Iknockedtwice wrote:It will take you a little time to get up to speed but if you're going over by 2 hours every day then something is quite wrong.
Or its just super busy. I'm normally considered quick, even though I don't rush and at this time of year especially in the current situation
I've been running over most days
You'll get there. This is a weird time and it is going to get worse over the next months. Don't think it's your fault. You will get a bit quicker naturally. If you don't want to work over, Work out how many loops you can do in the time left and leave the rest in
Why is our overtime rate less than our standard rate per hour after the first ten hours this drops by upto 25% so if you do 7 hours overtime you are only getting paid for 5.15 hours. We are the only job where you get paid less for doing overtime so if a few hours are ghosted they were probably owed anyway!
I suppose if everyone was taken on as full-time less overtime would be needed or taken to live properly or a fair rate of pay given including a raise above inflation and workloads evened out between all workers might make the job more bearable for everyone not just the golden boys and girls.
But hey jobs will go mainly because some people are doing not much for their pay and leaving 2-3 hours early each day so I don't think overtime junkies are helping the situation but they aren't the only ones screwing the job.
Laziness is.....enjoy the rest of your day before we need a torch to deliver 7 days a week.....the end is nigh!
Iknockedtwice wrote:It will take you a little time to get up to speed but if you're going over by 2 hours every day then something is quite wrong.
Or its just super busy. I'm normally considered quick, even though I don't rush and at this time of year especially in the current situation
I've been running over most days
You'll get there. This is a weird time and it is going to get worse over the next months. Don't think it's your fault. You will get a bit quicker naturally. If you don't want to work over, Work out how many loops you can do in the time left and leave the rest in
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING. THAT'S WHY IT'S f****d.
He said running over - not running. Running over means working over contracted hours.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Blue46 wrote:Thanks again. My day off has been confirmed as every Tuesday and my route then becomes an additional lapsing route for everyone to cover, so I have no way to gauge timescales.
I'll take note of my location at 130pm, see what I still have left to do.
Thanks again
Until fairly recently Tuesday was considered a bad day to have off as it always used to be the lightest day of the week and we could sometimes finish a bit earlier. RM has swapped the mail volumes over from Monday to Tuesday now though but the duty hours have not been changed. Therefore if this is happening in your area as well then having a fixed Tuesday off could be a good deal.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Iknockedtwice wrote:It will take you a little time to get up to speed but if you're going over by 2 hours every day then something is quite wrong.
Or its just super busy. I'm normally considered quick, even though I don't rush and at this time of year especially in the current situation
I've been running over most days
You'll get there. This is a weird time and it is going to get worse over the next months. Don't think it's your fault. You will get a bit quicker naturally. If you don't want to work over, Work out how many loops you can do in the time left and leave the rest in
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING. THAT'S WHY IT'S f****d.
He said running over - not running. Running over means working over contracted hours.
Yes that's correct. If you look at a couple of comments above this one you will see that I corrected my mistake and said sorry. Maybe you were to tired to notice.
If it's ok with you have take that extra day off.but when you do come in you may have extra work on the walk you are working on.as managers are rolling over walks to the next day..in our office ant
anyway.not sure about yours,but then with that extra work comes extra time to complete. So your back to square one
25hrs should not be over 5 days, simple. There is no way on this earth this would work for you to complete a duty each day. Stick to your hours and get a rep involved to push this back to a 4 day week
Iknockedtwice wrote:It will take you a little time to get up to speed but if you're going over by 2 hours every day then something is quite wrong.
Or its just super busy. I'm normally considered quick, even though I don't rush and at this time of year especially in the current situation
I've been running over most days
You'll get there. This is a weird time and it is going to get worse over the next months. Don't think it's your fault. You will get a bit quicker naturally. If you don't want to work over, Work out how many loops you can do in the time left and leave the rest in