ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Revision process in Delivery?
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
I could be wrong here , but aren't the number of hours annual leave meant to stay the same in the current leave year ?
-
Samh1206
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Oct 2018, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
Basically he is saying FTers have accrued holiday while working 38 hours a week, but after the revision will only get paid for 37 hours a week on holiday. Where as PTers will accrue holiday and take it for the same amount of hours, but after the revision will get paid more while on holiday.Schiff wrote: ↑16 Jul 2021, 10:05What has that got to do with anything?rambo1 wrote: ↑16 Jul 2021, 08:59I give up, honestly. I don't want to create a divide, I am mearly pointing out that for 6 weeks of the year when on annual leave, a part timer will have more in their pay packet than they did last yr , the full timer will have the same (taking into account the base pay rise everyone got regardless of contract hrs). I can't explain it any simpler.
Part-timers and full-timers both get an hourly pay rate increase of the same amount, and are both paid that same hourly rate when they are on leave. You clearly have some kind of problem with that and I really can't understand why.
Basically the FTer is currently accrueing holiday equivalent of 37 hours a week while working 38 hours a week. Which means they are getting paid less per hour of holiday, as they accrue it at the old hourly rate. Where as a PTer is accrueing holiday now at the higher hourly rate. Only really matters if you take all your holiday after the revision. But really the FTer should be paid for 38 hours of work while on leave after the revision as that's what they worked before to get the leave.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Difficult to make coherent.
Tldr: you work 38 hours a week, you should be paid for 38 hours a week holiday.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: The Revision process in Delivery?
I understand what u are saying. But u can look at it another way.Samh1206 wrote: ↑19 Jul 2021, 15:29
Basically he is saying FTers have accrued holiday while working 38 hours a week, but after the revision will only get paid for 37 hours a week on holiday. Where as PTers will accrue holiday and take it for the same amount of hours, but after the revision will get paid more while on holiday.
Basically the FTer is currently accrueing holiday equivalent of 37 hours a week while working 38 hours a week. Which means they are getting paid less per hour of holiday, as they accrue it at the old hourly rate. Where as a PTer is accrueing holiday now at the higher hourly rate. Only really matters if you take all your holiday after the revision. But really the FTer should be paid for 38 hours of work while on leave after the revision as that's what they worked before to get the leave.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Difficult to make coherent.
Tldr: you work 38 hours a week, you should be paid for 38 hours a week holiday.
A FTer is accrueing the equivalent of a 38hours per week leave. If the FTer takes the leave after the revision he/she should only be using up 37 hours leave per week. Annual Leave is done in hours now. Gets to use the extra 1hr another time. Still paid the equivalent of the old 38hr but using only 37hr.
I've had real bad luck with annual leave.
Was on 34hr contract and buying annual leave every year. I had 3 weeks carried over.
I dropped to a 25hr contract but they would only pay me 25hrs per week as week was calculated in weeks & days then. Essentially I lost out on 27hr (3weeks x 9hr) of pay.
I then increased my hours to 35hr. I had about 5 weeks of annual leave I carried over. Annual leave is now calculated in hours. My 5 weeks of leave now equates to 3&1/2 of weeks. Talk about bad luck.