If you were to do the job properly and efficiently in our office you’d be lucky to finish on time! The only way you could gain time is by running/cutting corners/skipping breaks.masterblaster wrote:why do you called efficient people runners? I never run, I don't waste time putting an elastic band around everything, I don't waste time putting 2000 D2D's in frame only to have them slow down the letter sorting, I don't stop and talk, I don't smoke, I don't carry a mobile phone. 1 hour a day for 15 years, 4500+ hours extra I've had doing things I much rather be doing.Jpro747 wrote:Are managers actually looking at them and adding more work to the rounds getting back early?
In my office the runners have been finishing 1hr+ before their time for over a year and nothing has been added.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA actuals
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
PDA actuals
-
matt_1983
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 08:39
- Gender: Male
PDA actuals
Nonsense.Celgar wrote:15 to 20 years ago we had a lot more physical weight in terms of letters & flats. I used to have about eight pouches of mail every day and nearly every pouch was overweight with about 25kg of mail in them. I agree there a lot more packets & parcels nowadays which take longer to deliver.rubberbond wrote:Despite the barrage of abuse you received , I think to some degree you have a point , I have noticed in the offices I've worked in, that there are too many people who are interested in what everyone else is doing.Navalron wrote:What is it with all you grassess. And what's it got to do with you what other staff are working. Is it just jealousy on your part. Maybe they have been in the job for years, done all the crap walks and worked their way to a nice walk. That's the way it is. FFS it's bad enough with managers trying to screw you but when fellow workers do it that's bad news. They don't need PDAs when so called workmates can watch them for gaffers.
I'm not sure whether I agree with you about senior people having done the crap walks, because I think nowadays walks are far heavier than they were 20-25 years ago, due to a number of factors, not least the abysmal,talentless planners we are encumbered with and the direction Royal Mail took when it introduced van share,which was out of date before it even started.