I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Haha love it, this is how EVERY postman should be.Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
some one will be along soon enough to tell you we can't give out mail in the street..TheCobra wrote:I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Nowt wrong with Regal King Size ...Sidley wrote:Had one Waynetta yesterday, knocked and rang twice, all the time I could here her yacking to someone on the phone through the open window. She pulls me as I am working my way up the other side of her street Complaining that she was busy on the phone and couldn't answer the door. It's a f***ing mobile phone pet, you probably cook, piss and shag with it clamped to your orange face with a Regal king size in the other claw and yet you couldn't make it to the door. Sadly I had given her parcel to the driver who had just passed me a minute before she appeared and no I don't know his number and I think he returns to the office after the callers office is closed. I also don't know what you're going to do as you really needed that amazon packet for that day, but not badly enough to answer your f***ing door seemingly.
Is it me or do people have an enormous sense of entitlement these days?
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
widowmaker
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 16:42
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Does that apply even if you know the people do live at that address ?chooch wrote:some one will be along soon enough to tell you we can't give out mail in the street..TheCobra wrote:I just refuse to accomodate these people, I just say it's buried in with loads of other stuff and I have to put it through the door anyway. I'm not pissing about for people, we have enough time constraints as it is!widowmaker wrote:The customers who see you when you are at the beginning of your walk and ask you for their mail which is near the end of your walk and then complain when it takes too long because you have to turn the whole trolley to get it
i.e. not total strangers ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
officially - yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
widowmaker
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 19 Jan 2013, 16:42
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
CripesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:officially - yes
I wasnt told that during my training, however, there was lots i wasnt told during my training
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
yup, the Saturday brunchtime bacon sarnies, particularly when you have to walk right past the kitchen windowclashcityrocker wrote:I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
My first delivery point is a Chinese restaurant.crazyshrew wrote:yup, the Saturday brunchtime bacon sarnies, particularly when you have to walk right past the kitchen windowclashcityrocker wrote:I don't like customers who cook nice things, because I can smell them but can't eat them.
Not sure what they cook at that time of the morning but it smells wonderful.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Kindred
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 12:02
- Gender: Male
I often have customers say "I'll save yer legs" as they take their mail from (usually two feet away from their letterbox). When I take my bag off my shoulder, pass it over to them and say "thanks very much. I'll pop the kettle on and make some toast. Here's the van keys, there's another five bags to deliver in there" they suddenly adopt a different attitude.Lounge Lizard wrote:Dozens of them when handed mail say "I hope it's not more bills" or "If they're bills you can keep them" and think it's really funny as if noone has ever said that to a postman before.
- "you're alright, he doesn't bite"
- "you knock too loud. I've been told if you knock too hard on the glass in a upvc door, it loosens it" Honestly someone said this to me.
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
I do this with Special Deliveries when it gets close to 1PM, as it helps preclude the possibility of someone coming out to the van with a P739, wanting you to scan a Special after 1pm, flagging up a failure. I'd never do it with standard packets thoughStormproof wrote:or do the loop first, leaving her packets till last.cyberheater wrote:I'd start parking it just a bit further down.monkeymutha wrote:I'm thinking 'No, your a lazy bitch that knows I park the van outside your house and knew I would be coming back to the van in 5 mins so thought you don't need to answer the door just let the postie write his card out then grab him when he gets back'. Scum of the earth.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Caught my foot under a electric cable across the drive that was powering a bank of Christmas lights in a large tree, went arse over tit, mail all over the path, reported trip hazard 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Just wait till more and more people get electric cars and you have charging cables trailing cross the pavement