ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think I'm done.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by newtimes »

WornOutPosty wrote:Can't we get a thread going where each person who has been bullied or harassed posts 1 post in it containing what happened and then send the whole lot off to all the big wigs / newspapers? It might get us heard for a change.
That would upset the union officials, its their job to do that, and RM senior management would then fall out with the union officials for not controlling their members. Then were would be, winter is nearly over and the spring is just round the corner. :whistle
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by fishtank »

WornOutPosty wrote:Can't we get a thread going where each person who has been bullied or harassed posts 1 post in it containing what happened and then send the whole lot off to all the big wigs / newspapers? It might get us heard for a change.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 68#p516566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by POSTMAN »

We're working with w*****s,forget the screws,forget CWU HQ,what about....actually forget it i'll save my fingers,just read some of the comments from the 'Advice FROM new starters' thread.
f***ing shameful...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=50015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by POSTMAN on 06 Jan 2013, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
twobags
Posts: 299
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by twobags »

POSTMAN wrote:We're working with w*****s,forget the screws,forget CWU HQ,what about....actually forget it i'll save my fingers,just read some of the comments from the 'Advice FROM new starters' thread.
f***ing shameful.
where is that ?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by POSTMAN »

twobags wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:We're working with w*****s,forget the screws,forget CWU HQ,what about....actually forget it i'll save my fingers,just read some of the comments from the 'Advice FROM new starters' thread.
f***ing shameful.
where is that ?
3 threads down at the mo...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=50015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
protect us
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 167
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by protect us »

Great post ! And obviously very much effecting a lot of people as the replies are pouring in ! So here's my tuppence worth ! first up femalepostie - GO ! You are so so right lifes too short to be treated like this and it just shouldn't be in any company this day and age full stop ! 2nd - I quit after 12 years due to bad knees (nobody) did anything to help - union talked the talk but nothing , managers didn't care and staff all out for themselves ! I tried and coped with a round but was due to lose it in resign even though had Atos recommendations to managers to accommodate me ! - the rounds become far too big and I wasn't prepared to ruin my body anymore for such a un caring ,bullying , harassing , useless people skill , disorganized and corrupt .... Need anymore ? And as for union well my rep was well only interested in his own interests and did very little for anyone - unless of course if you drunk beer with him or second in charge rep you had half a chance of a bit of advice ! Sadly I feel there's a bigger picture behind this because I reckon they just want people to quit to save them redundancy if it happens and also to train up new staff in a different and ruthless way! Am I bitter YES I loved being a decent , honest postie up untill 2007 then It went totally too far the wrong way .
So far since being out of it ... I just about earn the same most weeks (not easy I can tell you) my knees feel better , I suffer less anxiety ( well less from thinking I have to be in that enviroment ) I have less feelings of what totally unrealistic ask is going to be made to me and finally I feel valued ! Oh and all the union could say was I should have kept putting in grievances - or kept going sick ! Yes right ok then surely you shouldn't get into a situation of the need to put them in , in first place ? Anyway who cares - I'm out now and only regret is I got out earlier pre recession ! I feel sorry for ALL of you that are still in and un happy - DO write letters to union HQ and rm HQ if unhappy ( more the better ) but really .... Lifes too short DON'T suffer if your feeling bad - your life is worth more !
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by thefemalepostie »

Well D day has arrived. I'm very nervous about giving my notice in as I don't want anymore hassle and stress. I know I have made the right decision, and feel at peace about it. To be honest I'm looking forward to this week more than any other week as I know I only have 5 days to go. I will still be the best postie I can be for this week, won't cut corners etc..

Thanks again for everyone's help and support on this thread. It really is a great community on here and just cos I'm leaving I won't be leaving here, I like the banter and comments on here they make me laugh. Xxxx
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by dvbuk55 »

thefemalepostie wrote:Well D day has arrived. I'm very nervous about giving my notice in as I don't want anymore hassle and stress. I know I have made the right decision, and feel at peace about it. To be honest I'm looking forward to this week more than any other week as I know I only have 5 days to go. I will still be the best postie I can be for this week, won't cut corners etc..

Thanks again for everyone's help and support on this thread. It really is a great community on here and just cos I'm leaving I won't be leaving here, I like the banter and comments on here they make me laugh. Xxxx
Don't worry about handing in your notice, they may even be shocked and nice because they may belatedly realise they are the cause.

Good Luck for the future.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote: they may even be shocked and nice because they may belatedly realise they are the cause.
Such naivety at your age is unusual.
They will resort to type,blame it on the fact she is female,weak and feeble and recount made up war stories about how much more difficult it was when they were on delivery,they might even go the whole hog,beat their chests,pick fleas from each other's hairy back and see who can piss the highest.
The only reason they might be nice is if someone tells them that the leavers pack comes with a "reason for leaving" form.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
protect us
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 167
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by protect us »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: they may even be shocked and nice because they may belatedly realise they are the cause.
Such naivety at your age is unusual.
They will resort to type,blame it on the fact she is female,weak and feeble and recount made up war stories about how much more difficult it was when they were on delivery,they might even go the whole hog,beat their chests,pick fleas from each other's hairy back and see who can piss the highest.
The only reason they might be nice is if someone tells them that the leavers pack comes with a "reason for leaving" form.
On the nail Fishtank as usual mate ! Yep they couldn't care , I saw blokes with 45yrs service just let leave and not even a card organized from so called work mates ! But thing that got me too was the DIM s made me fill in my leavers reasons with them and I wrote how disgusting it all is now but of course .... I doubt it ever made it to HR or HQ and was binned on my departure ! Took me 6 wks to get my holiday pay too ! Useless
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: they may even be shocked and nice because they may belatedly realise they are the cause.
Such naivety at your age is unusual.
They will resort to type,blame it on the fact she is female,weak and feeble and recount made up war stories about how much more difficult it was when they were on delivery,they might even go the whole hog,beat their chests,pick fleas from each other's hairy back and see who can piss the highest.
The only reason they might be nice is if someone tells them that the leavers pack comes with a "reason for leaving" form.

Well there is such a thing as trying to put people at ease before entering the lions den :Very Happy
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by thefemalepostie »

Well i did it! Put letter on doms desk and was totally ignored for the rest of the day apart from when they told me that I had put on the crappest round in the office. Yes, there was also a smirk on the dims face as he said it. The round was massive and it was a heavy day. Prepping person said he hadn't seen it that heavy even at Christmas! Told dim I don't think i Would be able to complete in time and got told 'its a piece of piss this round' again with a smirk.

It was if they wanted to prove how bad they can be. Sad sad people who need to get a life!

I'm totally out of there now. F*ck the lot of em.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by monkeymutha »

Go sick for the rest oif the week. Screw em.
Fatboyslim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 117
Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by Fatboyslim »

Absolutely tragic when you read threads like this.

Good luck whatever you decide to do - and believe me. I reckon we can count using the fingers of one hand the amount of managers from RM that have been headhunted for private industry. The vast majority I'm convinced were bullied at school. And now they are in a little position of power - payback time.

Well, whats goes around comes around.

Good luck.
protect us
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 167
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 23:27

Re: I think I'm done.

Post by protect us »

thefemalepostie wrote:Well i did it! Put letter on doms desk and was totally ignored for the rest of the day apart from when they told me that I had put on the crappest round in the office. Yes, there was also a smirk on the dims face as he said it. The round was massive and it was a heavy day. Prepping person said he hadn't seen it that heavy even at Christmas! Told dim I don't think i Would be able to complete in time and got told 'its a piece of piss this round' again with a smirk.

It was if they wanted to prove how bad they can be. Sad sad people who need to get a life!

I'm totally out of there now. F*ck the lot of em.
That's DISGUSTING :( but no less than what I would expect from the useless ...... And says it all how if you spend years there it makes no difference how your treated and tormented ! Report them - write a letter like I have , do everything you can to get this exposed because nobody believes what goes on and the more people that have been treated bad , unfair or even bullied then it looks better than doing nowt ! Thing is here they all cover their tracks so well and rely on no one saying anything ! Good luck to you , sounds like myself you were forced out of a job and unlike many of the two faced I'm all right jack staff you saw sense to move on ! Your be fine and remember too Lifes too short to be unhappy !