ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are we preparing for Christmas?
-
bluempl
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
Does anyone know if Dec 28th will be an ordinary working day or not? It's technically a bank holiday I believe as Boxing Day falls on a Saturday
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
It’s a bank holiday
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
I am probably overlooking something glaringly obvious but I shall plough on ...HTPostman wrote:I agree.....However my contract says I’m to be available to work 7am until 7pm, Mon to Sat (including bank holidays if required!!). I’m going to assume the contracts of my PT colleagues who all started at a similar time to me are all similar.Sir Henry wrote:Surely it would depend on the individual contracts whether folk are obligated to start work at that time or not?HTPostman wrote:Rumours in our office that all PT staff will be starting at 12.30, no exceptions. We will see
Run it by the rep.
In short, I’ve not got a leg to stand on if I’m told to start at 12.30.
I am sure I read somewhere that if you have been working specific hours long enough ifor instance,most of the year up until now, RM must give you notice if they plan on changing them despite what it says in your contract, (there are miles of cow turd masquerading as fact/law in RM literature)
I must sound like a broken record but collar your rep and pick their brains, if they just shrug and trot out the RM party line try the area rep and explain why you're bothering them instead of office rep.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
That's not true. Had Johnson decided he didn't want a lockdown, like Sweden which was the orginal plan, we'd not have had a lockdown. Sweden are now in a far better place than us with infections currently declining rather than rising like everywhere else in Europe. The government was spooked by Ferguson's (now discredited) modeling which showed half a million deaths without a lockdown. Researce by Bristol Uni now suggests the peak happened weeks before lockdown, and cases were on the way down when it was imposed. Given the incompetence the government has displayed thus far though, a second lockdown wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.Cedar_Room wrote:Curious as to why folk are saying we’ll be back in full lockdown before Xmas? I’m not disagreeing with you,it just seems that this inept government are determined to get back to normal,ASAP,no matter what. Boris the Bastard didn’t want to go into any sort of lockdown in the first place if reports are to be believed. Struggling to see him going back there
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
I think this will be the worse Christmas ever seen
Parcels will be crazy. Looks like lockdown 2 is coming for Christmas
Rule of 6 also means families won't be socialising. So I'm expecting 1980s levels of christmas cards
Parcels will be crazy. Looks like lockdown 2 is coming for Christmas
Rule of 6 also means families won't be socialising. So I'm expecting 1980s levels of christmas cards
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
Social distancing will go out the window once we start getting the xmas casuals and start processing both inward and outward at the same time
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Are we preparing for Christmas?
Social distancing will only go out the window if WE let it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
I should hope so, they have a population density of 25 per Sqkm, we have a population density of 275 per Sqkm.Sweden are now in a far better place than us
They also have a Covid19 deaths per million rate which is 10 times higher than the countries surrounding them and not much lower than ours.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
It will go out the window as there physically won't be the room with outward setups on top of inward setups plus all the xmas casuals on the top of the normal casuals and regular staffclashcityrocker wrote:Social distancing will only go out the window if WE let it.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Are we preparing for Christmas?
It’s a disgrace the way that some of our part time people are being treated. I try and help them out as much as I can but the bullying that goes on to get them to stay out all hours and do lapsing is incredibleHTPostman wrote:Rumours in our office that all PT staff will be starting at 12.30, no exceptions. We will see.
There has to be a plan though. It’s clear as usual we won’t get extra vans or staff.
I think if they decide to go with 12.30 starts for PTers it should only be packet deliveries. Some of us have had to wait until 2pm for a van, imagine starting a round at 2.30pm knowing in an hour it will be dark. It’s not so bad if you’re only doing parcels.
Hopefully there’s no election material this year as well!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Are we preparing for Christmas?
We now have 1500 elves and 10 Santa Claus's who we can deploy them anywhere in the nation we also have a special flight slot to Geneva but it is spare capacity we are still looking for a CEO who will not take more than £1 million but hey that is way it goes sometimes!