Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situationpeshwaarinaan wrote:What if you're female!!!!!DGH wrote:What if you don't have a van?bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
Or indeed a portable urinal.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
On delivery and toilet breaks!
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
Large Housing estates have got to be the worst for trying to have a crafty pee. Absolutely nowhere to hide that isn't overlooked by someone.
Much easier if you're on a rural, plenty of deserted tracks and hedgerows.
We're lucky in our area that there are quite a few Pubs, Hotels and even PUBLIC TOILETS!
I do feel sympathy for those unfamiliar with an area, and it's obviously a lot more inconvenient (no pun intended) for our Female colleagues. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
On delivery and toilet breaks!
You have got to be joking. I would insist on going back to the office before it came to that.bobsworth wrote:Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situationpeshwaarinaan wrote:What if you're female!!!!!DGH wrote:What if you don't have a van?bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
Or indeed a portable urinal.
-
bobsworth
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 24 May 2018, 15:05
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
And you'd be absolutely right to do so - this is just an alternative to wetting yourself as presumably the person that did so wasn't confident enough to leave their round and return to the office.peshwaarinaan wrote:You have got to be joking. I would insist on going back to the office before it came to that.bobsworth wrote:Most actually come with female attachments... Admittedly still pretty undignified but what other choice in that situationpeshwaarinaan wrote:What if you're female!!!!!DGH wrote:What if you don't have a van?bobsworth wrote:If there are no facilities or secluded spots on the route why not use one of those portable urinals and relieve yourself in the van? Or is there a rule against that...?
Or indeed a portable urinal.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
This is something that has always concerned me tbh. I'm a bloke and on a deep rural delivery so discreet pee stops are plentiful, but no use if you're a woman.
When I did a town duty in the past, there was a pub that was actually outside of the duty area, would take 10-20 minutes to walk there and obviously the same to come back. There was also a community hall that was happy with posties using the loos, but it was only open monday wednesday friday! I have knocked on doors in the past when really desperate, the lovely old couple were quite happy to let me use the facilities, but we shouldn't be pushed to that! I really do think that RM should be investing in portaloos
When I did a town duty in the past, there was a pub that was actually outside of the duty area, would take 10-20 minutes to walk there and obviously the same to come back. There was also a community hall that was happy with posties using the loos, but it was only open monday wednesday friday! I have knocked on doors in the past when really desperate, the lovely old couple were quite happy to let me use the facilities, but we shouldn't be pushed to that! I really do think that RM should be investing in portaloos
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
On delivery and toilet breaks!
I was desperate the other day with another 2.5 hours to go. I had to walk ten minutes on to another duty but I had no choice. It's a big problem!!!!!Chewster wrote:This is something that has always concerned me tbh. I'm a bloke and on a deep rural delivery so discreet pee stops are plentiful, but no use if you're a woman.
When I did a town duty in the past, there was a pub that was actually outside of the duty area, would take 10-20 minutes to walk there and obviously the same to come back. There was also a community hall that was happy with posties using the loos, but it was only open monday wednesday friday! I have knocked on doors in the past when really desperate, the lovely old couple were quite happy to let me use the facilities, but we shouldn't be pushed to that! I really do think that RM should be investing in portaloos
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.
What is the disciplinary action if reported?
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.
What is the disciplinary action if reported?
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
Usual s**t why replyBELIAL wrote:Oh s**t
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
On delivery and toilet breaks!
Depends on circumstances and context. The disciplinary measures can and do range from a quiet word all the way to dismissal.Tinoblade wrote:I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.
What is the disciplinary action if reported?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
Ahh ok, cheers. Didn’t think it would be black and white!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Depends on circumstances and context. The disciplinary measures can and do range from a quiet word all the way to dismissal.Tinoblade wrote:I’m havung issues with this. Not on a daily basis but like once or twice a week, where I just have to go and I’m literally dancing on people’s doorsteps
Just eventually have to find somewhere discreet and hope I get away with it.
What is the disciplinary action if reported?
I’ve found the more I drink the less I need to go. When I’m dehydrated it’s worse!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
On delivery and toilet breaks!
I tend not to drink anything til I get back home. On a Monday this generally results in a banging headache so you shake your head and it feels like it's full of blood! I can usually predict when I will get a headache and the not drinking/dehydration go hand in hand.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.