ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by LaggyBand »

How does one know for sure if it’s active tomorrow? Assume for the purposes of this question that local rep and Lino answer “dunno”, area rep is MIA and DOM answers “No”
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by Celgar »

Nothing will happen as a result of this latest hour of SWW for the time being and most of us will carry on as we have up til now. Most rules and especially ones that work in our favour are not generally enforced within RM. We will have to wait until the next time offices get their walks reworked for this change to be taken into consideration. If at that point the PDA and AHDC data can be used to determine how long walks are we will be in a much better position. Until then it's more freebie time for RM.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by Celgar »

LaggyBand wrote:How does one know for sure if it’s active tomorrow? Assume for the purposes of this question that local rep and Lino answer “dunno”, area rep is MIA and DOM answers “No”
Your DOM and local rep should know and you should have been informed if the SWW is active in your office from tomorrow and where the deducted time will be taken from. To be honest for the time being it has no effect but it is a sign of complete managerial incompetence for you not to have been informed what is happening in your DO.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
matthew68
Posts: 517
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by matthew68 »

Our manager has told part-timers to come in before full time as from tomorrow it’s ridiculous as next week I am working with a part timer who will start before me LOL he is a runner and he’s going to be well pissed off with me when I coming on my time take my 20 minute break and leave him waiting for 45 minutes until I’m tied up ready to go. I would also use the trolley on delivery and try the neighbours and then bring mail back which I will tell the manager in advance I will be doing All these idiots coming in early are going to cause a big problems for the manager to sort out. Glad it’s not my problem I just do the hours on the job properly and I’m starting to cut off as I’m fed up of going fast and helping and will do the job properly and by the book
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by number one »

matthew68 wrote:Our manager has told part-timers to come in before full time as from tomorrow it’s ridiculous as next week I am working with a part timer who will start before me LOL he is a runner and he’s going to be well pissed off with me when I coming on my time take my 20 minute break and leave him waiting for 45 minutes until I’m tied up ready to go. I would also use the trolley on delivery and try the neighbours and then bring mail back which I will tell the manager in advance I will be doing All these idiots coming in early are going to cause a big problems for the manager to sort out. Glad it’s not my problem I just do the hours on the job properly and I’m starting to cut off as I’m fed up of going fast and helping and will do the job properly and by the book

“Idiots coming in early” is that aimed at part time staff trying to earn money?
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

matthew68 wrote:Our manager has told part-timers to come in before full time as from tomorrow it’s ridiculous as next week I am working with a part timer who will start before me LOL he is a runner and he’s going to be well pissed off with me when I coming on my time take my 20 minute break and leave him waiting for 45 minutes until I’m tied up ready to go. I would also use the trolley on delivery and try the neighbours and then bring mail back which I will tell the manager in advance I will be doing All these idiots coming in early are going to cause a big problems for the manager to sort out. Glad it’s not my problem I just do the hours on the job properly and I’m starting to cut off as I’m fed up of going fast and helping and will do the job properly and by the book
Start on time , use your trolley , take your meal reliefs and feck any job wreckers / runners . We're a profitable business not a charity !
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by crazyshrew »

And it's all gone wrong already.

Somebody who thinks they are clever has fiddled with more than just start and finish times.
Nearly 50 minutes IPS added to walks with 5hr30 delivery spans.
Then wonder why we're cutting off asking for nearly an hour's OT.

Monkeys could do a better job of working this out
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by postmanzach »

matthew68 wrote:Our manager has told part-timers to come in before full time as from tomorrow it’s ridiculous as next week I am working with a part timer who will start before me LOL he is a runner and he’s going to be well pissed off with me when I coming on my time take my 20 minute break and leave him waiting for 45 minutes until I’m tied up ready to go. I would also use the trolley on delivery and try the neighbours and then bring mail back which I will tell the manager in advance I will be doing All these idiots coming in early are going to cause a big problems for the manager to sort out. Glad it’s not my problem I just do the hours on the job properly and I’m starting to cut off as I’m fed up of going fast and helping and will do the job properly and by the book
Excellent work, well done this man! Need more people like this, runners just don’t get it! On a rare occasion FairPlay get done early but doing it every day undermines the job.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by postmanzach »

Managers been quite crafty here, so where we had 9 hour days we had total of 50 minutes break, the 12 Minutes off has changed that to a 40 minute break so there’s 10 Minutes more time on delivery so he’s Looking at making rounds bigger. Told him hats not happening as rounds already big enough.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by daveyeff »

number one wrote:
hans solo wrote:working to time as usual
they are expecting to absorb 12 mins by reducing tie up time from 30min to 20min :left: :left: :left:
30 minutes to tie up?? 15 at most!!!
half an hour is the given time in our office. over a thousand drops on my duty, can easily take 30 mins, especially if we have shedloads of packets.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by postslippete »

What management will do is have more guys on IPS sorting and bring part-timers in early in a bid to get posties on deliveries earlier. This will be the plan for a few weeks until they start cutting the budget and reverting to type by then not paying people to come in early to do IPS and/or prep.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by panch1989 »

If the office is running 6 day weeks with work 5 weeks get one week off shouldn't the start time be 10 mins off not 12?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by SpacePhoenix »

deetee wrote:Managers been quite crafty here, so where we had 9 hour days we had total of 50 minutes break, the 12 Minutes off has changed that to a 40 minute break so there’s 10 Minutes more time on delivery so he’s Looking at making rounds bigger. Told him hats not happening as rounds already big enough.
Looks correct with the breaks. Could the DOM be using PDA actuals and has seen enough people returning early before their official finish time, giving scope for rounds to be made bigger?

Image
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by DB1100 »

Got very few laggies in our DO,it will take us ages to tie up using cable ties
For we were soldiers once,and young
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Roll on tomorrow fun and games -12 minutes

Post by thecompletepackage »

Idiots at our office have made Mon and Tues a 30 minute later start and 25 mins on Saturday. Evidently it works out over 4 weeks??? You can guess the chaos of a 30 minute later start! They paniced by getting night staff to prep some walks, knowing it would mean us lot going out later if nothing was touched! Idiots.