ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Toilet break

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Toilet break

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Straight4ward wrote:
What, magic trees can take away the smell of stale piss?
That's why they're 'magic' :chuckle :chuckle
Where can they be found, DGP? I have to deliver to an old folks home and your 'magic trees' sound like they could solve a problem.
The mushrooms grow around them. :crazy: :nana :crazy: :nana :crazy:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by POSTMAN »

exup13 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Now is the time to get theses official stops in!
With all the revisions going to happen,sort out your toilet stops for each duty,if you have to drive/walk 10mins out of your way then tough on the planners yes.
Why should we spend time and effort to do this !, Surely its the job of a manager and or walk planner. Let them see to it and earn thier wage !
Yes and those in the office who are helping the revisions,which would be 'you' if it's your walk they are playing around with.
Don't forget if you haven't got one now and you get one then that adds time to the duty.
Think about it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Toilet break

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:
What, magic trees can take away the smell of stale piss?
That's why they're 'magic' :chuckle :chuckle
Where can they be found, DGP? I have to deliver to an old folks home and your 'magic trees' sound like they could solve a problem.
You don't need magic trees for that situation, what you need is Vicks Vaporub...........a small drop just under your nose and all you'll smell is a lovely menthol smell and not OPPS (Old Peoples Piss Smell :wink: ).
I used to just hold my breath down the 2 corridors that smelt really bad... Luckily they always had windows open down there so I used to stick my head out for a quick lung filling and carry on.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Toilet break

Post by Stormproof »

Is there anything official i.e. LTB?

I was talking to one of the girls from work today and she's asked me to find out. Us girls need a loo break when we are out. They are making our duties 4.5hrs. If we are paired up with a bloke he is'nt going to be happy if we have to cut off to find a loo.
99% of public toilets have been shut in our town. Whats the official line about going off route to find one? We need to know before our revision comes in at beginning of November.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
pillow
Posts: 21
Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 15:47
Gender: Female
Location: out on the edge of the world

Re: Toilet break

Post by pillow »

I agree.......as a woman it is even more difficult to go discreetly, anywhere. I have had to resort to knocking on doors, or trying to ask some of the more seasoned chaps where they go. As they have been doing the rounds longer and know where people are a little more sympathetic.

Afet six months of working at RM, and being on non assigned duties, I actually had to go and have a "private" discussion with my DOM re "Monthly" cycles, and I don't mean bikes!!! I explained that there was at least 2 walks where I knew I could change safely and undisturbed. To be fair him he was very understanding and said all I had to do was let him know when I "needed certain walks". I know some will howl," how embarrassing" etc. , I can tell you it's no where as near embarrassing as not having anywhere to change!!

But I do still wonder why the Union has not brought this up as a welfare issue, surely we shouldn't be arresting our basic need to urinate, after all it can cause kidney damage long term. Equally we are supposed to drink regular amounts of water to maintain hydration, especially during the summer. We still have to take a break, none of which is planned into our working day.

I do believe that measures should be taken, I am finding the local petrol stations are great stops and have to have toilets for their staff, why can't some National agreement with all of these be made, as there are plenty of them around!!! Some have refused, but most do let you use their facilities. They are clean, warm, stocked, and pretty private!
Just a thought......
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.

Oprah Winfrey
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Toilet break

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

For the ladies of RMC - by no means a perfect solution but an option which is fairly discrete. http://www.shewee.com/newstore/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS: I am not a pervert honest, but we have had this particular discussion before. :oops: :oops: :oops:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Toilet break

Post by Stormproof »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:For the ladies of RMC - by no means a perfect solution but an option which is fairly discrete. http://www.shewee.com/newstore/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS: I am not a pervert honest, but we have had this particular discussion before. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I know we have teebs. I know its funny with all the jokes but we really do need to see something official on this.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
pillow
Posts: 21
Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 15:47
Gender: Female
Location: out on the edge of the world

Re: Toilet break

Post by pillow »

Hey Blueterrier!

Thank you, there are some caring considerate men left in this world!

I already have one, from my extensive travelling, needs must, so I discovered these a year ago. Unfortunatley they still require a greater degree of skill to use, without leaks so to speak!!

OMG!! where is this going to end???

Nuff said

:wave
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.

Oprah Winfrey
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Toilet break

Post by stokes11eg »

cow post wrote:Its the law:

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
:shock: Think that law has been rescinded-- no way is a stranger,(Except postie of course, getting to use my loo)
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Toilet break

Post by DGP1 »

stokes11eg wrote:
cow post wrote:Its the law:

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
:shock: Think that law has been rescinded-- no way is a stranger,(Except postie of course, getting to use my loo)
Even me :wave
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Toilet break

Post by brothermagrew »

The CWU sisters should check this out on the CWU website.

http://www.cwu.org/women-s-health-guide.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Toilet break

Post by Stormproof »

brothermagrew wrote:The CWU sisters should check this out on the CWU website.

http://www.cwu.org/women-s-health-guide.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Brother but not really what we are looking for.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by POSTMAN »

I said the below in this thread,f**k them...
POSTMAN wrote:Now is the time to get theses official stops in!
With all the revisions going to happen,sort out your toilet stops for each duty,if you have to drive/walk 10mins out of your way then tough on the planners yes.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Toilet break

Post by Stormproof »

POSTMAN wrote:I said the below in this thread,f**k them...
POSTMAN wrote:Now is the time to get theses official stops in!
With all the revisions going to happen,sort out your toilet stops for each duty,if you have to drive/walk 10mins out of your way then tough on the planners yes.
I'll pass that on to the person who asked me about it. I'm off sick at the mo and not due to go back for a couple of months, by then it will be implemented.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Toilet break

Post by POSTMAN »

Stormproof wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:I said the below in this thread,f**k them...
POSTMAN wrote:Now is the time to get theses official stops in!
With all the revisions going to happen,sort out your toilet stops for each duty,if you have to drive/walk 10mins out of your way then tough on the planners yes.
I'll pass that on to the person who asked me about it. I'm off sick at the mo and not due to go back for a couple of months, by then it will be implemented.
Tbf this (and i think it's always been missed,it has at my place) should of been in since the beginning of time,well,350 years ago anyway.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.