ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by yellowbelly »

Mr Rush wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2026, 01:22
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 19:55
Ever since RM have started taking out of service yorks where the trio of RFID tags are knackered the amount of out of service yorks is rapidly increasing.
That might explain the sudden hardon this summer for removing all 'idle' yorks from the unit once deliveries are out the door. All the ones between the frames, all the corexes in the bullring, all out onto the loading bay to be shipped back to the MC.
There's a new 'York' coming in isn't there? Only to be used WITHIN a unit and not for transporting parcels/mail between MC's/DO's.

They're to be used for bullrings etc and for storing 'sh**e' in.

It was on ROBIN so it's got to be true.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3352
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by Mr Rush »

yellowbelly wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 16:23
There's a new 'York' coming in isn't there? Only to be used WITHIN a unit and not for transporting parcels/mail between MC's/DO's.
I think I've seen two appear in the office this week or last: Mk2 A-frame?
The machine stops.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by WalkerX »

TooManyLoops wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2026, 19:53
I don't mind the job (once outdoors). It's all the messing about, the faff, and the bullshit we have to wade through to get there

I start on time, take my break and then finish on time.
Exactly.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by WalkerX »

Chitchat wrote: ↑
03 Sep 2026, 09:58
I've been in the job 20 years, when I first started I honestly thought I would never leave. But the past few years have really taken a strain on me. I can't stand coming in every day and being unable to complete, watching the work pile up and then having a day off and literally nothing is even touched. Managers that hide in their office and don't even have the common courtesy to say Good morning let alone ask if your OK. On paper the job should be simple, deliver parcels and put bits of paper through holes in doors. But years of cutting costs have led to where we are today. So for the first time in 20 years I'm looking to retrain and start a new career.
All of this. :Applause :Applause
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Mr Rush wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 17:09
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 16:23
There's a new 'York' coming in isn't there? Only to be used WITHIN a unit and not for transporting parcels/mail between MC's/DO's.
I think I've seen two appear in the office this week or last: Mk2 A-frame?
Any chance of someone posting a photo of one?
jagger
Posts: 182
Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by jagger »

I think he may be talking about dorks.
We’ve had a senior manager down telling us any static yorks are to be replaced by dorks.
If you are moving them around the office you should still be using yorks.
Apologies if I’m incorrect, just what I’ve heard.
funkflex55
Posts: 803
Joined: 04 Sep 2022, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by funkflex55 »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 22:32
Mr Rush wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 17:09
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 16:23
There's a new 'York' coming in isn't there? Only to be used WITHIN a unit and not for transporting parcels/mail between MC's/DO's.
I think I've seen two appear in the office this week or last: Mk2 A-frame?
Any chance of someone posting a photo of one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qwerty2
Posts: 2119
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by qwerty2 »

jagger wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 23:34
I think he may be talking about dorks.
We’ve had a senior manager down telling us any static yorks are to be replaced by dorks.
If you are moving them around the office you should still be using yorks.
Apologies if I’m incorrect, just what I’ve heard.
Too many dorks in RM!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

funkflex55 wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2026, 07:28
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 22:32
Mr Rush wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 17:09
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2026, 16:23
There's a new 'York' coming in isn't there? Only to be used WITHIN a unit and not for transporting parcels/mail between MC's/DO's.
I think I've seen two appear in the office this week or last: Mk2 A-frame?
Any chance of someone posting a photo of one?
That looks very much like a Dork. They got tried in the MC a few years ago, but we quickly found that they were no good for use in a MC. They have to be static and in an MC, no york stays static for a whole shift.
lincolnshirepostie
Posts: 19
Joined: 06 Sep 2025, 16:04
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by lincolnshirepostie »

On annual leave this week and decided to bite the bullet and hand in my resignation today. Saw a thread about workers being potentially asked to work 1pm to 9pm - looks like I quit at the right time!!
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by Tman »

So what's the new job?
lincolnshirepostie
Posts: 19
Joined: 06 Sep 2025, 16:04
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by lincolnshirepostie »

We're both becoming full time foster carers as soon as we pass training. Meanwhile I'm helping him on eBay, he sells jewellery for a living.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by yellowbelly »

lincolnshirepostie wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 20:56
We're both becoming full time foster carers as soon as we pass training. Meanwhile I'm helping him on eBay, he sells jewellery for a living.
Good luck with the foster caring, I would imagine it's going to be very hard but very rewarding.

Make sure them ebay parcels are addressed and packaged correctly!
Emohawk
Posts: 55
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 20:55
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by Emohawk »

nightcrawler wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 17:30
Pidleypoo wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 08:02
We are only 4 days in and loads of mail and we think over 1k tracked are coming back per day and no first class are being done because we’ve been told to do parcels.

Going really well.
But RM keep telling the media we don’t prioritise parcels lol.
We don't: we manage our workload when it excedes our ability to deliver. Completely different. :Very Happy
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: how long till you give up on the RM s**t show?

Post by TopperGas »

Emohawk wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2026, 18:16
nightcrawler wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 17:30
Pidleypoo wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2026, 08:02
We are only 4 days in and loads of mail and we think over 1k tracked are coming back per day and no first class are being done because we’ve been told to do parcels.

Going really well.
But RM keep telling the media we don’t prioritise parcels lol.
We don't: we manage our workload when it excedes our ability to deliver. Completely different. :Very Happy
It's interesting RM are now linking posties quarterly bonuses to delivering all their tracked items daily, how are they going to explain that ome away, that they are just trying to encourage us to deliver them in order to try and keep the DO clear of parcels purely on H&S grounds???