ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Joint D2D Statement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Joint D2D Statement

Post by fishtank »

pickaname wrote:Working my day off on thursday. Got a monster delivery that Ive never done before.

I cant see myself being able to prep the walk, do IPS, prep the D2D and lapsing in the time allowed. Ill definitely be out late, perhaps by an hour or more.

I told my manager on saturday morning that if im expected to lapse ill be going home as soon as im told.

He said ill be in breach of contract if I do as ive already agreed to do the duty and everything that goes with it.

Is this true?

What annoys me is there STILL is no modernisation to make the service better. Just pay cuts and an increase in workload.
Unless it's SA then you can change your mind at any time.
Although it might be a while before your asked out on your day off again. :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Joint D2D Statement

Post by Lincox »

It,s job and finish for me. If I go over and they refuse to pay me the overtime, then thats the time I start working to my scheduled hours. Apart from shorts and longs, still cant see any change in the agreement regarding rolling over of hours. According to the 2007 agreement this was supposed to be looked at during phase 4 of that agreement. Correct me if im wrong but I cant see where this is been addressed under the new agreement.
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: Joint D2D Statement

Post by mailman71 »

pickaname wrote:Working my day off on thursday. Got a monster delivery that Ive never done before.

I cant see myself being able to prep the walk, do IPS, prep the D2D and lapsing in the time allowed. Ill definitely be out late, perhaps by an hour or more.

I told my manager on saturday morning that if im expected to lapse ill be going home as soon as im told.

He said ill be in breach of contract if I do as ive already agreed to do the duty and everything that goes with it.

Is this true?

What annoys me is there STILL is no modernisation to make the service better. Just pay cuts and an increase in workload.
they cant make you work overtime so dont do it if your unhappy with whats on offer.