ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

This job is killing me

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
polar bear
Posts: 33
Joined: 31 May 2012, 13:06
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by polar bear »

CPTNemoUK wrote:I thought I liked the job. But after being off for 2 months I'm dreading going back in. I don't feel tired no more I've got a better relationship with my son because I want falling asleep. I just feel healthier and happier. When I do finally go back I'll be doing no more rushing about and taking it easier.
If I took it easy and never rushed I wouldn’t have finished my duty. Had to basically run around.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Postie45 »

all this and you know RM want to extend the outdoor element eventually whilst streamlining indoor
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

This job is killing me

Post by Irishmisst »

You really need some bloods doing as you sound like your Low in things such as iron and vitamin c
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Mick100 »

Hate the job with a passion been a postman over20 years legs aching like I've run a marathon cut off most days so does my cover duty so it's not just the fact that I'm useless 57 years old gonna give it another year or two then goodbye and good riddance
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

This job is killing me

Post by Interested-seeker »

Try some magnesium tablets and floradix. Might help? :)
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

This job is killing me

Post by norris9 »

I am the original poster of this thread.....and I think I have now possibly reached a point where my body is getting used to the job. I changed to my own trainers about 5 weeks ago, they are lighter and more comfortable. I also had a week off which possibly also helped in some recovery...(in the past having a week off didn't make a difference to how exhausted I felt).

I still have aches and pains, but both my legs from top to bottom used to feel like every muscle fibre in them was torn and would never repair day after day so I'd always have achy legs.
Hitcher
Posts: 1534
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Hitcher »

Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes off your body.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

This job is killing me

Post by twoloops »

Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes off your body.

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
Hitcher
Posts: 1534
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Hitcher »

twoloops wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes off your body.

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
I find it a piece of cake. Tip and go - gravity and inertia does the rest. Let go to stop.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by SpacePhoenix »

twoloops wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes off your body.

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
If you injure yourself and your walk is meant to use a trolley, one of the first questions they're bound to ask was whether you were using the trolley? If you weren't then there's probably a possibility that they might class it as a blameworthy
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Marshamp11 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
twoloops wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
If you injure yourself and your walk is meant to use a trolley, one of the first questions they're bound to ask was whether you were using the trolley? If you weren't then there's probably a possibility that they might class it as a blameworthy
No might about it. We had an OPG bitten by a dog through a letterbox, first question "Did you use a posting peg". Answer "No", second question "Why are you still in my office".
Hitcher
Posts: 1534
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Hitcher »

And if you want it in the accident book they'll threaten you with the conduct code for not using the correct equipment.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Tinoblade »

Marshamp11 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
twoloops wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
If you injure yourself and your walk is meant to use a trolley, one of the first questions they're bound to ask was whether you were using the trolley? If you weren't then there's probably a possibility that they might class it as a blameworthy
No might about it. We had an OPG bitten by a dog through a letterbox, first question "Did you use a posting peg". Answer "No", second question "Why are you still in my office".
A dog earlier in the day pulled my original one through the door
Hitcher
Posts: 1534
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

This job is killing me

Post by Hitcher »

Tinoblade wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
twoloops wrote:
Hitcher wrote:Use a trolley you'd be surprised how much strain it takes

Really? I find pushing & pulling, stopping & starting a trolley worse than carrying a bag.
If you injure yourself and your walk is meant to use a trolley, one of the first questions they're bound to ask was whether you were using the trolley? If you weren't then there's probably a possibility that they might class it as a blameworthy
No might about it. We had an OPG bitten by a dog through a letterbox, first question "Did you use a posting peg". Answer "No", second question "Why are you still in my office".
A dog earlier in the day pulled my original one through the door
Manager - what house so we can verify that or why didn't you phone the office to report that you needed a new one bringing out to you?