ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
-
dtyssmshdchrb
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 14:55
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Rem the days when the union used to pull us outside for gate meeting photos all over the country , were in this together terry said ! Last few months is the worst pressure weve been under and union are invisible ! Sickness absence esp stress related is through the roof , simon said phone a helpline , thats an awful response .
-
biggiehud
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Hmm I see people haven’t woke up yet look around elite sports men and women tv broadcasters celebs are dropping like flies excess deaths all around the vaccinated world heart attacks strokes blood clots cancers hiv aids all on the rise what’s changed shots shots and more shots there gunna keep giving you shots till you die then sweep you under the carpet
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
I see someone has been watching YouTube videos.biggiehud wrote: ↑26 Nov 2021, 14:49Hmm I see people haven’t woke up yet look around elite sports men and women tv broadcasters celebs are dropping like flies excess deaths all around the vaccinated world heart attacks strokes blood clots cancers hiv aids all on the rise what’s changed shots shots and more shots there gunna keep giving you shots till you die then sweep you under the carpet
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Grow upbiggiehud wrote: ↑26 Nov 2021, 14:49Hmm I see people haven’t woke up yet look around elite sports men and women tv broadcasters celebs are dropping like flies excess deaths all around the vaccinated world heart attacks strokes blood clots cancers hiv aids all on the rise what’s changed shots shots and more shots there gunna keep giving you shots till you die then sweep you under the carpet
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
I prefer the lizard threads.biggiehud wrote: ↑26 Nov 2021, 14:49Hmm I see people haven’t woke up yet look around elite sports men and women tv broadcasters celebs are dropping like flies excess deaths all around the vaccinated world heart attacks strokes blood clots cancers hiv aids all on the rise what’s changed shots shots and more shots there gunna keep giving you shots till you die then sweep you under the carpet
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
There has and still is a very nasty cough going around lasts for ages and comes back when you think its gone. Id say fatigue is getting to a lot of us something managers have no idea about, yet still people get in early work their breaks and give the impression we can do more, ive had enough i will work to time id rather bring back then get the money for staying out in the cold n dark.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Could put it better myself, top post. Mentioning fruit cake has made me hungry though.dtyssmshdchrb wrote: ↑25 Nov 2021, 20:24Would it surprise you that humans, when walking 10+ miles a day in all conditions, 5/6 days a week, with an ever increasing workload and more and more psychological pressure from toxic management strategies start to suffer from all sorts of physical and mental ailments resulting in a sick absence? Yes? Thought so, you deluded fruit cake.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Couldn't. Darn phone.rambo1 wrote: ↑26 Nov 2021, 19:24Could put it better myself, top post. Mentioning fruit cake has made me hungry though.dtyssmshdchrb wrote: ↑25 Nov 2021, 20:24Would it surprise you that humans, when walking 10+ miles a day in all conditions, 5/6 days a week, with an ever increasing workload and more and more psychological pressure from toxic management strategies start to suffer from all sorts of physical and mental ailments resulting in a sick absence? Yes? Thought so, you deluded fruit cake.
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Why don't you encourage your staff to come in?
Pay them a bonus for their attendance.
I go to work every day I'm able, that's my way.
But if you have an outstanding attendance record what do you get?
I got a nice letter for 5 years no sick a coupe of years ago.
I threw it straight in the bin. Absolutely clueless. Backward organization.
Pay them a bonus for their attendance.
I go to work every day I'm able, that's my way.
But if you have an outstanding attendance record what do you get?
I got a nice letter for 5 years no sick a coupe of years ago.
I threw it straight in the bin. Absolutely clueless. Backward organization.
-
Clappedoutpostie
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
- Gender: Male
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
It is a bonus.
There's no discrimination.
There's no discrimination.
-
ArtG
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 24 Sep 2020, 09:01
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
I think a bonus for attendance is a bad idea. If someone has a transmittable disease or is carrying an injury, giving them an incentive to carry on working is just going to make matters worse. Also by suggesting it, you’re implying that going sick is a choice and that your workmates are piss-taking malingerers.
Last edited by ArtG on 27 Nov 2021, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
The pandemic isn't over.
Mask wearing has been close to non-existant in depot for months.
Van windows won't be open when OPGs van share over the winter.
And now here comes the super-transmittable "Omicron" variant from South Africa.
Mask wearing has been close to non-existant in depot for months.
Van windows won't be open when OPGs van share over the winter.
And now here comes the super-transmittable "Omicron" variant from South Africa.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: RMCtv : Simon Thomson : "Our current absence appears higher than it was during the pandemic"
Simon, mate....
It's common sense...
You are going down the route of.... lets under recruit and leave the staff to go over their time, clear double mail etc etc... do you not realise this destroys people mentally and physically?
You want to 'clear the office not just the frame'.... well that sounds like you want us working even further beyond our contracted hours and therefore want to mentally and physically destroy us even more.
How about...
You recruit the right amount of staff and you set the depots up so that each round is doable in our time. We walk 10+ miles a day, 5 days a week... it is ridiculous enough....so do not try to make us do even more you will obviously see more sickness if you do.
Making people have to work beyond their time just destroys them...and they leave. Meaning you have to recruit over and over again. May I ask how much it costs the company to have to recruit 1 Postperson? the time, the uniform, the driver training, the training, them learning new rounds and being slow to begin with.... it must cost a fortune each time....
Why not make the rounds doable in the time, have more flexible working, less harassment, correctly staffed offices.... and you will see far less people leaving.
I like the job. I would happily stay in the job for life.....I like being outdoors, I like that I am getting exercise, I like my colleagues, I like finishing early afternoon.......but there are a few things that are niggling away at me....
- I am shattered. It is too much exercise. I feel it in my legs and knees and it's only a matter of time before I will have serious physical issues.
- The workload is not doable in my contracted hours which causes me stress and makes it more physical than it should be.
These are 2 big issues against me staying in the job. I am someone who would happily stay for life, saving Royal Mail a fortune in recruitment costs, but pushing me further than you should physically and mentally will force me to leave the company.
It's common sense...
You are going down the route of.... lets under recruit and leave the staff to go over their time, clear double mail etc etc... do you not realise this destroys people mentally and physically?
You want to 'clear the office not just the frame'.... well that sounds like you want us working even further beyond our contracted hours and therefore want to mentally and physically destroy us even more.
How about...
You recruit the right amount of staff and you set the depots up so that each round is doable in our time. We walk 10+ miles a day, 5 days a week... it is ridiculous enough....so do not try to make us do even more you will obviously see more sickness if you do.
Making people have to work beyond their time just destroys them...and they leave. Meaning you have to recruit over and over again. May I ask how much it costs the company to have to recruit 1 Postperson? the time, the uniform, the driver training, the training, them learning new rounds and being slow to begin with.... it must cost a fortune each time....
Why not make the rounds doable in the time, have more flexible working, less harassment, correctly staffed offices.... and you will see far less people leaving.
I like the job. I would happily stay in the job for life.....I like being outdoors, I like that I am getting exercise, I like my colleagues, I like finishing early afternoon.......but there are a few things that are niggling away at me....
- I am shattered. It is too much exercise. I feel it in my legs and knees and it's only a matter of time before I will have serious physical issues.
- The workload is not doable in my contracted hours which causes me stress and makes it more physical than it should be.
These are 2 big issues against me staying in the job. I am someone who would happily stay for life, saving Royal Mail a fortune in recruitment costs, but pushing me further than you should physically and mentally will force me to leave the company.