ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kwf166
Posts: 279
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:03
Gender: Male
Location: Wouldn't you like to know

Post by kwf166 »

Why is when you put the letters through the door, customer decides to open the door and than slam the door, I mean if they are trying to find out who it is, it pretty obvious if you got letters on the floor, it must be the postman :confused or people who open the door, while you putting the mail through, this can be so annoying, when you got a bundle of mail in your hands :roll:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

Or those people with large letterbox plates but have only the smallest of gaps to put post through :mad
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Navy Bob
Posts: 32
Joined: 10 Oct 2007, 13:03

Post by Navy Bob »

Hmm what do customers do that annoy me..............Breathe :dance
dogfood
Posts: 388
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:16

Post by dogfood »

Those dosey bastards who shop online or QVC when they are never in to take parcels. Nothing pisses me of more than taking packets and parcels out only to bring the feckers back 5 hours later.
conmoy
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:44

Post by conmoy »

The moron who knocked on my van window to ask me where exactly at that moment in time where his postman (who was on a duty which is no where near mine) was because he wanted to speak to him.

because im obviously bound to know where every other postie is all the time :roll:

or people who put a note on their window saying that they have moved and can i just send their mail on to them. ehh no!!! pay for a redirection you idiot :evil/mad
clitheroesnumber1postie
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 16:23

Post by clitheroesnumber1postie »

I wouldnt know where to start with this one because there is so many different times where customers have annoyed me its unbelievable. I was at in the van last week and someone slammed the card (not a P739) regarding a payment at the office and started having a pop at me saying that it was my fault that there was a payment at the office saying I should of brought it. I was bitten last week by a dog and the bloke didnt even apologise saying that I shouldnt go near the house when the dog is out ( I was on the pavement about 50 yards from the house). I think the best one recently though is when I accidently posted a letter through number 10 and it was supposed to go to number 11.......3 hours later in the round about 5 miles from that house he gave it me back and said I had delivered it next door. The houses are terraced and I know I did wrong (human error) but surely it was easier just to take it next door or put it in the letter box which is between the houses. Strange!!!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clitheroesnumber1postie wrote: I think the best one recently though is when I accidently posted a letter through number 10 and it was supposed to go to number 11
Was that before Gordon moved across the street ?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clitheroesnumber1postie wrote: I think the best one recently though is when I accidently posted a letter through number 10 and it was supposed to go to number 11
Was that before Gordon moved across the street ?
coaster
Posts: 105
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 20:52

Post by coaster »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
clitheroesnumber1postie wrote: I think the best one recently though is when I accidently posted a letter through number 10 and it was supposed to go to number 11
Was that before Gordon moved across the street ?
:funneh
clitheroesnumber1postie
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 16:23

Post by clitheroesnumber1postie »

Ha Ha. Yes they go in up in ones its posh in the ribble valley pmsl
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Post by Bernardson »

The pensioner bloke who stand at the end of the street looking at his watch or walks half way down to stare at me! Weirdo!
Pensioners who have forgotten what it was like to work and think I am their personal servant whom must search through the mail for their damart catolouge.
People whom have housing benefit letters where the BMW sits on the drive way!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Post by Darren Bent »

People looking at their watch when they saw postman delivering to see if he/she is late. As far I am concerned I don't made an appointment.
majeed
Posts: 463
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40

Simple choice

Post by majeed »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Dozens of them when handed mail say "I hope it's not more bills" or "If they're bills you can keep them" and think it's really funny as if noone has ever said that to a postman before.
Sometimes I say, "Well, if you don't want bills, you know what to do, don't you?", to which they usually reply, "No?", to which I further reply, "Don't use any gas or electricity, the telephone, the television, eat any food or use any water - simple!"

I worry about a nation that loves to use things which they do not pay for. Perhaps Bevan got it wrong, afterall.
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
majeed
Posts: 463
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40

Reader's Digest and the "Parcel People"

Post by majeed »

DirtyHarry wrote:The sad sacks who get shite every single day, no let up, every single day, you'll go up their path, up to their door, every day, every single day, with an
armfull of shite, catalogues, brochures, more feckin catalogues, that shite with "IMPORTANT" stamped across it, telling the stupid buggers they've won a
zillion quid...But. And the tits who get packets every day, every single feckin day without fail, they've got packets, for the love of God, have a feckin day
off you twisted bleeders. :evil/mad

I have several of the above on my round. :roll: :evil/mad
I know what you mean about what I call, "the parcel people" - EVERY day: come on, guys - get a life! Get a life! And what about the "Reader's Digest" people: who honestly believes they're going to win anything? I don't know where RD gets all it's money from (or sense, for that matter) to keep sending that endless pile of junk to selected people's doors: you know for a knocking bet when you start sorting on a frame who the RD people are and that for sure, their slots will be chock a block in no time from the junk that RD sends to them - there's always two at least on every frame, God help us! What an utter waste!
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
majeed
Posts: 463
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40

Why oh why? Please God, tell me!

Post by majeed »

haveagojoe wrote:The one that gets me is a stupid woman on my walk who has great pleasure in letting her two dogs out as soon as she hears the mail drop through the letterbox, she must just love seeing me kick the little ba**ards.
Never mind that - why have dogs in the first place? They're just a damned nuisance - particularly from a postie's perspective: and half of them don't even bark until you're walking back down the garden path! Useless and irritating creatures! :cuppa
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime