ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Health Risk from dirty shared vehicles?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Some of the vans are truly disgusting, one of ours is even full of mold and mildew (the spores of which are known to be potential carcinogens) so I think it's rather unfair of people to be accusing others of being ''OCD'' just because we expect to have relatively clean vans.
If you're that bothered about get some Flash spray cleaner and give a it quick wipe, problem solved - alternatively go to your line manager or DOM show him the problem and tell him you aren't willing to drive a carcinogen laden vehicle on the grounds of health and safety. :thumbup
I have already previously cleaned the inside of 2 vans in my own time, using cleaning products I've bought with my own money, I've also had a go at the DOM about it only to get the time honoured '' I'll look into it''

You really do seem to have quite an interesting attitude towards people who regard a clean van as a basic right, I'm guessing you have a similar attitude towards cleanliness in your own home, don't worry about inviting me round for a coffee some time, I'll pass on that one thanks. :thumbup
Actually you're wrong, if I see something that needs cleaning or tidying I do it - not whinge about it on a forum. :cool
No you dont whinge about it, you just go on forums and make snide and sarcastic remarks to people making valid points.

I'm no ''clean freak'' and not obsessed with imaginary germs or viruses but you should show a bit of consideration for anyone who suffers with asthma, eczema, rhinitis or any other general dust allergy.... spending their shift in a van full of dust, dirt and mold certainly does become a health issue.
I can tell you one thing for sure, whingeing about it isn't going to improve the situation so why not pay a visit to Boots the Chemist and buy a surgical mask and the same applies to those suffering any itises or allergies.
I've heard that some RM vans are so dirty that postmen have resorted to delivering in their own cars. :shock: Words fail me. :crazy: