they told us today we walk collapse every day next week and have no idea how to plan for door 2 doorfishtank wrote:Well i woudn't get to excited.woofwoof wrote:so by the looks of it this should end longs & shorts and the only time we can collapse walks is if we get zero door 2 door that week
D2D will only add 3-4% on your call-rate so on a quiet tuesday,if they still exist,i would still expect them to come looking for lapsing.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Once again!.....you lapse...because you can
-
sparky29
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
so when do our 1 in 4 saturdays begin , if the d2d begin on the 7th june ?
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Your menu of options kick in on your WSM machine revisions.However your D2D could,in theory,stop lapsing.......
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
drb wrote:Your menu of options kick in on your WSM machine revisions.
I honestly can't see what's stopping you going for it with a Delivery Methods Revision drb.
Park&Loop will mean longer deliveries...longer deliveries will most likely mean longer Saturdays...and longer Saturdays mean i want better attendance patterns.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
I am at the workshops on Tuesday.I will get more info then.From what I see it is the longer span means longer day.This will mean getting a collective agreement on what YOUR office wants in terms of attendance patterns.Again your A plus needs to be upto date.
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
However your D2D could,in theory,stop lapsing
Our Dom does not think so as we have 3 walkes lapsed and that is before D2D start
Today our WSM was over 1hour and half late we got out an hour later then normal and still had to do our lapsing, though I left some behind and will be ready for the backlash tomorrow.
It seems who ever throws/preps the lapsed walks has to include prepping D2D, my issue is this should be done by the persons that take the particular bit of road out, I am one of the duty's that has to prep these walks plus my own and also prep an sa that is part of my duty prep, so I will be unindated by d2d that is if I am not suspended in the morning , though i did mention to dom in the week that what i had to deliver was all wrong for the lapsed part delivery, when I had to cycle pass 5 roads and other postmen delivering to get to 3 houses
when I told the dom this last tuesday he was not interested. so today i toook the other part of the lapsed I had to do and left the rest in the frame ready for me to return to the office to do , but ran out of time, as my finishing time was 2pm and that is when i finished
Essex mum
Our Dom does not think so as we have 3 walkes lapsed and that is before D2D start
Today our WSM was over 1hour and half late we got out an hour later then normal and still had to do our lapsing, though I left some behind and will be ready for the backlash tomorrow.
It seems who ever throws/preps the lapsed walks has to include prepping D2D, my issue is this should be done by the persons that take the particular bit of road out, I am one of the duty's that has to prep these walks plus my own and also prep an sa that is part of my duty prep, so I will be unindated by d2d that is if I am not suspended in the morning , though i did mention to dom in the week that what i had to deliver was all wrong for the lapsed part delivery, when I had to cycle pass 5 roads and other postmen delivering to get to 3 houses
Essex mum
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Obviously your area rep/rep knows nothing about the terms or conditions of the D2D.Or perhaps your DOM is ignoring it.Go to this section,( http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=27392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Download and give it to your rep asap.
If you are still a "shorter Saturday" then you should be prepping 1/5th rather then 1/6th.Prep your fifth on your frame going DOWN rather then across.That way the weight is distributed rather then in one road.
I have it on assurance from top level of BOTH sides that any DOM/Line manager breaching agreements must be passed up immediatly.This message is getting relayed EVERY day to us.
Your planner is only to "facilitate" the reps rather then dictate.They will try it on on budget.This has also been stipulated to us from the business as a "no no",(finally!!)
I reckon that these "dinosaurs" are reminents of a regime who simply do not want the CWU in the centre of these issues as it clearly does. You must let your area rep know immediatly.
The timing of the D2D could of been done better.I cannot meet with my DOM as he is not in the office this week.There-fore I cannot discuss ,or know,how many contracts are there this week.Also BOTH of us are to attend the workshops this Tuesday. I have a feeling that our members will prep everything on Monday & Tuesday.There-fore they will HAVE TO absorb Weds,Thurs,Friday,(possibly all week if they prep them in on Saturday after their walk).
Download and give it to your rep asap.
If you are still a "shorter Saturday" then you should be prepping 1/5th rather then 1/6th.Prep your fifth on your frame going DOWN rather then across.That way the weight is distributed rather then in one road.
I have it on assurance from top level of BOTH sides that any DOM/Line manager breaching agreements must be passed up immediatly.This message is getting relayed EVERY day to us.
Your planner is only to "facilitate" the reps rather then dictate.They will try it on on budget.This has also been stipulated to us from the business as a "no no",(finally!!)
I reckon that these "dinosaurs" are reminents of a regime who simply do not want the CWU in the centre of these issues as it clearly does. You must let your area rep know immediatly.
The timing of the D2D could of been done better.I cannot meet with my DOM as he is not in the office this week.There-fore I cannot discuss ,or know,how many contracts are there this week.Also BOTH of us are to attend the workshops this Tuesday. I have a feeling that our members will prep everything on Monday & Tuesday.There-fore they will HAVE TO absorb Weds,Thurs,Friday,(possibly all week if they prep them in on Saturday after their walk).
-
Borderpost64
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
In our office it is at most 4 D to D until July 12 then it can go up to 5 D to D then 6 or more from January 2011, plus those of us who have to prepare the mail for the Part time workers we have to put in there D to D as well. Royal Mail scores again and we are shafted.
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
preparations?
sweet fa. all the dom has said is about getting del. supp.
sweet fa. all the dom has said is about getting del. supp.
'deal of the century' - dingo