ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by wabbithunta »

greengiant wrote:Well, here are my ~ 5 week old Anvil Tractions starting to show a nice bit of wear on the outer edge of the soles. I'm only doing about 5 and a half miles on my round, pushing an HCT. Can't see them lasting beyond 6 months! :roll:
Well, they'll be no good to me then as I walk about 10-12 miles per day on my delivery so if that's the result of five weeks of walking on your delivery doing 5 and a half miles......! :shock:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by axeman »

C'mon guys they have been tested ...... around a carpeted office they must be o.k ......... :d'oh!
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by Brain Fury »

axeman wrote:C'mon guys they have been tested ...... around a carpeted office they must be o.k ......... :d'oh!
5000 postmen walking round a carpeted office. Must have been a tight squeeze.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by arnold cheshire »

Brain Fury wrote:
axeman wrote:C'mon guys they have been tested ...... around a carpeted office they must be o.k ......... :d'oh!
5000 postmen walking round a carpeted office. Must have been a tight squeeze.
it doesnt matter what they said it would be ignored im going sports direct now to buy some anvils :left:
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by wabbithunta »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
axeman wrote:C'mon guys they have been tested ...... around a carpeted office they must be o.k ......... :d'oh!
5000 postmen walking round a carpeted office. Must have been a tight squeeze.
it doesnt matter what they said it would be ignored im going sports direct now to buy some anvils :left:


Yeah, they last longer on carpet, especially a thick plush one with great underlay
SPINX THICK CARPET 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by BexyB9 »

My DOM ordered the Anvils for me when I started with RM in April but they really hurt my feet, and made the front of my legs ache. I had to take them off half way through my walk and change into my own shoes on several occasions. I then ordered the YDS ones and I found those to be sooo comfy. I think it's because they are a bit wider. Shame really because I think the Anvils look nicer.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by monkeymutha »

Fell in my anville for second time. That's two times in about three months I've fallen. Not on wet wood either which beforehand was all I ever fell on. Imo they are a lot worse than the cats, this time suffered cut knee and pulled two muscles as did the splits. Of course recorded as accident on delivery.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by Brain Fury »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
axeman wrote:C'mon guys they have been tested ...... around a carpeted office they must be o.k ......... :d'oh!
5000 postmen walking round a carpeted office. Must have been a tight squeeze.
it doesnt matter what they said it would be ignored im going sports direct now to buy some anvils :left:
They said they liked them more than the CATS. How was that ignored?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by spiderj »

Is why I got doc line and now wear everything from vibram soled trespass boots to regatta hikers,RM shall pay towards from time to time but I decided I'll be safe and comfy rather than suffer anymore,.
I won
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by greengiant »

I don't think there is much life left in my Anvil Tractions - already i'm starting to see the subsole on one edge :shock: Not even 6 months old, and I'm only doing 5 and a half miles a day on my hct round! :roll:
:Boo hoo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by datasaint »

greengiant wrote:I don't think there is much life left in my Anvil Tractions - already i'm starting to see the subsole on one edge :shock: Not even 6 months old, and I'm only doing 5 and a half miles a day on my hct round! :roll:
:Boo hoo!
My YDS shoes were done after 10 weeks, that was with a lot of OT. When the front goes flat they get uncomfortable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by greengiant »

norm wrote:
greengiant wrote:I don't think there is much life left in my Anvil Tractions - already i'm starting to see the subsole on one edge :shock: Not even 6 months old, and I'm only doing 5 and a half miles a day on my hct round! :roll:
:Boo hoo!
My YDS shoes were done after 10 weeks, that was with a lot of OT. When the front goes flat they get uncomfortable.
How about a cut and shut? I'll give you the fronts of my anvils, and I'll take the rear of your YDS? :wink:

I've had a look on the dimentions website, the size 13 anvils are sold out.... Will have to see what my lino says when I ask him, cap in hand, for a new pair of footwear! :pray
chuzzwuzzer
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

How is it some people have a nicer streamlined version that actually resembles a trainer which has a reflective stripe on ther back heel and i end up with these f***ing clumsy anvil tugboats ? Do you have to request one or the other or is it a lottery ?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by greengiant »

Got my new trainers today, YDS in size 13! Hopefully these will last a little longer!
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Pics of new Anvil Traction footwear

Post by Thunderthighs »

The sole doesnt look grippy on the Anvils, for rural areas. Why aren't Magnums no longer used...to save money no doubt???