ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties Arse

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Posties Arse

Post by TeeferTiger »

Stormproof wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's not just round there I've got scaley skin. :sad: and nothing seems to cure it :sad:
Trip to the Doctors methinks!

It may be a form of eczema. I suffer from heat triggered eczema (not on my arse!!) and come up in little blisters on my fingers, backs of my hands, up my arms, chest and back. Sometimes on my neck and face but only if it gets hot for more than a few days. I'm just glad it's cooled down again now. Lord knows what I'm going to be like if it's a hot summer as predicted. I get very warm just doing my round without the weather making it worse!
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/c/9339/25934.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sounds like you have Sun Rash April. Luckily these past few years I've not suffered with it, but this week I've started getting the symptoms and I'm on A/L so not even out in the sun. The other year my arms were covered in 1000's of small blisters I ended up having to go to hospital and having treatment. So I'm dreading this summer now the symptoms are back.
Oooooooh I think you may be right!

Might go back to my doctors with that info. Thanks for that x
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Posties Arse

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's not just round there I've got scaley skin. :sad: and nothing seems to cure it :sad:
Trip to the Doctors methinks!

It may be a form of eczema. I suffer from heat triggered eczema (not on my arse!!) and come up in little blisters on my fingers, backs of my hands, up my arms, chest and back. Sometimes on my neck and face but only if it gets hot for more than a few days. I'm just glad it's cooled down again now. Lord knows what I'm going to be like if it's a hot summer as predicted. I get very warm just doing my round without the weather making it worse!

Hey i get the same and i ve suffered for years in the hot weather, now its cooling down my skin will dry out and can itch like hell :sad: :sad:

Do you use anything to ease it ? :nervous
No, I have a steroid cream and end up looking like Michael Jackson in bed cos I'm wearing white cotton gloves... :crazy: That thins the skin out apparently but then the blisters tend to sort themselves out (the ones I've left alone anyway, it's like OCD, I HAVE to pop them :no no ) then I'm left with the dry skin on my hands and it cracks etc. I've stopped using doublebase and just use the hand and nail cream in the pink tube type packaging. I find it moisturises and absorbs better.

However, the advice of wearing long sleeved stuff etc just isn't practical for me. I get far too hot on delivery and I believe it would only make it worse as I'd then have a heat rash as well as the blisters. I've not been THAT bad so far this year because I've been wearing shorts and short sleeved top for over a month so I think I may have gradually "broken" my skin into the sun exposure. I don't sunbathe and always sit in the shade if I go somewhere.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Posties Arse

Post by krussel »

Sounds like you get it worse than me as i get very small lumps just under the skin normally on the inside of my fingers which can turn into tiny blisters. These dry up after a few days but the skin gets kinda tight and can suffer tiny cracks that sting in the shower :sad: I use a moisturiser like aquas cream and it goes away after a week or so. But keeps coming back, i dont think handling all that paper helps much. :neutral:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Posties Arse

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:Sounds like you get it worse than me as i get very small lumps just under the skin normally on the inside of my fingers which can turn into tiny blisters. These dry up after a few days but the skin gets kinda tight and can suffer tiny cracks that sting in the shower :sad: I use a moisturiser like aquas cream and it goes away after a week or so. But keeps coming back, i dont think handling all that paper helps much. :neutral:
That's how it started. I remember walking home from primary school and having blisters just between the outside edge of the 2 knuckles on my right index finger. Over the years, it's spread around the rest of my fingers, recently appearing on the actual ends of my fingers. Then a few years back, on a very hot and sunny day, it flared up really badly and my hands were just absolutely covered in blisters, up my arms, my chest and back and on my chin/face cheeks.

Dr said it was eczema and prescribed the steroid cream etc. I also ended up with sinusitis at the same time so I thought it might've been a reaction to feeling run down or something.

I always thought it was just down to heat as sunny=hot usually (around here anyway!)

And the paper doesn't help! The ends of my fingers have become really dry now and starting to sting so I'll have to put the MJ gloves on tonight methinks.

Chamone! haha
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Posties Arse

Post by krussel »

Blimey i had it as a small child as well mainly hands and wrists :shock:

I ve had the small mirco blisters on the finger tips and they can get really sore as the skin wears away leaving tiny pock mark holes. How weird this all sounds. :crazy:

Its funny but you just get on with it.

Oh ive done the gloves packed with cream lark which does help a lot but iam a bit restless in bed and they always come off. :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Posties Arse

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:Blimey i had it as a small child as well mainly hands and wrists :shock:

I ve had the small mirco blisters on the finger tips and they can get really sore as the skin wears away leaving tiny pock mark holes. How weird this all sounds. :crazy:

Its funny but you just get on with it.

Oh ive done the gloves packed with cream lark which does help a lot but iam a bit restless in bed and they always come off. :shock:
:silenced :silenced :silenced Must resist :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Posties Arse

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:Blimey i had it as a small child as well mainly hands and wrists :shock:

I ve had the small mirco blisters on the finger tips and they can get really sore as the skin wears away leaving tiny pock mark holes. How weird this all sounds. :crazy:

Its funny but you just get on with it.

Oh ive done the gloves packed with cream lark which does help a lot but iam a bit restless in bed and they always come off. :shock:
:silenced :silenced :silenced Must resist :silenced :silenced :silenced :silenced

Oh go on you know you want to, lets get it out the way :roll:

:funneh :left: :funneh :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........