ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

payrise insult.

Post by k979aaa »

here it is http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... irman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sorry for any inconvenience.
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

The only failed PHGs that I work with are usually disgruntled Postman that either failed the PHG aptitude test,sorting test or coding/MAA test.
That is the reason they don't get the reserve rights £20 payment every week.
I thought this petty jealousy would have ended by now as the grade has been defunct for around 16 years.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by aiden01 »

milly wrote:The only failed PHGs that I work with are usually disgruntled Postman that either failed the PHG aptitude test,sorting test or coding/MAA test.
That is the reason they don't get the reserve rights £20 payment every week.
I thought this petty jealousy would have ended by now as the grade has been defunct for around 16 years.
The grade may well be defunct but what I think angers a lot of people is that under the way forward agreement in 2000 Postie's were told that within 3 years we would all be on same pay grade. Alas 16 years later we are still far apart.
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:The only failed PHGs that I work with are usually disgruntled Postman that either failed the PHG aptitude test,sorting test or coding/MAA test.
That is the reason they don't get the reserve rights £20 payment every week.
I thought this petty jealousy would have ended by now as the grade has been defunct for around 16 years.
The grade may well be defunct but what I think angers a lot of people is that under the way forward agreement in 2000 Postie's were told that within 3 years we would all be on same pay grade. Alas 16 years later we are still far apart.
Apart from the £20 reserve rights I believe we are on the same basic pay and overtime rates as everyone else.
I can't see how it angers many people as most people I now work with started after the grade finished.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by aiden01 »

milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:The only failed PHGs that I work with are usually disgruntled Postman that either failed the PHG aptitude test,sorting test or coding/MAA test.
That is the reason they don't get the reserve rights £20 payment every week.
I thought this petty jealousy would have ended by now as the grade has been defunct for around 16 years.
The grade may well be defunct but what I think angers a lot of people is that under the way forward agreement in 2000 Postie's were told that within 3 years we would all be on same pay grade. Alas 16 years later we are still far apart.
Apart from the £20 reserve rights I believe we are on the same basic pay and overtime rates as everyone else.
I can't see how it angers many people as most people I now work with started after the grade finished.
Well most of people I know started before grade was made defunct. Example over 20 years service and still not in top 250 on seniority.
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:The only failed PHGs that I work with are usually disgruntled Postman that either failed the PHG aptitude test,sorting test or coding/MAA test.
That is the reason they don't get the reserve rights £20 payment every week.
I thought this petty jealousy would have ended by now as the grade has been defunct for around 16 years.
The grade may well be defunct but what I think angers a lot of people is that under the way forward agreement in 2000 Postie's were told that within 3 years we would all be on same pay grade. Alas 16 years later we are still far apart.
Apart from the £20 reserve rights I believe we are on the same basic pay and overtime rates as everyone else.
I can't see how it angers many people as most people I now work with started after the grade finished.
Well most of people I know started before grade was made defunct. Example over 20 years service and still not in top 250 on seniority.
If that is the case,most of them could have applied to be PHGs then.
We have people who used to work for CASHCO in our office and they are the highest paid OPGs in our office.
The union got them a good deal and I say good luck to them!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by aiden01 »

Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

aiden01 wrote:Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
We are paid the same.
The Union got us a deal where we get £20 a week in perpetuity for the loss of our grade.
I don't really care what allowances other people get paid and nor should you.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by aiden01 »

milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
We are paid the same.
The Union got us a deal where we get £20 a week in perpetuity for the loss of our grade.
I don't really care what allowances other people get paid and nor should you.
I don't but you seem to misunderstand that under the wtf the CWU made the agreement that we would all be paid the same within 3years nowone that I know of has caught up with an ex-phg wages. AND 16 yes later we are still not.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by Martin Walsh »

aiden01 wrote:Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
It was never agreed in the Way Forward everyone would be all paid the same. The pay restructuring agreement under the way forward allowed for Existing PHGs to continue to receive the then differential of £20 on a reserved rights basis as in the same way as it did for drivers who had previously received the driving allowance they were given the £6 per week on a reserved rights basis. There was even a guarantee underpinning payment for those who lost out.
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
We are paid the same.
The Union got us a deal where we get £20 a week in perpetuity for the loss of our grade.
I don't really care what allowances other people get paid and nor should you.
I don't but you seem to misunderstand that under the wtf the CWU made the agreement that we would all be paid the same within 3years nowone that I know of has caught up with an ex-phg wages. AND 16 yes later we are still not.
The agreement was that our basic pay was frozen until the Postman caught up which is what happened.
If remember correctly we never had a pay rise for 3 or 4 years on our basic pay and overtime.
The £20 per week was negotiated as compensation for the loss of our grade as the PHG grade was a promotion.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by aiden01 »

milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
milly wrote:
aiden01 wrote:Agree the union got them a good deal but you have,nt answered why after sixteen years they still get £20 more when it was agreed in 2000 under twf we would all be paid same within 3 years.
We are paid the same.
The Union got us a deal where we get £20 a week in perpetuity for the loss of our grade.
I don't really care what allowances other people get paid and nor should you.
I don't but you seem to misunderstand that under the wtf the CWU made the agreement that we would all be paid the same within 3years nowone that I know of has caught up with an ex-phg wages. AND 16 yes later we are still not.
The agreement was that our basic pay was frozen until the Postman caught up which is what happened.
If remember correctly we never had a pay rise for 3 or 4 years on our basic pay and overtime.
The £20 per week was negotiated as compensation for the loss of our grade as the PHG grade was a promotion.
Well what can isay :oops: will relate this to all in our office especially the rep who is supposed to be clued up on all of this thank you we can only relate to what we are being advised
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by motherhubbard »

dingo wrote: Royal Mail have confirmed they will make an open offer today or tomorrow.
So did they?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
mark.cup
Posts: 303
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by mark.cup »

k979aaa wrote:
mark.cup wrote:When people start saying things like keyboard warrior in response makes you think keep it to yourself or maybe call them the same for their different opinion but that would be childish?

We all work for the same company and surely it's better to have a bit of debate on here life would be boring if we all thought the same no offence meant to anyone
When being called a failed PHG a keyboard warrior is a compliment withdraw your comment and I will do with that comment I made of you!

I was talking about a specific person related to my own office the person was labelled a failed PHG by the decent ones we had who had to clear up his mess after him...

Was in no way saying you or any other ex PHG was a failed one I don't know you or them so my remark was taken out of context sorry again if it sounded like I was attacking all previous PHG's I wasn't :thumbup
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by k979aaa »

mark.cup wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
mark.cup wrote:When people start saying things like keyboard warrior in response makes you think keep it to yourself or maybe call them the same for their different opinion but that would be childish?

We all work for the same company and surely it's better to have a bit of debate on here life would be boring if we all thought the same no offence meant to anyone
When being called a failed PHG a keyboard warrior is a compliment withdraw your comment and I will do with that comment I made of you!

I was talking about a specific person related to my own office the person was labelled a failed PHG by the decent ones we had who had to clear up his mess after him...

Was in no way saying you or any other ex PHG was a failed one I don't know you or them so my remark was taken out of context sorry again if it sounded like I was attacking all previous PHG's I wasn't :thumbup
That is all I was asking for I will retract the keyboard warrior comment I made earlier sorry for any offence hope we can get along just fine now. :Applause :Very Happy