ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Overtime

Post by clashcityrocker »

number one wrote:
You’re wrong.

So if everybody refuses to do overtime then what? Customers suffer, businesses suffer, Royal Mails performance sufferers then what? The Mail needs to be delivered each day!
I'm wrong about what? About what it states in our business standards?
Nobody has suggested that nobody does overtime, simply that they get paid for the hours that they work.
Like everyone else.

If the DOM offers me 2 hours overtime to come in early in the morning do I just turn up 1 hour early and still claim 2 because I think I should be paid double time?
If I cover the late or Sunday shift in the callers office do I close the door 2 hours early because I think I am entitled to some ghost docket?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by postmanzach »

citypostie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:You must:
• not claim money from the company for hours you did
not work;

• not claim money for a journey you did not make;
• not claim an expense you did not legitimately have
to pay; or
• not use inside information about a company transaction for
personal profit.
All the above are unacceptable and may be treated as gross
misconduct, which could result in your dismissal.
If theft or
fraud is involved, we may prosecute.
Most of the ghost is claimed against absence so if someone is off and the hours for that duty are 8.30 and they pay 2 people 2.30 each to deliver it and absorb the indoor work royal mail have saved 3.30 that they would have to pay to a permanent leave reserve. Thats why royal mail run with loads of vacancies, if they ever reallly decide to stop ghost it will cost them a fortune. According to georute if a loop takes 45 minutes and thats what they pay for it, if someone does it quicker theyve still done the overtime its not like they are claiming for it then leaving it in the frame until the next day so in effect they are claiming money from the company for hours that have been budgeted for. If i remember rightly when some posties and managers got sacked for ghost claiming it was in a mailcentre and they where claiming for hours when no actual work was being done a bit different to someone actually delivering mail against an absence.
well said.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by number one »

clashcityrocker wrote:
number one wrote:
You’re wrong.

So if everybody refuses to do overtime then what? Customers suffer, businesses suffer, Royal Mails performance sufferers then what? The Mail needs to be delivered each day!
I'm wrong about what? About what it states in our business standards?
Nobody has suggested that nobody does overtime, simply that they get paid for the hours that they work.
Like everyone else.

If the DOM offers me 2 hours overtime to come in early in the morning do I just turn up 1 hour early and still claim 2 because I think I should be paid double time?
If I cover the late or Sunday shift in the callers office do I close the door 2 hours early because I think I am entitled to some ghost docket?
If you get asked to come in 2 hours early but there is only 30 minutes worth of work would you accept just 30 minutes pay because you haven’t been doing anythyfor an hour and half or would you expect 2 hrs?

Has there been a time you have finished your duty early? Would you accept having your wages docked?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by number one »

number one wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
number one wrote:
You’re wrong.

So if everybody refuses to do overtime then what? Customers suffer, businesses suffer, Royal Mails performance sufferers then what? The Mail needs to be delivered each day!
I'm wrong about what? About what it states in our business standards?
Nobody has suggested that nobody does overtime, simply that they get paid for the hours that they work.
Like everyone else.

If the DOM offers me 2 hours overtime to come in early in the morning do I just turn up 1 hour early and still claim 2 because I think I should be paid double time?
If I cover the late or Sunday shift in the callers office do I close the door 2 hours early because I think I am entitled to some ghost docket?
If you get asked to come in 2 hours early but there is only 30 minutes worth of work would you accept just 30 minutes pay because you haven’t been doing anythyfor an hour and half or would you expect 2 hrs?

Has there been a time you have finished your duty early? Would you accept having your wages docked?
Can anybody answer this?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by number one »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Who disciplines them? Area manager? He knows about it, Sector Manager? He knows about it. Regional Director? She knows about it.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

2Shedz wrote:Then that's acceptable.I have the same trouble in my office.continual non payment

I told my manager if ya don't pay it in money then im taking it back in time

Stupid efficiency saving comments from a manager
And i answered if u want effiency why are Royal Mail paying managers wages to someone delivering mail

And he said we are down in profit and money
So i said then why are you paying someone £640,000 a year to work one day a week
Royal Mail more money than sense.ha ha ha

Smiffy
Hmmm thats interesting your manager knew we were down on profit a day before they put out a profit warning that sent the sp down 30% in two days. Would have thought that would be insider information ,no?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Who disciplines them? Area manager? He knows about it, Sector Manager? He knows about it. Regional Director? She knows about it.
rico.back@royalmail.com
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by number one »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Who disciplines them? Area manager? He knows about it, Sector Manager? He knows about it. Regional Director? She knows about it.
rico.back@royalmail.com

Yeah I’m sure he’s going to get involved with a postie earning and extra £9 for helping the company achieve its USO
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by rambo1 »

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Who disciplines them? Area manager? He knows about it, Sector Manager? He knows about it. Regional Director? She knows about it.
rico.back@royalmail.com

Yeah I’m sure he’s going to get involved with a postie earning and extra £9 for helping the company achieve its USO
He may be interested in one of his DOM's signing away 2 hrs work for 45 mins when the company is in the shxt. If you're not prepared to do anything, don't moan about it. It's one annonymous email. See what comes of it. Whenever I had problems I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome when I emailed moya. If you have a problem, go to the top.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by number one »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Who disciplines them? Area manager? He knows about it, Sector Manager? He knows about it. Regional Director? She knows about it.
rico.back@royalmail.com

Yeah I’m sure he’s going to get involved with a postie earning and extra £9 for helping the company achieve its USO
He may be interested in one of his DOM's signing away 2 hrs work for 45 mins when the company is in the shxt. If you're not prepared to do anything, don't moan about it. It's one annonymous email. See what comes of it. Whenever I had problems I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome when I emailed moya. If you have a problem, go to the top.
You’ve got it wrong, I don’t have a problem with it. I quite enjoy it actually as I do lots of overtime. I was defending the extra pay against the allegation if it being wrong and fraudulent
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by postmanzach »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
how about full timers coming back over an hour early and going home, then they pay someone an hour over time to go clear up some lapsing.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by citypostie »

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:the managers should be reported for fraud to ib
Fraud?? You really need to look up that definition as it isn’t fraud
If a manager is signing off 2 hrs overtime when he knows and it's on the time sheets and can be proven with pda actuals that the postie is doing it in 45 mins, it IS A DISCIPLINARY OFFENCE. If you wanna get rid of your Dom, flag it up via whistleblowing and I guarantee they'll be gone, especially now with efficiency drive on.
Funny you say that i know a manager who was told by his dsm and the regional director to stop paying people overtime that didnt tally with the pda actuals. He said he would but no one would do overtime so would be failing 4 or more deliveries a day. They backed down and he carried on doing the only thing he could to clear his office. The day they get serious about stopping it will be the day they need to employ lots more staff or they will end up with uso failures all over the country every day. Last saturday in my office there was 8 deliveries to cover (60 deliveries in office) About 6 people where willing to do any extra and out of them only 1 would do it if it took him past his finish time. The majority in my office would rather drag it out until their finish time, if a few want to work faster than me and do half a round on overtime why shouldnt it be worth their time and effort? If theyre doing twice as much work as me in the same time why shouldnt they get the extra cash or would it be better if it went to the savings pot and eventually paid out in dividends?
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Overtime

Post by Navalron »

I find it really sad that you went to managers about someone else's hours. As long as you get your hours that you worked/ agreed then that's it. If I had been the gaffer I would have told you to eff off. No wonder the job is f****d. Why don't YOU negotiate hours for docket without grassing. :no no
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Overtime

Post by clashcityrocker »

Navalron wrote:I find it really sad that you went to managers about someone else's hours. As long as you get your hours that you worked/ agreed then that's it. If I had been the gaffer I would have told you to eff off. No wonder the job is f****d. Why don't YOU negotiate hours for docket without grassing. :no no
Firstly we expect fairness in the workplace. We don't expect the bosses' favourites to be given more money for doing the same work.
Sometimes you have to shine a light into the murky corners of RM and let everyone see the s**t that is lurking there.
Sometimes you have to have the conkers to speak truth to those in power.
Favouritism isn't acceptable.

Why should any of us have to negotiate our own overtime rates? What next - negotiating our own attendance procedure or our own conduct code?
Isn't that what we pay our union fees for?
We may not like the overtime rates that our union has negotiated on our behalf but that isn't a reason to go in and undermine them.

No wonder the job is f****d with colleagues who are happy to take it up the arse without complaining.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.