ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I can't face going in

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Quite an uncalled for comment
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

Dindin wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Quite an uncalled for comment
I don't see why anybody should be driven out of the job by bullying management .
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by hawkeye622 »

Mattjo you never have anything nice to say on any thread. Get over yourself you absolute fool !!!
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by postslippete »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
I love the job and still do even though it's changed a lot over the years. We never used to employ the overrunning procedure but now it's more common im finding that managers seem to be giving staff grief if they don't wish to do any overtime. Yes I know Xmas is just round the corner and everything but I'm not asking the gaffer for 4 loops off - just a loop off or some packets off here and there.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

I can't face going in

Post by norris9 »

postslippete wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
I love the job and still do even though it's changed a lot over the years. We never used to employ the overrunning procedure but now it's more common im finding that managers seem to be giving staff grief if they don't wish to do any overtime. Yes I know Xmas is just round the corner and everything but I'm not asking the gaffer for 4 loops off - just a loop off or some packets off here and there.
Yes people should do overtime....to knacker their bodies even more so they are so exhausted they can't stand.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

I struggle when I get home and sometimes I find it hard to walk down stairs because my ankles hurt my legs throb I have constant fear of cutting off eg a sarky on a Tuesday from a lino comment. No way am I leaving for nothing mattjo
Dingo99
Posts: 122
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dingo99 »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Sorry sir, but you are talking rubbish! I have done the job for 10 years and want to change but I can't as unemployment in my area in the S.East of Kent is rife and I can't find other full time employment (let alone anything that pays as good) so no, you sometimes can't just leave. Can't draw the dole (not that I want to) if you make yourself unemployed!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I can't face going in

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So you are not capable of making a decision yourself. Very disappointing from an adult
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Are you purposely ignoring my requests not to troll, or that when people ask for advice, give it or don't post in that thread?

As you seem incapable of following a reasonable request I am issuing a board warning and looking at other possible actions to limit your disruption of this board. If you continue to disrupt you may be banned.

Just to reiterate, if you disagree with a thread asking for advice start a new thread and make your point without ad hominem attacks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by work »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So you are not capable of making a decision yourself. Very disappointing from an adult
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Are you purposely ignoring my requests not to troll, or that when people ask for advice, give it or don't post in that thread?

As you seem incapable of following a reasonable request I am issuing a board warning and looking at other possible actions to limit your disruption of this board. If you continue to disrupt you may be banned.

Just to reiterate, if you disagree with a thread asking for advice start a new thread and make your point without ad hominem attacks.


:Applause Sir, you are a gentleman :thumbup
mattjo1 you are not. :no no
Dindin YOU are stronger than you think you are...the sarky/ nasty mattjo1-types will always be lurking, turning their bile and bitterness on others to make themselves feel better about their 'lot' in life...remember you Dindin, have done nothing wrong and should hold your head high with dignity in that knowledge. Stay strong. Stay gold! :Very Happy
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

work wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So you are not capable of making a decision yourself. Very disappointing from an adult
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Are you purposely ignoring my requests not to troll, or that when people ask for advice, give it or don't post in that thread?

As you seem incapable of following a reasonable request I am issuing a board warning and looking at other possible actions to limit your disruption of this board. If you continue to disrupt you may be banned.

Just to reiterate, if you disagree with a thread asking for advice start a new thread and make your point without ad hominem attacks.


:Applause Sir, you are a gentleman :thumbup
mattjo1 you are not. :no no
Dindin YOU are stronger than you think you are...the sarky/ nasty mattjo1-types will always be lurking, turning their bile and bitterness on others to make themselves feel better about their 'lot' in life...remember you Dindin, have done nothing wrong and should hold your head high with dignity in that knowledge. Stay strong. Stay gold! :Very Happy
Thanks for the decent comment Work
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

I can't face going in

Post by krussel »

Dindin wrote:I struggle when I get home and sometimes I find it hard to walk down stairs because my ankles hurt my legs throb I have constant fear of cutting off eg a sarky on a Tuesday from a lino comment. No way am I leaving for nothing mattjo
The stress can be very real esp this time of year. A few years ago i was on a very unbalanced duty over xmas and was finishing around 2 hours later than most. I was getting hassle from the managers for extending and hassle from the OPG's as they were waiting for the van to start SA collections.

The pressure built up and i ended up not sleeping worrying about going in each day. In the end i had to go off sick for a few days just to sleep. Coming back i spoke to my rep and he arranged that part of my delivery was advanced in the prep stage which did help me get finished earlier.

Sometimes you have to speak to someone and admit your struggling under pressure. Speak to your rep or your manager and make them aware how your feeling.

Best of luck.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

I can't face going in

Post by Brandy »

Dindin wrote:
work wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So you are not capable of making a decision yourself. Very disappointing from an adult
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:If you don't like the job leave, its not a hard decision is it.
Are you purposely ignoring my requests not to troll, or that when people ask for advice, give it or don't post in that thread?

As you seem incapable of following a reasonable request I am issuing a board warning and looking at other possible actions to limit your disruption of this board. If you continue to disrupt you may be banned.

Just to reiterate, if you disagree with a thread asking for advice start a new thread and make your point without ad hominem attacks.


:Applause Sir, you are a gentleman :thumbup
mattjo1 you are not. :no no
Dindin YOU are stronger than you think you are...the sarky/ nasty mattjo1-types will always be lurking, turning their bile and bitterness on others to make themselves feel better about their 'lot' in life...remember you Dindin, have done nothing wrong and should hold your head high with dignity in that knowledge. Stay strong. Stay gold! :Very Happy
Thanks for the decent comment Work
Yes just ignore the nasty comments,they are just trying to wind posties up,and arnt worth commenting on.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

The aggressive dom has been off and it's actually much better .
Daymon18
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2018, 21:13
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Daymon18 »

I’m in the same position myself, I’ve gone over by at least an hour every day for the last month (even when I’ve stated I need to finish on time but get given the guilt trip by management).. I release others go over as well because of Xmas, election material etc, but I’m moved near enough everyday to walks I don’t know and am not give any help with taking a bit of the work load off me. Been working for Royal Mail for 2 and a bit years now but I’m still in my mid 20s so think I’ve decided screw this and I’m leaving, don’t need the stress or arguments every day.