Not sure what working for Royal Mail has to do with it, the Royal Family have never paid our wages but anyhow you can't force people to respect the Queen that's completely illogical, she's a stranger who lives a life none of us can even comprehend.
It is on a par with religion, some believe and some don't but castigating non-believers as heretics is not a good look for any religion.
She's just a woman born into a life of privilege, flesh,bones and sticky stuff inside like anyone else, why pay her any more respect than Mrs Jones at number 28?
Agree with you completely, but i believe the OP is expecting/ hoping for more than Joe Average
because of the ROYAL connotation in his employers name but as we are all aware there has been
very little Royal in RM for long many a year so I don't expect he will be allowed to just down tools
and go home until after the ceremonies have taken place.
That's not what the OP is saying at all.
As part of "Operation London Bridge", all public institutions are supposed to (in theory) stop work immediately on news of the Queen's death. But these plans were drawn up along time ago, and in practice it just won't happen. There will however be a bank holiday for the funeral, and possibly a day of mourning and Charles' coronation.
You seem to be an ardent Royalist, I'm surprised you didn't know this.
The prime minister and the queen have agreed that the day of the state funeral will be a “Day of National Mourning.” This has also led to planning issues. The day will effectively be a bank holiday, although it will not be named as such. If the funeral falls on the weekend or an existing bank holiday, an extra bank holiday will not be granted. If the funeral falls on a weekday, the government does not plan to order employers to give employees the day off — the documents say that is a matter between employees and their staff.
The prime minister and the queen have agreed that the day of the state funeral will be a “Day of National Mourning.” This has also led to planning issues. The day will effectively be a bank holiday, although it will not be named as such. If the funeral falls on the weekend or an existing bank holiday, an extra bank holiday will not be granted. If the funeral falls on a weekday, the government does not plan to order employers to give employees the day off — the documents say that is a matter between employees and their staff.
In effect it's likely to be a normal working day for RM
IF the queens funeral is on any day other than a Sunday, I for one won't be coming to work. I can't believe that even the knobs that run Royal Mail aren't that stupid (can you imagine the (BAD) publicity they'd get for that)! But if they do, I'll explain why I'm not working (as a sign of respect to her majesty) and if they want to sack me they can go right ahead. F*** em. GSTQ
IF the queens funeral is on any day other than a Sunday, I for one won't be coming to work. I can't believe that even the knobs that run Royal Mail aren't that stupid (can you imagine the (BAD) publicity they'd get for that)! But if they do, I'll explain why I'm not working (as a sign of respect to her majesty) and if they want to sack me they can go right ahead. F*** em. GSTQ
Can i get the day off if jurgen klopp dies as i believe he is the king