Not adverse to that. My favourite pass-time while busy at work is sparked off by the one who says 'got anything for Number 2?' when out side number 102. I love the dramatic dropping of the current bundle onto the preferably wet pavement, the huge effort to swing my bag around off my back and the groveling grapple with the new bundle, snapping a few bands and swearing in mock pain under my breath. Always enjoy the final flourish by handing them the single d2d with the words 'no problem'. They only ask me once.Postman Plodd wrote: Plus you can also imagine the protracted debates as to why you cant 'just nip off your usual route, it'll only take you 5 minutes' to deliver to someone who cant wait at the other end of your walk.
Of course if I don't know them I just tell them to go away which is no fun.