ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by aiden01 »

DGP1 wrote:I took great delight in leaving P739s for people today.........sod the people who order stuff and don't bother their arses being in or worse, not getting out of bed............that's the only joy I've got out of RM this year :Very Happy
full of the Christmas spirit then :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:I took great delight in leaving P739s for people today.........sod the people who order stuff and don't bother their arses being in or worse, not getting out of bed............that's the only joy I've got out of RM this year :Very Happy
You wicked man, poor little Charlie is not going to get his toys and Charlies mum is not going to get the toy she sent for either. :chuckle
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by arnold cheshire »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I took great delight in leaving P739s for people today.........sod the people who order stuff and don't bother their arses being in or worse, not getting out of bed............that's the only joy I've got out of RM this year :Very Happy
You wicked man, poor little Charlie is not going to get his toys and Charlies mum is not going to get the toy she sent for either. :chuckle
Well they should have ordered earlier and if not waited in after all charlie is on school holidays :left:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by aiden01 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I took great delight in leaving P739s for people today.........sod the people who order stuff and don't bother their arses being in or worse, not getting out of bed............that's the only joy I've got out of RM this year :Very Happy
You wicked man, poor little Charlie is not going to get his toys and Charlies mum is not going to get the toy she sent for either. :chuckle
hope you mean buzz ... lightyear for his mum :Very Happy
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Chelseablue »

What bout the customers who you help all year round , there special safe place . Near every day saving them a trip and petrol and yet not a bean or thanks at Xmas. Well they will be making that long trip from now on .
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Barbel »

Boxing day and I can't even enjoy it or have a drink because we have to go in tomorrow. :cry
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Barbel wrote:Boxing day and I can't even enjoy it or have a drink because we have to go in tomorrow. :cry
Of course you can, just not too many drinks. :nana :nana "Moderation is true temperance" :Very Happy
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Barbel »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Barbel wrote:Boxing day and I can't even enjoy it or have a drink because we have to go in tomorrow. :cry
Of course you can, just not too many drinks. :nana :nana "Moderation is true temperance" :Very Happy
I don't do moderation, it's all or nothing with me. :Very Happy
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Barbel wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Barbel wrote:Boxing day and I can't even enjoy it or have a drink because we have to go in tomorrow. :cry
Of course you can, just not too many drinks. :nana :nana "Moderation is true temperance" :Very Happy
I don't do moderation, it's all or nothing with me. :Very Happy
Now you're talking ! :nana :nana :nana :shock:
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Barbel »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Barbel wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Barbel wrote:Boxing day and I can't even enjoy it or have a drink because we have to go in tomorrow. :cry
Of course you can, just not too many drinks. :nana :nana "Moderation is true temperance" :Very Happy
I don't do moderation, it's all or nothing with me. :Very Happy
Now you're talking ! :nana :nana :nana :shock:

Making up for it tonight though! :nana :nana :nana
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by royalmailslave »

Absolutely ....I just cannot never get into the Christmas spirit....my wife passing comment on how miserable I look/am and she's right ....I'm physically drained at Christmas time beyond the point where it becomes enjoyable .....I have grown to loath the job I loved...and have zero interest whatsoever in it anymore
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by aiden01 »

royalmailslave wrote:Absolutely ....I just cannot never get into the Christmas spirit....my wife passing comment on how miserable I look/am and she's right ....I'm physically drained at Christmas time beyond the point where it becomes enjoyable .....I have grown to loath the job I loved...and have zero interest whatsoever in it anymore
hav,nt we all :sad: :sad:
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by Chelseablue »

Think of Vince cables cute little face that'll help ya
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by piranha »

Yes I used to enjoy Xmas before working for this joke of a company
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Do you think working for RM kills the joy of Christmas

Post by baldrick »

That's a lot more than I have after 32 years service. :sad: