ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best/Worse smells on walks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by goldy »

Deliver to cabinet makers is nice the smell of wood beeswax and shellac, Sausage and onions cooking is good, and curry. Worst is dirty nappies mixed with fags or weed (and other drugs) plus general dirty homes.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry
With you on that one. I hate everything about a banana. Smell taste texture. The things need abolishing from this planet :left:
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by krussel »

Best. Fresh cut grass. The smell after you get a heavy shower of rain in the summer. Delivering to flats above a chippy.

Worse. Yes the heavy weed smell (worse in lockdown). Smelly green bin day. Rotten maggoty bin bags left in summer heat for 2 weeks. Yuk.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by FirstPost »

multiple nappies left in the porch on a sweltering summers day
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by postslippete »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging
Did you know that women in China are banned from eating bananas in an erotic manner.

I guess that means you have to eat them sideways.

Thought they ate everything with chopsticks??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by Interested-seeker »

Worst: Bin lorries, dog poo and wee, rotting food, cigarette smoke, bonfires and vomit.

Best: Freshly cut grass, roast dinners, logfires, and flowers.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Best: Freshly cut grass. :Very Happy

Worst: Freshly cut grass while suffering from hay fever. :sad:
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by Dindin »

The pollen in nice gardens is unbearable on a hot day.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by twoloops »

I have a few streets that smell like the best Indian restaurant in the world.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I'm thinking of spraying some deodorant like Old Spice, Lynx or Axe on the inside of my face mask so that I can walk along my loops and say, "Mmmm... That's the best smell I've experienced in months."
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by Dindin »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:I'm thinking of spraying some deodorant like Old Spice, Lynx or Axe on the inside of my face mask so that I can walk along my loops and say, "Mmmm... That's the best smell I've experienced in months."
that's the equivalent of glue sniffing.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Best/Worse smells on walks

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Dindin wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I'm thinking of spraying some deodorant like Old Spice, Lynx or Axe on the inside of my face mask so that I can walk along my loops and say, "Mmmm... That's the best smell I've experienced in months."
that's the equivalent of glue sniffing.
That might make the job less boring. :wink: :whistle