Do what we do give the walker extra loop/s so you can finish the packets and finish at roughly the same time.(NOT eligable on saturdays from now)themailman wrote:lol.
Drivers - every single second worked.
Passengers -START on street regardless of contracted hours, do delivery and go home.
All under the guise of social distancing.
I can't even be bothered with it anymore. Now the guys starting in street will have Mon-Fri jobs and on full pay for 60-80% of hours worked.
I'll lose my current rotation for a 1 in 6.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
-
kirakk
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 19:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Nearest pub
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
No they aren't fair. Mind you they weren't fair before all this kicked off.
There are people at our place going home long before their time. I'm talking 2 hours here. Those with HCT routes that don't take oversize. Now with the reduction in letters they still won't take any medium size stuff off their driver. They are going out with half a trolley then heading off home early. There are pouch boxes along their walk for them to have bags dropped into but they won't use them to help the driver out. It's all me, me, me.
I sound bitter and I'm not even their driver
Just want as fair a workload for all as I can get.
There are people at our place going home long before their time. I'm talking 2 hours here. Those with HCT routes that don't take oversize. Now with the reduction in letters they still won't take any medium size stuff off their driver. They are going out with half a trolley then heading off home early. There are pouch boxes along their walk for them to have bags dropped into but they won't use them to help the driver out. It's all me, me, me.
I sound bitter and I'm not even their driver
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Same here. Only there are 6 of us part timers coming in at 1pm, so we are all competing for any van that comes back and then if it’s a busy day and the early workers are a bit later back we start having to battle collections staff for free vans that return. Seniority is alive and well when it comes to being given a van.Jamesfr3man wrote:This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!
For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked
Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.
It doesn’t bother me, I asked to work later and it works well for me. And I don’t care if I have to sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van to a collections driver who’s just arrived 5mins ago just cos he’s his mate even though I let him know an hour previously I’d like the next van. It’s just mad when you have 600 calls to make having to compete with a collections driver for a van, and the longer you’re sat around the less Mail/packets you can deliver in your 5 or so hours. My record was still waiting at 3pm for a van, by the time I got out I managed 4 bags then returned. Dreadful planning by management.
On the other hand, when you get back to the depot at 6pm there’s no managers around and anyway hardly any frames are clear so it’s easy to just pop back any bags you didn’t have time to do back into the frame.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
The other day I started work at 11.30, and at 11.15am two HCT guys were leisurely strolling back through the yard. Unbelievable.kookoo32 wrote:No they aren't fair. Mind you they weren't fair before all this kicked off.
There are people at our place going home long before their time. I'm talking 2 hours here. Those with HCT routes that don't take oversize. Now with the reduction in letters they still won't take any medium size stuff off their driver. They are going out with half a trolley then heading off home early. There are pouch boxes along their walk for them to have bags dropped into but they won't use them to help the driver out. It's all me, me, me.
I sound bitter and I'm not even their driverJust want as fair a workload for all as I can get.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
andyman606
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Everything depends on the office they are all different.....at ours the senior boys have cushi numbers 2:5 hour walks the drivers start at 6 finish at 10:30 to 12:30 and some drivers do two duties each day by 12:30 so are paid 14:5 hours a day for 6 hours work £50k a year double bubble + each hour hello!! So then we come to the part time kids that work every second of there hours a week then get thrown around the office and then given the largest non senior lapsing after doing all the shite walks. So some senior postmen and especially the drivers are getting paid full-time wages sometimes double this for doing the same hours as part time staff....not fair frankly a joke and causes a lot of tension....why are some men getting twice the wage for less hours each week Arse kissing and somewhat senior....so for part timers they are working in a different company already!
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
It’s absurg, it really is. At Christmas I’m usually doing more hours than a full timer but get paid less hours in my bonus. But that’s for another topic.andyman606 wrote:Everything depends on the office they are all different.....at ours the senior boys have cushi numbers 2:5 hour walks the drivers start at 6 finish at 10:30 to 12:30 and some drivers do two duties each day by 12:30 so are paid 14:5 hours a day for 6 hours work £50k a year double bubble + each hour hello!! So then we come to the part time kids that work every second of there hours a week then get thrown around the office and then given the largest non senior lapsing after doing all the shite walks. So some senior postmen and especially the drivers are getting paid full-time wages sometimes double this for doing the same hours as part time staff....not fair frankly a joke and causes a lot of tension....why are some men getting twice the wage for less hours each week Arse kissing and somewhat senior....so for part timers they are working in a different company already!
Most PT in my office are now doing 1pm till 6pm. They get to their yorks of oversized packets when they come in and find down at the bottom or pushed through the bars at the side tracked parcels for other walks. I’ve heard allegations of at least 2 morning staff being seen getting rid of packets on their own walk by doing that. And because the PT is doing the last wave of work that day he has to take them or the tracked are failed, which no manager wants. We are all in it together though....
If Rico is going to ramroad his way through the business I at least hope he makes it so you work the hours you’re paid for.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Terrible management if you have to use seniority in order to get a van. This is basic stuff, not rocket scienceHTPostman wrote:Same here. Only there are 6 of us part timers coming in at 1pm, so we are all competing for any van that comes back and then if it’s a busy day and the early workers are a bit later back we start having to battle collections staff for free vans that return. Seniority is alive and well when it comes to being given a van.Jamesfr3man wrote:This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!
For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked
Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.
It doesn’t bother me, I asked to work later and it works well for me. And I don’t care if I have to sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van to a collections driver who’s just arrived 5mins ago just cos he’s his mate even though I let him know an hour previously I’d like the next van. It’s just mad when you have 600 calls to make having to compete with a collections driver for a van, and the longer you’re sat around the less Mail/packets you can deliver in your 5 or so hours. My record was still waiting at 3pm for a van, by the time I got out I managed 4 bags then returned. Dreadful planning by management.
On the other hand, when you get back to the depot at 6pm there’s no managers around and anyway hardly any frames are clear so it’s easy to just pop back any bags you didn’t have time to do back into the frame.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Oh of course, I work my hours (unless I’m allowed OT in which case I make sure I get paid every minute), take my breaks, don’t use my car.Jamesfr3man wrote:Terrible management if you have to use seniority in order to get a van. This is basic stuff, not rocket scienceHTPostman wrote:Same here. Only there are 6 of us part timers coming in at 1pm, so we are all competing for any van that comes back and then if it’s a busy day and the early workers are a bit later back we start having to battle collections staff for free vans that return. Seniority is alive and well when it comes to being given a van.Jamesfr3man wrote:This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!
For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked
Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.
It doesn’t bother me, I asked to work later and it works well for me. And I don’t care if I have to sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van to a collections driver who’s just arrived 5mins ago just cos he’s his mate even though I let him know an hour previously I’d like the next van. It’s just mad when you have 600 calls to make having to compete with a collections driver for a van, and the longer you’re sat around the less Mail/packets you can deliver in your 5 or so hours. My record was still waiting at 3pm for a van, by the time I got out I managed 4 bags then returned. Dreadful planning by management.
On the other hand, when you get back to the depot at 6pm there’s no managers around and anyway hardly any frames are clear so it’s easy to just pop back any bags you didn’t have time to do back into the frame.When you said you have to "sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van" I hope you put this hour towards your total working hours? If there is no van for you when you arrive for work then its their problem not yours. Always work your hours and take your breaks!
All RM do is take the pi**
I said to the locker idiot that time I don’t mind sitting here for the full 5 hours waiting then I’ll go home, doesn’t bother me, like you say not my problem.
I’ve seen more experienced postmen push in front of new starters in the queue for the specials. Borderline bullying. I’m not exactly a huge fan of management but there’s a huge chunk of the workforce here who’ll do anything to climb above you and save themselves a few minutes.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
How much lapsing you doMunchboii wrote:Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
None at all all of our rounds get covered, and also they are all to time so we rarely finish early anywayLaggyBand wrote:How much lapsing you doMunchboii wrote:Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Munchboii wrote:Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today
And how many parcels in the yorks, 10 giant amazon ones in each for 50 altogether?
Or are you some sort of super postie that can deliver 400 parcels and all the mail and double lapsing in 4 hours?
Fair play to you if you did have several hundred parcels and got them all delivered, however, in general we seem to have more packets / parcels than at Xmas, double lapsing as well and still expected to get it all done on time, whilst being told the company is making no money.
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Too lazy to read every reply lol. But anyway in my small DO it is absolutely radio rental and has been for what 3-4 weeks now!? Worse than Christmas (just), an absolute tonne of parcels (mail usually do-able) 3 sacks of packets before you even get to the mental amount of tracked parcels. Two trolleys everyday (yes even on Tuesdays) the last two weeks I have most days (apart from today got back at office at 15:03) been able to get back to office, before my time, at say 14:05 wish sometimes a bit later, only because most people are in so only writing out one or two dockets a day. I just can't believe so many people are at home ordering stuff, they must be getting it on plastic as the same people daily are getting multiple packets, this has got to ease off surely? Anyway i try not to stress and enjoy the exercise, it could be worse!