ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
-
I-POSTIE
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Yes, I have to agree there is no intensive to do a decent job any more. When one is treated unfairly, only be there when you have to, never volunteer, watch the clock for every break and never work a minute more.
http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/features ... efault.php
http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/features ... efault.php
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
My God that took some time going through but cheers Ricky
May I suggest putting it as a stickie for easy future reference
May I suggest putting it as a stickie for easy future reference
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
smileski
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Where is this from ricky?
Is it avaliable to download somewhere?
cheers.
Is it avaliable to download somewhere?
cheers.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
you can send it to mine if you want trueblueterrierrmc@gmail.comRicky Bruch wrote: If one of the mods wants to email me I can forward the zip file to them
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Is there still no agreed prep rates yet for d2d didn't see any mention of this in Rickys post
How are reps supposed to know how d2d is to be put into workload and discuss time allocated in SI meetings if there is no agreed standard to go off.
How are reps supposed to know how d2d is to be put into workload and discuss time allocated in SI meetings if there is no agreed standard to go off.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
gb93 wrote:Is there still no agreed prep rates yet for d2d didn't see any mention of this in Rickys post
How are reps supposed to know how d2d is to be put into workload and discuss time allocated in SI meetings if there is no agreed standard to go off.
It's a smokescreen.
A document of many words that says nothing.
I preferred the withdrawn document.
• Whilst D2D volumes are likely to increase this could be offset by declining volumes of addressed mail.
Says it all really.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
I'm sure the original idea was for the 5th D2D to be in September but it seems to have jumped forward to July now and the 4th lot commencing on 7th June - lets hope they have managed to sort out the pay structure, my last understanding was that they were having difficulty in identifying the delivery staff entitled to it - but hey lets press ahead anyway.
By the look of it there will be no HCTs or CDVs until the 6th issue and beyond is reached - but I don't know I only glanced over it yesterday and in truth it isn't worth the read really.
By the look of it there will be no HCTs or CDVs until the 6th issue and beyond is reached - but I don't know I only glanced over it yesterday and in truth it isn't worth the read really.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
''The current throughputs associated with the delivery preparation of D2D are considered to be interim'' ?
Is that the agreed prep rate for D2D
Crystal Clear ?
I could be wrong or just a little too thick to understand.
But not too thick to know that Doms WONT say D2D have allways been in workload in this office so no extra time is needed
Or they WONT say there is sufficient slack time in office to absorb 4-5 D2D in current hours
Is that the agreed prep rate for D2D
I could be wrong or just a little too thick to understand.
But not too thick to know that Doms WONT say D2D have allways been in workload in this office so no extra time is needed
Or they WONT say there is sufficient slack time in office to absorb 4-5 D2D in current hours
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
• Enlist the support of your CWU rep to reinforce the message that D2D is not optional.
New relationship maybe?
If a member approaches the rep and asks for advice.....fine.
If a manager marches the rep around to someones frame to "reinforce the message".....wrong on so many levels.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
fishtank wrote:• Enlist the support of your CWU rep to reinforce the message that D2D is not optional.
New relationship maybe?
If a member approaches the rep and asks for advice.....fine.
If a manager marches the rep around to someones frame to "reinforce the message".....wrong on so many levels.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
You want nice girl? She love you long time - for a price - and at the moment it is £20.60, pro-rata - now there is a very good question about the relationship between a long time and a short time, I just wonder...........................................DGP1 wrote:fishtank wrote:• Enlist the support of your CWU rep to reinforce the message that D2D is not optional.
New relationship maybe?
If a member approaches the rep and asks for advice.....fine.
If a manager marches the rep around to someones frame to "reinforce the message".....wrong on so many levels.![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Got it - as promised I will make sure all identifying features are removed. I will post all documents in a special Downloads section tomorrow. Afraid I cannot email the documents to those requesting, Please download them from the links I will provide. TaRicky Bruch wrote:On its wayTrueBlueTerrier wrote:you can send it to mine if you want trueblueterrierrmc@gmail.com
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dongash
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 14:11
- Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
our boss said we will be still keeping the 7.5 hour monday and tuesdays.......... plus still lapsing!!! totally off his (or should i say his managers) head!!!! he's to scared to tell his manager it won't work.
our boss has even suggested throwing ALL the door to doors in on a monday !!!!!!!! he was also quick to say "leaving d2d's where you are not going, is not an option now".

-
robbiet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 31 May 2010, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
Lapsing One walk out of nine walks in our office everyday and our manager is told to get rid of 40 more hours a week. Our mail arrives at 5 in the morning but we are starting at half 6 and the union rep wont come over as he has 'bigger' fish to fry in other offices! We are told that the D2D's will come in one envelope!? Believe it when i see it!
I love my job
I love my job
-
guvenor
- Posts: 493
- Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58
Re: D2D on 7th June - what preparations in your office?
we were told it doesn,t matter what time u leave office to start delivery mail volumes will dictate how long every thing should take 