Sorry,my point is everyone (on here anyway)practically has a mass amount of part timers and to say that a 4hr delivery when you add all the other bits on travelling,meal relief,pouching off, van checks that it is not possible seems to me to be wrong.dvbuk55 wrote:Not really, we will lose 4 bulk duties because the new CDVs will be taking the large packets. The delivery spans are all over 4 hours for CDV deliveries and HCT deliveries. The new geo-route sorts out the delivery in what is, at face value, a logical way set on the parameters it's programmed for - they have not been installed yet but I doubt they will be changed now. I know I keep saying it but if you have a 4 hour+ delivery span, even on an 8 hour day, you just cannot find the indoor work to fill full time vacancies AND THAT IS BEFORE THE WSMs COME IN NEXT YEAR and that, I believe, will be my swan song. That is also when the late collection hybrid duties will be brought in to keep as many 8 hour jobs as possible I would imagine.POSTMAN wrote:You've got CDV's how is it working for you,surely with a new revision with all the figures put into the mix and especially the large amount of part timers you have you would of made out of it?dvbuk55 wrote: Why is it not right? Under the terms of the 2010 and Beyond Delivery Methods Revision - anything goes that produces the productivity necessary. It may not suit some people, and it may not suit a 4 day week system especially with the provision of walk sequenced mail because the delivery span would be horrendous.
The walking deliveries with the HCTs are now down to 16, primarily because we have a large area, so there ain't much within a mile......................I should also add that the CDVs also have trolleys and so the walker will be taking much larger packets on BOTH that they would not have considered before. The van will only be taking the biggest.
I just don't f***ing get what some of you are doing.
4hr walk,poss 30mins travelling time,10-15 mins pouching off,15+ mins van checks.
That there alone after you add on the 40 min meal break is nearly 6hrs!!
Now you have to IPS,prep your own walk AND part timers.
So where are you getting what you are saying from?