ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What the union got wrong about the bonus...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pants123

Re: What the union got wrong about the bonus...

Post by pants123 »

:crazy: :crazy:
toomuchcoke wrote:
pants123 wrote:Exactly, the share holder looking after their own interest and investment, at the expense of the staff, who are being exploited and beaten to a pulp, for the love of more money,, profit....posties being pushed over the edge, and bullied into impossible work loads.......

That not investing in people is it, it bleeding the work force to death for more profit...

Hope you understand...
Nope ... You have still completely failed to explain how someone can be totally obsessed with their wealth and at the same time totally uninterested in their wealth. I mean, I suppose it's just about possible but I can't see how it would be a remotely stable state to be in - you'd either end up completely broke, or having to take an interest! Try going away and reading any of the recent "Letters to Shareholders" by Warren Buffett (commonly regarded as the most successful investor who's ever lived), and you find him repeatedly saying he wants to invest in businesses that are not only profitably today but will continue to be profitable for years to come. Screwing the work force over might improve your profits this year, but ultimately your staff leave, you have to pay more to get and retain replacements, your "Quality of Service" collapses, customers leave you in droves and where's your profitability then?

You also fail to account for the fact that >=10% of the company is owned by the staff, thus presumably mean we're exploiting ourselves? Though from the sounds of things I'm guessing you opted out of the free shares, and presumably out of the company pension scheme since that will also be owning shares?
pants123 wrote:Making a comment like,

I think North Korea accepts immigrants if you're interested ...

Is a brain dead thing to say...
I'm sorry, I thought you where advocating that the state should own everything and that the workers should be prevented from owning (if they so wished) the means of production? Or in North Korea, owning much of anything it would seem!
:crazy: . :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Last edited by pants123 on 16 Jun 2015, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: What the union got wrong about the bonus...

Post by Tman »

You're doing it again Pants. Maybe you should answer his question rather than resort to a somewhat meaningless mish-mash of cliches.
As for dear old Borders, I said class war was dead, but I never said life was fair.
Singing songs about "One in ten" and spraying that "Anarchy" symbol was all that old toss ever amounted to, anyway. :cuppa
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: What the union got wrong about the bonus...

Post by borders »

Tman wrote:You're doing it again Pants. Maybe you should answer his question rather than resort to a somewhat meaningless mish-mash of cliches.
As for dear old Borders, I said class war was dead, but I never said life was fair.
Singing songs about "One in ten" and spraying that "Anarchy" symbol was all that old toss ever amounted to, anyway. :cuppa
:cuppa
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.