ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by CharlesSpooner »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2022, 11:51
CharlesSpooner wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 23:15
You can't really expect people to put their lives on hold on the off-chance a parcel arrives at some point during a vague unspecified window from a now very unreliable and irregular delivery service.
Quite a few will have the option to get it delivered to their place of work. Another option would be to get it delivered to a relative you know will be in all day
And quite a few won't have the option to get it delivered to work and not everyone has relatives nearby who are in the house all day. I certainly don't but fortunately live in a house with an easy accessible safeplace down the side.

As frustrating as it is we can't blame customers for not being in their house all day, every day.
Splappy_McSplap
Posts: 236
Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Splappy_McSplap »

So if we assume 3 minutes per packet, and on day one I leave 4 cards, which means I have to take out 4 additional packets the next day, that is 12 minutes added on day two.

If 3 of those people aren't in on day two (because they are working the same hours they were on day one) and I leave another 3 cards that day, then on day three I now have 18 minutes additional work. If 4 of those 6 aren't in on day three and I leave another 5 cards that day, then, etc. etc.

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Gold Fox »

Yes, it looks that way !!!
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by postieblueshirt »

Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 01:21
So if we assume 3 minutes per packet, and on day one I leave 4 cards, which means I have to take out 4 additional packets the next day, that is 12 minutes added on day two.

If 3 of those people aren't in on day two (because they are working the same hours they were on day one) and I leave another 3 cards that day, then on day three I now have 18 minutes additional work. If 4 of those 6 aren't in on day three and I leave another 5 cards that day, then, etc. etc.

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
But you will have plenty of time to do it as all letters will disappear off the face of the earth soon were a parcel company now..
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by richietns »

Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 01:21
So if we assume 3 minutes per packet, and on day one I leave 4 cards, which means I have to take out 4 additional packets the next day, that is 12 minutes added on day two.

If 3 of those people aren't in on day two (because they are working the same hours they were on day one) and I leave another 3 cards that day, then on day three I now have 18 minutes additional work. If 4 of those 6 aren't in on day three and I leave another 5 cards that day, then, etc. etc.

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
What about two parcels for one house with two different names on them and the second day they still not in the customer will have four p739 cards for two parcels.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by sorefeet17 »

richietns wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 06:28
Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 01:21
So if we assume 3 minutes per packet, and on day one I leave 4 cards, which means I have to take out 4 additional packets the next day, that is 12 minutes added on day two.

If 3 of those people aren't in on day two (because they are working the same hours they were on day one) and I leave another 3 cards that day, then on day three I now have 18 minutes additional work. If 4 of those 6 aren't in on day three and I leave another 5 cards that day, then, etc. etc.

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
What about two parcels for one house with two different names on them and the second day they still not in the customer will have four p739 cards for two parcels.
I never write a p739 card for a re-delivery, I have already done it once, just scan no answer and go on my way. Also there will be people who will think they have more than one parcel if you put more cards in, I've never been questioned yet on doing it this way.
Splappy_McSplap
Posts: 236
Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Splappy_McSplap »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 11:17
I never write a p739 card for a re-delivery, I have already done it once, just scan no answer and go on my way. Also there will be people who will think they have more than one parcel if you put more cards in, I've never been questioned yet on doing it this way.
I usually just write "redelivery attempt number whatever" on the card for the redelivery.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Brandy »

This is just unbelievable! Call this a service? Will just make more work for the poor overworked postie :crazy: :crazy:
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 01:21
So if we assume 3 minutes per packet, and on day one I leave 4 cards, which means I have to take out 4 additional packets the next day, that is 12 minutes added on day two.

If 3 of those people aren't in on day two (because they are working the same hours they were on day one) and I leave another 3 cards that day, then on day three I now have 18 minutes additional work. If 4 of those 6 aren't in on day three and I leave another 5 cards that day, then, etc. etc.

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
Don’t forget your lapsing.
trev69
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by trev69 »

At least you will still have a job the CSP staff won’t !!!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16708
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by clashcityrocker »

Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2022, 01:21

It's just more time on the street that we already don't have.
Are you working in a hub?
If not you haven't factored in how much time you will save by no longer sorting or delivering oversized parcels which will be on dedicated parcel routes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by greengiant »

trev69 wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2022, 11:54
At least you will still have a job the CSP staff won’t !!!
As someone who works in the CSP due to health issues I'm dismayed I've still heard nothing officially about what's happening.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by General Mannerheim »

We had a sort of meeting that said our CSP would perhaps be going, but perhaps it might stay open as we are a large office but go down to 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon or 2 hours evening :roll: , but nothing has been decided yet, but we should all be aware some of us will lose our jobs, but not even a time frame or whether offered VR, Redundancy what type or if covered under the Equality Act ill health, in other words, they know f**k all really themselves.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by Gold Fox »

Our COM/DOM says more information in couple of weeks time.( medium and large DOs will have window open for few hours.
trev69
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: Callers Offices/Enquiry Offices to be closed down in January.

Post by trev69 »

Has anybody seen the list of the closed offices yet ?Or the the offices that are opening a few hours a day ?
Thanks