ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by ScousePostie »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Dom and a Lino going to see the customer??? That's typically good use of resources?,are they really going to make a thing of this?god I dispair at this company how they make a big thing of little things,all fine until something goes astray,and immediately it's the guy at the sharp end that gets it,do they simply think you didn't deliver it??
Hi, I was the original poster of this thread. Don't think DOM and Lino actually ever went out there. When I followed this up my Lino said the GPS clearly showed it being delivered on the doorstep. My colleague was in the van and backed me up. Lino said he would always trust his staff before customers and it was marked down as customer being in the wrong or words to that effect. To cut a long story short it didn't go against me as customer was clearly dodgy and trying it on.
I wish our DOM was like this. I had a complaint against me once where someone complained because I had apparently not knocked on the door. Customer said I just put a card straight through door. Told DOM that I had knocked there and tried several other neighbours. DOM referred me to workplace coach for coaching on knocking on doors. Workplace coach just said you know how to knock on a door. I said yes. That was the end of it. DOM always sides with customers, never questions them.
mw7485
Posts: 123
Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by mw7485 »

ScousePostie wrote:DOM referred me to workplace coach for coaching on knocking on doors.
:left: :chuckle

You couldn't make this stuff up!!!!
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by ScousePostie »

mw7485 wrote:
ScousePostie wrote:DOM referred me to workplace coach for coaching on knocking on doors.
:left: :chuckle

You couldn't make this stuff up!!!!
Exactly. And management are not willing to question the customer.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by Postie45 »

Dexydog wrote:Last week I had a (foreign) special delivery with an address and correct postcode for that address and no number on it.
Scanned and handed over on doorstep, I mentioned to customer they may like to let the sender know the correct and full address in future.
Day after, complaint of non receipt!!
The cynic in me says a deliberate and premeditated attempt by the recipient to deny receipt.
Definitely on the rise this problem, but what can you do?
no number = kill them off
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Customer saying they haven't received Tracked I delivered

Post by peshwaarinaan »

mw7485 wrote:
ScousePostie wrote:DOM referred me to workplace coach for coaching on knocking on doors.
:left: :chuckle

You couldn't make this stuff up!!!!
Oh my god, I've heard it all now! :shock: