ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties not using trolleys

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thehobbit
Posts: 76
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
Gender: Male

Posties not using trolleys

Post by thehobbit »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
bergos wrote:My biggest issue with the trollies is they're built for an average sized person to use one I have to bend down to pull it!

Do they make a trolly with a longer handle for the taller man?
Got the same problem always makes my back ache :arrrghhh
I am well over 6 foot and really had to push to get a longer handled one , you can get one :nana :nana , in the end I had to do an ask Moya to get it , and when it arrived the dom made a big thing about getting it , when I know he did bugg-r all it must come out of his budget , they have to say it is needed to due medical problems ie bad back when using a normal one ,I had to sign I form saying I needed it ,its like getting blood out of a stone but it can be done

when you get it padlock it to your frame or it will disappear .
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Posties not using trolleys

Post by Cedar_Room »

Used mine every day for over four years & what did i get? Constant intimidation & questioning by managers as to why i couldn't lapse/take all my packets/complete my duty,sarcastic remarks from colleagues for being 'slow' & a longer working week than just about everyone else in the office.

When the crap eventually did hit the fan & i complained about my treatment the union were there for me to a certain extent but to be totally honest i was left to fend for myself.

I've sinced ditched the LWT except for the really heavy days & only on certain loops,i don't carry overweight bags as i break them down & drive to do larger packets. I know it's fundamentally wrong but my life is a whole lot easier now i conform.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Posties not using trolleys

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
bergos wrote:My biggest issue with the trollies is they're built for an average sized person to use one I have to bend down to pull it!

Do they make a trolly with a longer handle for the taller man?
Got the same problem always makes my back ache :arrrghhh
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 28&t=53466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ltb 428/13 LWDT - Modification for Very Tall Colleagues
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Posties not using trolleys

Post by Daniel-san »

Cedar_Room wrote:Used mine every day for over four years & what did i get? Constant intimidation & questioning by managers as to why i couldn't lapse/take all my packets/complete my duty,sarcastic remarks from colleagues for being 'slow' & a longer working week than just about everyone else in the office.

When the crap eventually did hit the fan & i complained about my treatment the union were there for me to a certain extent but to be totally honest i was left to fend for myself.

I've sinced ditched the LWT except for the really heavy days & only on certain loops,i don't carry overweight bags as i break them down & drive to do larger packets. I know it's fundamentally wrong but my life is a whole lot easier now i conform.
This really annoys me!
Take your trolley, f**k what anyone else thinks or says, ignore them, if they gave any sort of s**t your colleagues would let you get on with it, you're doing the job properly!
Get your area rep involved!
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Posties not using trolleys

Post by Cedar_Room »

Daniel-san wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:Used mine every day for over four years & what did i get? Constant intimidation & questioning by managers as to why i couldn't lapse/take all my packets/complete my duty,sarcastic remarks from colleagues for being 'slow' & a longer working week than just about everyone else in the office.

When the crap eventually did hit the fan & i complained about my treatment the union were there for me to a certain extent but to be totally honest i was left to fend for myself.

I've sinced ditched the LWT except for the really heavy days & only on certain loops,i don't carry overweight bags as i break them down & drive to do larger packets. I know it's fundamentally wrong but my life is a whole lot easier now i conform.
This really annoys me!
Take your trolley, f**k what anyone else thinks or says, ignore them, if they gave any sort of s**t your colleagues would let you get on with it, you're doing the job properly!
Get your area rep involved!
Unfortunately the area rep was involved & was only of limited use. I got the impression that towards the end he was siding with RM & that he couldn't really be bothered helping me.

Constant cancellation of meetings & deadlines missed made me realise that i was flogging a dead horse.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Carryoncas
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Nov 2016, 16:42
Gender: Female

Posties not using trolleys

Post by Carryoncas »

As a new colleague (5 months) I have to admit I've never heard of the trolleys being mandatory. Most of our vans don't have any in and I doubt there's enough in the office for everyone, but there's definitely a stigma attached to using them. In my short experience, colleagues that use the trolleys tend to amble along with their head in the clouds then give loops away because they've run out of time. I've seen people taking trolleys out on a 20 minute loop that literally has 1 bundle and 2 small packets. People take the p*ss on both ends of the scale. I move quickly but I don't cut corners or hop walls and if I need to use a trolley because I physically can't carry the bag then I will, but it definitely slows me down and gets frustrating after a while.