ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Everyday comments by the public
-
riverdale
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 08 Oct 2008, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Everyday comments by the public
WHERE'S YOUR BIKE ?
WHAT THE F..KS THAT? {TROLLEY}
YOU MUST BE KNACKERED.
WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS ?
'MORNING'....3 o'clock in the afternoon!!!!
WHAT THE F..KS THAT? {TROLLEY}
YOU MUST BE KNACKERED.
WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS ?
'MORNING'....3 o'clock in the afternoon!!!!
-
rico
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 23:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Everyday comments by the public
Straight in the bin
I don't want no bills
Sorry, he's alright really, he only barks a lot
Lovely day
Rain again
I hate these things (PDAs)
The postbox down the road's full
I don't want no bills
Sorry, he's alright really, he only barks a lot
Lovely day
Rain again
I hate these things (PDAs)
The postbox down the road's full
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Everyday comments by the public
arty_morty wrote:On redelivering a packet that had been 739d.
I was in, did you ring the bell?
No i just stood here and hoped for the best
how about
Excuse me? im moving house and i was wodering if you could explain
how i set up a redirection service?
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
Throgg
- Posts: 255
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 17:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Re: Everyday comments by the public
I prefer "I moved out of my house 4 weeks ago. I was wondering what will have happened to my mail"by chunk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:48,pm
arty_morty wrote:
On redelivering a packet that had been 739d.
I was in, did you ring the bell?
No i just stood here and hoped for the best
how about
Excuse me? im moving house and i was wodering if you could explain
how i set up a redirection service?
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
Re: Everyday comments by the public
LMAO fishtank
mines have got to be
If it's bills you can take them back
did u put a big cheque through?
what time will you be at _______, just i'm waiting on something quite important
he doesn't bite son
ye're late the day postie
the old guy used to be here really early
i take it you do the duty differently?
why's the post so late these days?
are there any jobs going?
the all time DUMBEST things I get regularly
Do you need a signature? is it for us?
Did you ring the bell?
Did you put any mail through the door (yeah, i just split ur mail in half and gave half to you)
where do i sign? (where the x's are....yet they still put it in some obscure dumb place)
mines have got to be
If it's bills you can take them back
did u put a big cheque through?
what time will you be at _______, just i'm waiting on something quite important
he doesn't bite son
ye're late the day postie
the old guy used to be here really early
i take it you do the duty differently?
why's the post so late these days?
are there any jobs going?
the all time DUMBEST things I get regularly
Do you need a signature? is it for us?
Did you ring the bell?
Did you put any mail through the door (yeah, i just split ur mail in half and gave half to you)
where do i sign? (where the x's are....yet they still put it in some obscure dumb place)
-
danieljp
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 14:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: South
Re: Everyday comments by the public
Have you passed your test on that yet? (Trolley) 
-
szav
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 22:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Everyday comments by the public
...have you got elastic bands ?
most popular after revision :
Do you not deliver every day, now ?

most popular after revision :
Do you not deliver every day, now ?
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Everyday comments by the public
I had a bulider on a customer's house continually call me "Pat" as I walked past every morning for a couple of weeks, so I always replied with "Morning, Bob!" Then, one day he asked me "Why do you keep calling me Bob? That's not my name"
"Well Pat's not my name, but you call me it anyway, so I call you after Bob the Builder....or should I refer to you as Jerry Builder?" 
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: Everyday comments by the public
My usuals :-
Is that for me? ------------ No I took a wild guess with a pin on a map!
Vans dirty!----------------- No s**t Sherlock, could be the s**t high farms I drive down!
Great day to be a postman!----------It would be if i wasn't so effin stressed all the time!
It's only bills i spose---------Well, probably Einstein, because a lot of post is!
That's going in the bin that lot----------Do what you like.
You never bring anything decent------------Well enter some comps, put thousands in Ernie or win a gameshow then.
Sorry I was out the back(just when I completed writing a docket)----------oh thats ok time is no issue for me!!
Got any jobs in there??---------------Don't ask, i'm not exactly the best one to advise you really!!!
(PDA'S) OOh it never looks like my signature, I hate these things------Not as much as I effin do!!!!!
Alright Postman Pat?-----I wasn't too bad till you came into my day you f***wit!!
You ain't got a bad job have ya!------------Well no, if you like stress everyday, don't know if you'll complete, sh*t weather half the time, then no, I suppose it is

Is that for me? ------------ No I took a wild guess with a pin on a map!
Vans dirty!----------------- No s**t Sherlock, could be the s**t high farms I drive down!
Great day to be a postman!----------It would be if i wasn't so effin stressed all the time!
It's only bills i spose---------Well, probably Einstein, because a lot of post is!
That's going in the bin that lot----------Do what you like.
You never bring anything decent------------Well enter some comps, put thousands in Ernie or win a gameshow then.
Sorry I was out the back(just when I completed writing a docket)----------oh thats ok time is no issue for me!!
Got any jobs in there??---------------Don't ask, i'm not exactly the best one to advise you really!!!
(PDA'S) OOh it never looks like my signature, I hate these things------Not as much as I effin do!!!!!
Alright Postman Pat?-----I wasn't too bad till you came into my day you f***wit!!
You ain't got a bad job have ya!------------Well no, if you like stress everyday, don't know if you'll complete, sh*t weather half the time, then no, I suppose it is
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
BettySwollocks
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12
Re: Everyday comments by the public
This has happened to me once or twice when i used to be on delivery
Customer - "This isn't for me" !!!
Me - "it's addressed to the occupier" !
Customer - "IT ISN'T FOR ME" !
Me -
Customer - "Oh ... sorry, just woke up"

Customer - "This isn't for me" !!!
Me - "it's addressed to the occupier" !
Customer - "IT ISN'T FOR ME" !
Me -
Customer - "Oh ... sorry, just woke up"
-
tvpunter
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 17:28
Re: Everyday comments by the public
av you got anythink for me..yes luv i'm just walking past your house down the street and i'll walk all the way back with it..ok
This is England
-
Dave1962
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Everyday comments by the public
When it's raining; 'would you like to borrow an umbrella?' 
-
chas51
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 01 Apr 2008, 14:22
Re: Everyday comments by the public
Do you sell stamps.
whats the roads like.
youre late today.
I hope you havent got me any bills.
whats all this crap.
wheres me premium bond winnings
whats the roads like.
youre late today.
I hope you havent got me any bills.
whats all this crap.
wheres me premium bond winnings
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Everyday comments by the public
Comment today, had me ipod on, some lady came over and said can you stop putting the leaflets thru my letterbox, me hang on a minute I am delivering some letters, then I asked her what she said, she said I have a notice up saying i don't want junkmail delivered, Me you need to contact RM as I have to deliver them , but I done that last year,
Me, well a new system has come in and we have to deliver them unless you write in then they will then take your name off, but I done that last year , Me well you have to do it again, the lady, do you have a phone no, so I gave her one of the P759 cards ,
What is it with folks
Essex mum
What is it with folks
Essex mum
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: Everyday comments by the public
I had just pushed through an envelope with a single line for an address. I assumed it was for a surcharge or something. This geezer comes charging towards me while his son is left propping up his front door (no doubt just in case there's any bother). Anyway, this customer whips out this P739 from the envelope and asks me, "Did you just put this through my door?"
...Er yes, but it was in the envelope when I delivered it.
At this point, he's glaring at me waiting for an answer. I'm thinking that wasn't the answer he was hoping to hear, so's I tells him (pointing at the card) to look at the time, date and what it is. That's when I notice that it looks like a tracker, and would have been originally delivered by one of our van drivers.
It's a shame he couldn't hear me thinking what a c*** I thought he was.
...Er yes, but it was in the envelope when I delivered it.
At this point, he's glaring at me waiting for an answer. I'm thinking that wasn't the answer he was hoping to hear, so's I tells him (pointing at the card) to look at the time, date and what it is. That's when I notice that it looks like a tracker, and would have been originally delivered by one of our van drivers.
It's a shame he couldn't hear me thinking what a c*** I thought he was.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/