ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D payment fair??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Zootsuit
Posts: 92
Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
Gender: Male

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by Zootsuit »

I'm glad I read this, I was getting wound up as someone had told me the delivery supplement was for dealing with D2D's. Having delivered 1800 seperate items the week before last it was getting on my nerves that as a PT I was getting just over half what my FT partner was (is) getting paid for delivering the same amount of items. It was even more annoying that (apparently) someone who works in one the regional admin office centres was getting paid more than me despite never touching a D2D unless it landed on his/her doormat at home.

Do I now rest assured that the delivery supplement is not actually a payment for dealing with D2Ds, and that people who work in non delivery related jobs don't get paid a pro rata delivery supplement?

It's probably obvious but I haven't been doing this for long!

While i'm here I might as well mention something else that has been winding me up about D2D's. The format (or lack of). Why do we have to deliver stuff which is patently not designed to go through a letter box? Anything from a shiny piece of flimsy paper to a newspaper with most stuff in between seemingly designed to be placed between the pages of a magazine rather than be carried in a bag and pushed through a brass guillotine with anti armour penetration brushes installed. Not too bad if going through with other mail but bl@@dy difficult to deliver in on its own without piercing same defensive letter slot with vulnerable flesh. The best ones are those in contained in an envelope or on light card; I wonder why there can't be a minimum acceptable standard but then I wonder about a lot of things............................................
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by fishtank »

Mighty Hunter wrote:While i'm here I might as well mention something else that has been winding me up about D2D's. The format (or lack of). Why do we have to deliver stuff which is patently not designed to go through a letter box? Anything from a shiny piece of flimsy paper to a newspaper with most stuff in between seemingly designed to be placed between the pages of a magazine rather than be carried in a bag and pushed through a brass guillotine with anti armour penetration brushes installed. Not too bad if going through with other mail but bl@@dy difficult to deliver in on its own without piercing same defensive letter slot with vulnerable flesh. The best ones are those in contained in an envelope or on light card; I wonder why there can't be a minimum acceptable standard but then I wonder about a lot of things............................................
When D2D first arrived on the scene there was an attempt to promote a uniformity of size,weight and shape but at the end of the day he who pays the piper calls the tune. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by wallop »

I work in a delivery office and somehow the collection staff at the nearby mail centre come under deliveries and get the supplement despite the fact that none of them have ever worked on deliveries.
Prior to this they were distribution staff.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wallop wrote:I work in a delivery office and somehow the collection staff at the nearby mail centre come under deliveries and get the supplement despite the fact that none of them have ever worked on deliveries.
Prior to this they were distribution staff.
Well sorry to ask this but is there any proof of this as there is a separate section in the 2010BT agreement that says.
Mail Centres, Collection Hubs and MDECs
A new (non pensionable) supplement to basic pay to all OPGs/OSGs in Mail Centres, OPGs/OSGs in Collection Hubs (who are not eligible to receive the Delivery Pay supplement) and Royal Mail CWU grades in MDECs pro rata for part-time employees. The supplement will increase in value as agreed in basic pay rises. It will flow through in 2011 and 2012. It will be paid 52 weeks a year at the rate of £8.00 per week and applies to new entrants. It replaces the first £8.00 of any PBS/ICS residual bonus payment in the Unit. In Units where the PBS/ICS payment is greater than £8.00, the amount over £8.00 will still be paid to existing recipients. Where the existing PBS/ICS payment is less than £8.00, the shortfall is funded on an ongoing basis by using the pool of money created by the former ESOS productivity scheme. The employees eligible for this pay supplement will also receive a one-off non-pensionable lump sum payment of £75
So Collection staff in a Mail Centre seem to be covered twice by the same paragraph and I can't see Royal Mail giving them a supplement they are not entitled to.

Or perhaps they are still being considered as Distribution staff (if they where before) as there is a section for them as well.
Regional Distribution Centres
A new (non pensionable) supplement to basic pay to all OPGs in Regional Distribution Centres (pro rata for part time employees). The supplement will increase in value as agreed in basic pay rises. It will be paid 52 weeks a year at the rate of £11.00 per week and applies to new entrants. It consolidates the equivalent value of current productivity payments.
Not saying your wrong but it could be just a rumour and nothing more. I personally would need proof to believe it, rather than rely on a rumour that could have been started by a manager to cause division.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by wallop »

They do get it i've been told by the drivers.
Basically the drivers of vans transits and smaller are considered delivery staff and the drivers of anything larger are distribution.
I'm told they come under our DOMs budget and he's responsible for the vans they use.
We don't have the option of signing for these duties and they are completely separate from us.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: D2D payment fair??

Post by POSTMAN »

Anyone 'tagged' to a DO 'should' get it.

There was a problem with this a year or so ago and the union were looking into it,not sure if it was collection drivers though.

EDIT:Found a link,looking for more...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 1&p=288126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.