ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by Mike1 »

fishtank wrote:
2pints wrote:there are 2 different people in life,people who get on with it and people who moan.I have always got on with it.
There are millions of different people in the world,don't try to stick them all in two boxes.
There are also people who moan and get on with it and people who don't moan and don't get on with it,there are also people who take s**t and blame everybody else or the economy or anything else except themselves and there are people who just don't take any s**t.
There are also people who keep their heads down and won't help a colleague who's being bullied because as long as they are ok they don't care and there are people who talk a lot but do nothing.
There are people who will make personal sacrifices to protect the job for everyone and there are people who would rather others made the sacrifice while they "got on with it".

I suppose it matters what your definition of moaning and your definition of getting on with it really is.
If you're hiding behind either because you lack the courage to stand up for yourself or others then it's nothing to be proud of in my opinion.
I think he made a great point and I'm not sure why you would suggest or hint that he lacked courage. Some people have negative energy and want to offload it onto others. Maybe the posters telling the OP not to bother joining RM should apply for a job at their local Sainsburys.

If I wasn't happy in my job then I'd leave. End of.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by dvbuk55 »

Mike1 wrote:If I wasn't happy in my job then I'd leave. End of.
Fine if you have multiple talents to offer a new employer - if not, it's nose to the grindstone.
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by Mike1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Mike1 wrote:If I wasn't happy in my job then I'd leave. End of.
Fine if you have multiple talents to offer a new employer - if not, it's nose to the grindstone.
I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.

Go learn a trade and work for yourself if you hate your boss or company.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by fishtank »

Mike1 wrote:I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.
What went wrong or did you just fancy the uniform?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: ......

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mike1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Mike1 wrote:If I wasn't happy in my job then I'd leave. End of.
Fine if you have multiple talents to offer a new employer - if not, it's nose to the grindstone.
I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.

Go learn a trade and work for yourself if you hate your boss or company.
As a business owner isn't that a cop out, or in the worst cases an excuse to bully people out the door. Any business, large or small should at least try to understand why people "hate" the company, you never know it may improve the bottom line.

Also just because people moan about certain aspects of their job does not mean they hate it. I have been honest being a Postie is the best job I have ever had, yet I still complain about some parts of it. Nothing is perfect and no-one should rest on their laurels and blame discontent on the work force, or even the business. Both sides should always try to improve what's wrong, and RMC hopefully goes a little way to that.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by Mike1 »

fishtank wrote:
Mike1 wrote:I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.
What went wrong or did you just fancy the uniform?
LOL. There you go again, negative attitude

My wife wanted me to chill out as I was working 12 hour days 6 days per week for many years and we didn't need the money anymore. I'm a marathon runner so the idea of working in an active no stress job appealed to me regardless of money and I'm happy right now with my job at RM.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 02 Nov 2013, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: abusive term removed
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: ......

Post by cloherty1976 »

Mike1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Mike1 wrote:I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.
What went wrong or did you just fancy the uniform?
LOL. There you go again, negative attitude

My wife wanted me to chill out as I was working 12 hour days 6 days per week for many years and we didn't need the money anymore. I'm a marathon runner so the idea of working in an active no stress job appealed to me regardless of money and I'm happy right now with my job at RM.
You get knocked on here for working hard and if you earn or have earned a good wage well It's not possible..
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 02 Nov 2013, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoted abusive term removed
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by dvbuk55 »

Mike1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Mike1 wrote:I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.
What went wrong or did you just fancy the uniform?
LOL. There you go again, negative attitude

My wife wanted me to chill out as I was working 12 hour days 6 days per week for many years and we didn't need the money anymore. I'm a marathon runner so the idea of working in an active no stress job appealed to me regardless of money and I'm happy right now with my job at RM.
Ah yes. She who must be obeyed certainly cramps the style but money doesn't last. I take it that sort of language was common place in the property repair business; quite a nebulous description that, often seen on that programme with Dom Littlewood :cuppa
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 02 Nov 2013, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoted abusive term removed
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by dvbuk55 »

cloherty1976 wrote:You get knocked on here for working hard and if you earn or have earned a good wage well It's not possible..
Which one isn't possible cloherty working hard or earning good money or both. Of course it helps if you have a particular skill or training for one :cuppa
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by star2010 »

You lot are getting emotional. its only a job. there is negative people all over this world not just royal mail :shhhhh
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by dvbuk55 »

star2010 wrote:You lot are getting emotional. its only a job. there is negative people all over this world not just royal mail :shhhhh
See already you're getting into the spirit of RM, it's a soldiers right to complain - it's natural because if our working lives was perfect what a boring existence that would be................................you'll be ok, it's a doddle.
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by star2010 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
star2010 wrote:You lot are getting emotional. its only a job. there is negative people all over this world not just royal mail :shhhhh
See already you're getting into the spirit of RM, it's a soldiers right to complain - it's natural because if our working lives was perfect what a boring existence that would be................................you'll be ok, it's a doddle.
mate thats what every1 is fighting for isn't it? a perfect working life? i want this we want that all trying to make it perfect but it wont ever happen..... :hmmmm
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by fishtank »

star2010 wrote:mate thats what every1 is fighting for isn't it? a perfect working life? i want this we want that all trying to make it perfect but it wont ever happen..... :hmmmm
No.
We are fighting(and moaning sometimes) to hold onto what little we have left.
It's important to fight for what you have because there are no free lunches in life and nothing gets handed to you on a plate.
Those that say be grateful for what you have always have more than you do,It's no coincidence.

Enjoy the job it's a serious laugh,roll with the punches and don't be afraid to hit back.
You only get one chance at life and being a doormat just means people wipe s**t on your face all day.
You don't want to be that guy.

Swinging chain-warm seat.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DICK43
Posts: 68
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:58
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by DICK43 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
DICK43 wrote:Honestly, stay where you are!, this job is hell, we are shouted at by our DOM, ridiculed and made to feel like children, we are told we can`t talk or move around the office, we have a porter that constantly brings mail to us, i have to completely prep two walks with door 2 doors + throw in sequenced and door 2 door`s for a part time walk all in the first three hours, that's before we even get near delivery which takes five hours on most days, I don`t eat any lunch- a) because it comes back up and gives me terrible indigestion and b) there is no time, if I ask if I can book my 40 mins at the end I have to get into a heated debate and lets not even mention waking up at stupid hours on my day off because of my body clock being screwed.....god, I could go on but I`m starting to depress myself... :arrrghhh
Why are you working 8 hours+ without a break? You need to stand up for yourself and take one.


If you think I`m weak you should check out my delivery partner!, the guy`s face has physically aged within one month! and because he has realized that our DOM isn't going to pay him if he goes over (which is inevitable), he`s packing his pouches and belting around his loops like pissed off rhino, I feel like a bit of driftwood caught in the tide!!, he even offered to smack me up because I said sod it I`m going for a five minute ciggy instead of loading the van!!!. not sure if this is falls under moaning.. :cry
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: ......

Post by Mike1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Mike1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Mike1 wrote:If I wasn't happy in my job then I'd leave. End of.
Fine if you have multiple talents to offer a new employer - if not, it's nose to the grindstone.
I had my own property maintenance business up until last year and just paid off my mortgage, so I know what hard work is all about.

Go learn a trade and work for yourself if you hate your boss or company.
As a business owner isn't that a cop out, or in the worst cases an excuse to bully people out the door. Any business, large or small should at least try to understand why people "hate" the company, you never know it may improve the bottom line.

Also just because people moan about certain aspects of their job does not mean they hate it. I have been honest being a Postie is the best job I have ever had, yet I still complain about some parts of it. Nothing is perfect and no-one should rest on their laurels and blame discontent on the work force, or even the business. Both sides should always try to improve what's wrong, and RMC hopefully goes a little way to that.

I worked for myself and had 3/4 people working for me depending on how busy I was, so it wasn't a big business. Prior to learning some skills, I had loads of shitty jobs including washing dishes and cleaning hospital wards etc.

You seem like a reasonable bloke and obviously put a lot of effort into this website. However, the OP is a bit stressed out because of a lot of negative posts about the job (his original "angry" title) and I think it's good that others have stated that it isn't that bad a job and been encouraging.

I see you edited my last post regarding fishtank...I guess you are mates. I have only tried to give helpful info to the OP on this thread.