But I'm fairly sure I've already said 'no' to having holiday in the interview/application stage! It's 10 days off I'd need in total. Means getting off to a bad start, by having my induction day then pissing off for a couple of weeksRedBagMan wrote:Don't turn it down - tell 'em you've got a week's pre-booked holiday ...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
-
wannabe
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
- Gender: Male
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
It would take a couple of months to earn £1600 on RM wages ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
wannabe wrote:take part in a clinical trial and get £1600
Jesus what are they going to inject into you for that wedge of cash
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wannabe
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
- Gender: Male
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
A couple of months I don't really haveRedBagMan wrote:It would take a couple of months to earn £1600 on RM wages ...
It's to test a drug with the potential to treat severe bacterial infections. It's perfectly safe... probably
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
Err like as in "THRUSH".wannabe wrote:severe bacterial infections
Sooner you than me buddy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
rather you than me......remember these...?wannabe wrote:Funnily enough I'm in exactly the same position. Wasted a huge chunk of my gap year trying and failing to find work (had 2x 3 week temp positions, one at Royal Mail - hoped that would become permanent as I knew someone, but alas...), now I've been offered a job at RM, but the hours per week make it barely worthwhile - there's not enough time left for me to earn anything substantial and make a use of the next 6 months. The pay is much higher than yours though, £8/hr. How old are you? £4.92 is well under minimum wage for an 18-year-old.muffingg wrote:I would do that, but I'm currently so desperate for a job really. I've been looking for one for 5 months and this is only my second interview ever. (The first one didn't hear back since) So I'm kinda desperate because of so much failure. I would really do almost anything now to not waste the rest of my gap year and to earn some ££sheff postie wrote:That why you are only getting 4.92 per hour our pay is much higher than that if you want the job try and get it without the agaency, although it might be good for you to say you have already worked at RM with an agency when you apply.
I've got a whole new dilemma now as I may be able to take part in a clinical trial and get £1600 for a week's 'work', but it means turning down the job and starting the jobhunt all over again...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4808836.stm
-
wannabe
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 14 Feb 2011, 20:41
- Gender: Male
Re: What's it like to work as a Royal mail postman?
Yes, I remember them; I also happen to know that hundreds of trials are conducted every year that DON'T end like thatinternetguy wrote:rather you than me......remember these...?wannabe wrote:Funnily enough I'm in exactly the same position. Wasted a huge chunk of my gap year trying and failing to find work (had 2x 3 week temp positions, one at Royal Mail - hoped that would become permanent as I knew someone, but alas...), now I've been offered a job at RM, but the hours per week make it barely worthwhile - there's not enough time left for me to earn anything substantial and make a use of the next 6 months. The pay is much higher than yours though, £8/hr. How old are you? £4.92 is well under minimum wage for an 18-year-old.muffingg wrote:I would do that, but I'm currently so desperate for a job really. I've been looking for one for 5 months and this is only my second interview ever. (The first one didn't hear back since) So I'm kinda desperate because of so much failure. I would really do almost anything now to not waste the rest of my gap year and to earn some ££sheff postie wrote:That why you are only getting 4.92 per hour our pay is much higher than that if you want the job try and get it without the agaency, although it might be good for you to say you have already worked at RM with an agency when you apply.
I've got a whole new dilemma now as I may be able to take part in a clinical trial and get £1600 for a week's 'work', but it means turning down the job and starting the jobhunt all over again...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4808836.stm