ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
worried
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: worried
our office in South Ayrshire expect to have Zero strike breakers on Monday and our work place will be picketed as the boys know what is at stake here 
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: worried
Godric wrote:our office in South Ayrshire expect to have Zero strike breakers on Monday and our work place will be picketed as the boys know what is at stake here
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
No it isn't.banner18 wrote: As to the legality of it I cite the Xmas bonus which is paid by the very same principle.
Eligibility for the Christmas bonus is linked not to Industrial Action but to paid employment over the four week Christmas pressure period,any type of unpaid leave reduces the amount,Industrial Action is simply treated as another form of unpaid leave.
If you're going to cite something as "the very same principle" make sure it's at least vaguely similar.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
Mike1 wrote:I'm P/T and only been with RM 10 months, so the strike isn't anything to do with me. I work in a small DO and the strike hasn't been mentioned at all and most aren't even in the union. I guess it will be pretty much business as usual for us on Monday.
I've heard a few stories from the old timers saying what a great job it once was...but this is 2013. It's time to get real...being a postie is an unskilled job and there will be plenty of other people willing to take your place at a lower wage.
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: worried
You only have to look at TNT to see why every CWU member should be out on Monday.
£7.10p per hour and that's for Central London !!!
Zero hour contracts - that means you would go in on a quiet day and the manager would say sorry I only need 20 staff today.How long before someone says I will work for less Boss ?
No sick pay deal like RM
Little workplace representation.
Etc. Etc.
That's the reality of 2013 if posties don't fight for what previous generations did for them.
If that's what people really want I suggest they cross the picket line on Monday .It beggars belief that someone thinks that they should be paid less.

£7.10p per hour and that's for Central London !!!
Zero hour contracts - that means you would go in on a quiet day and the manager would say sorry I only need 20 staff today.How long before someone says I will work for less Boss ?
No sick pay deal like RM
Little workplace representation.
Etc. Etc.
That's the reality of 2013 if posties don't fight for what previous generations did for them.
If that's what people really want I suggest they cross the picket line on Monday .It beggars belief that someone thinks that they should be paid less.
-
banner18
- Posts: 636
- Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
fishtank wrote:No it isn't.banner18 wrote: As to the legality of it I cite the Xmas bonus which is paid by the very same principle.
Eligibility for the Christmas bonus is linked not to Industrial Action but to paid employment over the four week Christmas pressure period,any type of unpaid leave reduces the amount,Industrial Action is simply treated as another form of unpaid leave.
If you're going to cite something as "the very same principle" make sure it's at least vaguely similar.
It will be linked to paid employment for that day only, that is how they will get around it. It is semantics to suggest they are any different. I'm not agreeing with the tactic, just looking at the logic. Royal Mail could, at any point specify any date it wanted and say that any staff attending that date will get £500 extra, it is still linked to employment and discriminates only against those not working. Just because there is a strike on that particular day doesn't change it even though it is a dirty tactic.