krussel wrote:Its not frigging rocket science that if you send people out loaded with mail in the hottest part of the day during a level 2/3 heat wave someone WILL die.
Just makes me mad as hell.
Royal mail don't employ rocket scientists just know it all graduates straight out of university.
Two weeks of hot weather and still no wtl or "huddles" to discuss the excessive heat.
That's what I call a caring company
Our DOM today
"Lads don't forget to take some water as its hot outside"
krussel wrote:Its not frigging rocket science that if you send people out loaded with mail in the hottest part of the day during a level 2/3 heat wave someone WILL die.
Just makes me mad as hell.
Royal mail don't employ rocket scientists just know it all graduates straight out of university.
Two weeks of hot weather and still no wtl or "huddles" to discuss the excessive heat.
That's what I call a caring company
Our DOM today
"Lads don't forget to take some water as its hot outside"
When I worked in a different industry we would when entering a "hot zone" work TROPICAL HRS for the period in that zone, now the Met Off is saying we are into a Level 3 in certain parts I think that this would be the same, lets not forget that this is Business driven from the top, it's called BT2010 (7am-3pm)
Some of the lads got back 20 mins early today. Now normally I wouldn't have a problem with the managers sending the back out to deliver a couple of packets each, but today was exhausting out in that heat. The DOM told them to go out though. Not a word of thanks to them for what they did today in 27C or thought for their wellbeing. We really do have the most stupid managers in Royal Mail.
cloherty1976 wrote:Do you think we should stop the cricket test match as its to hot?
You really are a tube.
They get drinks after one hour. A lunch and tea and even more drinks . When one teams batting nine of them are on the balconey watching. Oh I wish I was a cricketer cushy number if ever there was one. If it rains they do sod all. Nice work
cloherty1976 wrote:Do you think we should stop the cricket test match as its to hot?
You really are a tube.
They get drinks after one hour. A lunch and tea and even more drinks . When one teams batting nine of them are on the balconey watching. Oh I wish I was a cricketer cushy number if ever there was one. If it rains they do sod all. Nice work
It's not that short.
And the have the option of an extra career afterwards, usually in media of some sort, where they can earn considerably more than we do. For a lot less work.
clashcityrocker wrote:But it is a very short career.
They could always apply for a job at RM afterwards. I've never understood the "short career" argument. It's a very well paid job for 10 years and then you get another one.