ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HATE HATE HATE...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by smokerjim »

DGP1 wrote:What you all need is some of my pills, it makes everything........................................................where was I :hmmmm :crazy: :crazy: oh yes, warm and fuzzy (and they still allow me to drive :chuckle ).
Nope, what's needed is some anger management techniques - failing that, I'd like some guns.....lots of guns!

Image
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
crazytaxifife
Posts: 49
Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 21:05
Gender: Female

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by crazytaxifife »

How many of u guys got the salad creams, nightmare
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by vigilante »

PDA'S drive me F***G insane, they are absolute crap.
You switch, you think to collection, and scan and hear a 'beep', only to get back in your van to find it saying barcode not recognised!!
Because the b*stard thing hasn't switched over and you have to do it all again, I really, really hate them :evil/mad :evil/mad :evil/mad
Actually in all my years at RM nothing has wound me up more than these b*stard things!!!!

Also, A4's with windows that the address disappears completely so you rip the envelope in temper!
Bulk posters who send out mail and don't care that it is a Saturday when they are office w*****s sat in bed!! :evil/mad
Crap elastic bands,
Vauhall corsa vans,
Flimsy coop/somerfield D2D's,
Spring loaded brass/iron letter boxes,
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12214
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by SpacePhoenix »

PDAs are real shitty in MCs to, they often lock up or run real slow. I had one once that crashed to the point that it rebooted itself. The batteries don't last too long before they need recharging, may as well give us mains adapters and run them off the mains.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by Pat Ostman »

Working with full timers (as a part timer) on a park and loop delivery.

I get the hassle, the victimisation, the messing around, the dirty looks when I work to my contracted time. (Which on my contract I do). So much so certain managers reading this will think they know who I am.

My park and loop buddy? oh, he gets to go home early.

There is no justice or logic in dear old Royal Mail.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by fishtank »

My park and loop buddy? oh, he gets to go home early.
Don't you have the same finishing time pat? :crazy:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by Pat Ostman »

fishtank wrote:
My park and loop buddy? oh, he gets to go home early.
Don't you have the same finishing time pat? :crazy:
Nope. One hour difference, including any meal relief entitlement.

Not the full timers fault but it annoys the s**t out of me.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by fishtank »

Pat Ostman wrote:
fishtank wrote:
My park and loop buddy? oh, he gets to go home early.
Don't you have the same finishing time pat? :crazy:
Nope. One hour difference, including any meal relief entitlement.

Not the full timers fault but it annoys the s**t out of me.
It's feckin madness...
How can P&L work with different finish times?
Are some managers just feckin stupid?
Where do they get some of these clowns,even a 3 year old could see the flaw in that one. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
tvpunter
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2008, 17:28

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by tvpunter »

All the s**t we deliver is what pays the wages....!
This is England
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by post_bitch »

what does it matter what the letter is its just the same shape and size as any other kind of letter mostly...

did u have a bad experience in tesco?

100% usualy means overtime tho
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by smokerjim »

post_bitch wrote:what does it matter what the letter is its just the same shape and size as any other kind of letter mostly...

did u have a bad experience in tesco?

100% usualy means overtime tho
Not if you have a DIM that insists no pressure OT is booked - so either you make the time yourself :no no , or you cut off and any hope of a reasonable workload during the next few days goes out the window / you feel guilty about not completeing your delivery ( especially bad if it happens before a day off ) :oops: :cry
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by post_bitch »

yeh u feel about as guilty as nato does about killing gaddafis grandchildren
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by smokerjim »

post_bitch wrote:yeh u feel about as guilty as nato does about killing gaddafis grandchildren
Speak for yourself yer trolling minger - On my way home everyday, I like to think I've done a proper day's work.....if you don't give a monkey's, or you find the current amount of work you do as a lineo is too much then that's you, but don't judge me or anyone else by your miserably low standards
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

post_bitch wrote:yeh u feel about as guilty as nato does about killing gaddafis grandchildren
and I thought you had become a reasonable poster, sadly it appears I was gravely mistaken. :arrrghhh Personal attacks :no no :no no

If it was a joke it was in extremely bad taste.

Please cant you post like reasonable person or are we condemned to keep repeating this particular circular argument add infinitum.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: HATE HATE HATE...

Post by Straight4ward »

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."