
I agree there's always a lot of scaremongering going on in this business. As if we don't get enough stress on a daily basis.

I'd try not to worry too much about anything until RM, or the CWU, start to get
"Official" about it, otherwise we're all just a bunch of Fish Wives.. winding each other up. I'm sure half the management haven't got a Bloody Clue about what's happening, or how to organise it. I therefore feel it's way above my pay grade to start making sweeping suggestions about how this Business should be run (although I'll admit we are a "Discussion Forum").
I do feel that the one thing we should all bear in mind is how any of our "Suggestions" would effect our colleagues. We might like the idea of only working Mon-Fri but consider the ammount of Relief Posties that cover our days off. They'd lose their jobs if there wasn't any "Days Off"!

We also have to bear that not One Size fits all. There's a 1000 different Delivery Offices and no two Delivery Duties are the same. It amuses me that a lot of Posties still feel Hard Done by if they're asked to be out on Delivery for Longer than 3 1/2 Hours, and get quite upset if they're asked to actually work for their Full Contracted Hours.
The one thing I always bear in mind is that we all need to keep our jobs in the future, and sometimes things will need to change to enable that. Fair enough RM can't be allowed to take the piss, but we do need to accept some changes. Nothing remains the same forever!
