; one of no significance.
People will always whinge .. Such is life.
(BTW.. I am tired .. so anything I write could well be crap)
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
They are fooking awful .
What on earth are the Dim wits up to when selecting footwear.
One thing cost,cost,cost
They must cost no more than 15p a pair
Do the new anvils trainers have any of the characteristic detailed below if not there not fit for purpose.
Pay particular attention to sole and insole.
Lacing System: Assymetrical lace-to-toe lacing system allows you to adjust the fit of your shoes to suit your feet
Upper: Split suede and abrasion resistant rubber
Lining: GORE-TEX
Midsole: Dual density EVA midsole
Insole: X40 High Rebound OrthoLite® PU foam with a moulded EVA heel cup
Sole: VIBRAM® XS Grip compound and OPTI-STUD® Multisport
What on earth are the Dim wits up to when selecting footwear.
One thing cost,cost,cost
They must cost no more than 15p a pair
Do the new anvils trainers have any of the characteristic detailed below if not there not fit for purpose.
Pay particular attention to sole and insole.
Lacing System: Assymetrical lace-to-toe lacing system allows you to adjust the fit of your shoes to suit your feet
Upper: Split suede and abrasion resistant rubber
Lining: GORE-TEX
Midsole: Dual density EVA midsole
Insole: X40 High Rebound OrthoLite® PU foam with a moulded EVA heel cup
Sole: VIBRAM® XS Grip compound and OPTI-STUD® Multisport
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear
I have a pair i don't mind them. but they are not water proof and my biggest problem i have with them is i seem to roll my ankle with them all the time. Just waiting for the day i sprain my anckle with them.