ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
-
Fishyfingers
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
- Location: Highland
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I'm in the North of Scotland,not got any of the census yet i thought we were getting them the same time as south of the border,only 500 coming to my office getting split between 5 rural duties.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Anyone else seeing an unusual number of shops (without any residential side to them) get these damn things, considering its all about how many people will be staying in the property on the night of the 27th March?
One final day to go and as much as this has given RM (but not us delivering them) some extra money, cannot say I will be upset if this is all done electronically in ten years time, as my body feels worse than I remember things being at Xmas...
One final day to go and as much as this has given RM (but not us delivering them) some extra money, cannot say I will be upset if this is all done electronically in ten years time, as my body feels worse than I remember things being at Xmas...
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
had our forms today, but then again we have been told that we,ve got a week to deliver them so not too bad 
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Day 3 of the census week and i have yet to recieve a single one for my walk. Apparantly there are many yorks full in the loading bay just sitting there as the managers are waiting and hoping for a slow day to sort them. No wonder mail is down if this is how they treat MAJOR contracts. 
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Finished mine today
Awaiting whatever has been "held back" (Mailsort ?) tomorrow
Awaiting whatever has been "held back" (Mailsort ?) tomorrow
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
my office started delivering them on monday and finished them today.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Finished mine today
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
dittokrussel wrote:Finished mine today![]()
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
It aint good. Took half the smeggers out today and it wa harder than the censuschunk wrote:dittokrussel wrote:Finished mine today![]()
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
Trouble is you have 3/4 of my office coming in at 5.15am to catch up and then going out in their cars so what chance do you have
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I've done about 90% of my 5 d2d and its been a killer!krussel wrote:Finished mine today![]()
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Well, all my census forms AND all 5 d2ds for this week have been done - I know, I know 1/6th d2ds a day, but apparently my walk was easy enough for 33% + more than 33% census ( as I planned for before I got shifted ) Tuesday was light on mail as I anticipated, and though today was a bit heavier, at least it is all cleared, as I fully expect we will get royally humped with mail that was held back for the last 3 days
- and I hope my rest day cover appreciates the lack of d2ds on Friday 
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
Took about 50/60 today, didn't have room or time for anymore, left office at 11:30. Lad who's regular on that still has 5 more days to deliver the other 430.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
I did Census and Door To Door on the same day, best because both were to all houses.krussel wrote:Finished mine today![]()
But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
but its Wednesday...thevardinator wrote:Took about 50/60 today, didn't have room or time for anymore, left office at 11:30. Lad who's regular on that still has 5 more days to deliver the other 430.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread
east yorkshireDGP1 wrote:Are you in NI??glenfiddich wrote:ours came in monday 7th but we're not starting to deliver them till monday 14th then 3 days to do them can't quite nderstand why we can't start taking them now spread over 7 days it would be so much easier