Come back to this post in another 12 months luv.Barbel wrote:I've lost loads of weight since starting the job at the beginning of this year. I wasn't big before but I'm now under 9 stone and probably need to put a bit of weight back on. I can't understand how anyone can be big doing this job unless they're eating 24/7.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
-
Pokermon
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Jim Davidson is that you.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
stop eating all the pies 
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Alright cocker will do.Pokermon wrote:Come back to this post in another 12 months luv.Barbel wrote:I've lost loads of weight since starting the job at the beginning of this year. I wasn't big before but I'm now under 9 stone and probably need to put a bit of weight back on. I can't understand how anyone can be big doing this job unless they're eating 24/7.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
I lost a stone in my first year, ive been there 16 years now and have still kept it off. I have a huge appetite but seem to just stay a steady weight as I think all the walking burns off any excess calories. If I gave the job up im sure I'd have to up my exercise or i'd turn into a blob lol
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Yep, I lose weight on longer walks, and it seems to return when its indoor/callers office.
But I cant/dont eat during the day, cereal for breakfast/and or toast...then fluids and coffee or hot choccy in the canteen all day.
Ok, the odd chewing gum, and Refreshers!
But thank God the sweet machines broken/empty as this was a curse if you had loose thank in yer pocket.
I dont know how people eat before/or in their breaks, as I'd be gagging.
I know yer blood sugar is supposed to be stable, but I just cant do it...
But I cant/dont eat during the day, cereal for breakfast/and or toast...then fluids and coffee or hot choccy in the canteen all day.
Ok, the odd chewing gum, and Refreshers!
But thank God the sweet machines broken/empty as this was a curse if you had loose thank in yer pocket.
I dont know how people eat before/or in their breaks, as I'd be gagging.
I know yer blood sugar is supposed to be stable, but I just cant do it...
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
I have cereal before leaving for work, an apple or nothing during my break, lunch when I get home then dinner in the evening. If I have any chocolate in the house then ile have some as a snack in the afternoon.
Couldn't eat choc bars or bags of crisps at 7am in the morning like some of the others do!
Couldn't eat choc bars or bags of crisps at 7am in the morning like some of the others do!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
my day....up at 4.15 bowl of cereal and slice of toast. start work 5. chocolate croissant and a yoghurt before leaving office at 10. during delivery 2 sarnies apple banana satsuma nutri grain bar. thats what i have to eat with my duty. long...hills...hillls oh and hillls
-
shearminator
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
what can someone do if you are slim? but want to put on weight? the walking is making me lose loads of weight. I'm going to try protein shakes and whole milk. I have no problem eating and I can eat full course meals anytime of the day.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
drink more apple juice or other juices to load up the system with fructose to slow the digestive system down a tad.
-
shearminator
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
thanks man!flaminmoses wrote:drink more apple juice or other juices to load up the system with fructose to slow the digestive system down a tad.
every since I become A posty I never seem to get my weight gain back
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
When I first started nearly 2 years ago I lost a stone in the first 6 weeks then I started gradually putting a few pounds back on when my body got used to it. I think it also depends what round I'm doing as well. I started a new round back in July and have lost weight again and am now about 9 stone. The strange thing is though I never really feel hungry so don't eat a hell of a lot any way. Because I start at 6.30 I never eat breakfast either so the first thing I eat is around 10am and that's just some toast and a banana then I don't eat again until tea time. We've got quite a few big people in our office and I've often wondered how they could be so big doing this job but I guess they must be eating lots of carbs and just generally rubbish or have health issues.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
Good way to become type 2 diabetic. If you want to bulk whole milk and lots of it and eat regularly through the day.flaminmoses wrote:drink more apple juice or other juices to load up the system with fructose to slow the digestive system down a tad.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
good point.norm wrote:Good way to become type 2 diabetic. If you want to bulk whole milk and lots of it and eat regularly through the day.flaminmoses wrote:drink more apple juice or other juices to load up the system with fructose to slow the digestive system down a tad.
drink some fruit juice instead of water and eat a bit more fruit then.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: I thought Postmen were supposed to lose weight?
500 ml Greek yoghurt with 50grams of oatmeal for breakfast,protein drink with 30g of whey,20g of casein and 40g of oatmeal during your walk,2 tin's of sardines or tuna for dinner and a proper dinner at tea time,avoid fruit juice it's terrible stuff,alternate the fish dinner for chicken every other day,proper dinner at tea time should have loads of leafy green veg and broccoli.shearminator wrote:what can someone do if you are slim? but want to put on weight? the walking is making me lose loads of weight. I'm going to try protein shakes and whole milk. I have no problem eating and I can eat full course meals anytime of the day.
For we were soldiers once,and young