ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to get faster

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

How to get faster

Post by arnold cheshire »

rambo1 wrote:You don't say why you want to get quicker? Are you coming under pressure from manager or your working partner? If you feel your pace is ok, it's ok. Slower you are, more you get paid , obviously within reason, you gotta be minimum standards. Just chill. It's a long haul not a sprint. You will get no thanks for making mistakes.
Get complaints saying you didn't knock
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

How to get faster

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

norris9 wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:But any missed letters/parcels that are more than a few properties back on the loop, then mark "M/S" on them and bring them back to the office for the next day's delivery.
I sometimes bring back post as I am unsure which property it is/where it is....
Yeah, many of the posties do this. It's not the best practice but it would be foolish to spend so much time searching for an address, especially if the residents don't make it easy when their house numbers aren't visible enough or don't exist at all.
Am I supposed to write anything on the letters for homes I could not find?
Sometimes a neighbor maybe nearby (in the garden or parking their car in the driveway) and it's handy to ask them. Don't be embarrassed about doing so, just say that you're covering for the regular postie on that day and the duty isn't your usual one. I've had a lot of help with neighbors who're happy to provide it.

But if there's no luck with that, and if the address can't be found, then try again the next day with "M/S" on it. If you're absolutely sure the residential property doesn't exist, then you use the Return stickers to "kill off" the letter; marking the No Such Address reason.
Kill Stickers.jpg
Missorts are a pain, but they happen. Even I'm guilty of doing it when I bundle the mail from the frame. Occasionally I'll accidentally leave a letter or three in the frame and have to bundle it carefully again otherwise it's in the wrong order. Other posties doing the actual sorting already have the letters in the wrong order and I won't catch it when I bundle the mail. But if you believe you might have delivered a letter to a wrong address, go back and slip one of these P6543 cards in the mailbox. :wink:
Wrong Address Apology Card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.