I think you’re right there, we have somewhere in the region of 140 rounds and I know 40 of them. Our office is split by postcode and I find some areas are better for morale, colleagues will help you a bit more, frames more up to date and more tidy. That improves morale somewhat. Then you get put in another area where frames are a mess, D2Ds dumped all over, huge pile of kill offs and no one has a spare minute to tell you where XYZ goes.Munchboii wrote:I find that if you are in a small rural office (5-20 rounds) then the morale is higher than in an office of say 50 rounds.
Why this is im not exactly sure however one theory I have is that the reserves in the smaller offices may only be expected to know a quarter of the rounds say 5 out of 20. Whereas a reserve in a larger office of 50 rounds may on paper only be expected to know 5 but in reality will know around 12 rounds and be thrown onto rounds blind at a frequent rate.
Therefore the reserves in a smaller office can be happier and this factor can greatly increase the teamwork ethic in a DO, thus creating morale.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Morale
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Morale
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Morale
But you stay, it cant be that baddohnut wrote:Thisrodtheplod wrote:I've been at RM for about 4 years and spent over 25 years in other industries and jobs and I have never been in such a toxic work place. How it hasn't yet kicked off physically is a miracle.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Morale
Because the alternative, at least for me is just as bad, but that doesn't mean that this job isn't a constant grind every day, and more so since the lock down.HA1 wrote:But you stay, it cant be that baddohnut wrote:Thisrodtheplod wrote:I've been at RM for about 4 years and spent over 25 years in other industries and jobs and I have never been in such a toxic work place. How it hasn't yet kicked off physically is a miracle.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Morale
Toxic is the right word for our office. Never worked in such a bitchy, arse licking, backstabbing place and don't get me started on reps and managers.There r some of us who want to do a good job and help customers out but after a while that hoes out of the window and you get bogged down like everybody else. RM needs a radical change. It's not the 70s anymore.last place I was there for 15 yrs and before that 10yrs,never seen a place run soooo badly, Yes I would leave if there was another job to go too.
-
circles
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 08:21
- Gender: Male
Morale
I don't understand.noggin1969 wrote:Well that was the 3rd resignation of the week this morning. Followed the usual non RM approved standard of " Stick your f*****g job up your a**e " procedure. I know RM don't care as it just cuts the head count. But how bad has morale got to be in this economic climate for people to just blow and jack it in ?
Why the hell didn't they sign off on the Pat n Mick?